What's new

Model of an upgraded Type 094 variant (Type 2)

Akasa

Reaction score
Country
Canada
It seems that Chinese military bloggers are posting about different variants of the Type 094. According to them, there are 3 different variants of the Type 094:
- Type 1 (the well known one, with 12 SLBMs)
- Type 2 (with 16 SLBMs, which is the subject of this thread)
- Type 3 (also known as Type 096, with 24 SLBMs)

There are different views about the Type 094 Type 2, especially on its appearance.

Here's one model of the Type 2 (thanks to ChineseTiger1986 for the photo). This one has no "hump":
13392567200606111322039.jpg

Here are some other models of the Type 2:
12227234.jpg

12227233.jpg

Apparently, the Type 2 will be launched very soon. This means that the Type 096 is well underway, or, if parallel development is ensuing, is nearing completion.

If anybody has any further information regarding the technical aspects of the Type 094 Type 2, please provide!

Year 2003/2004: Model 1

Year 2011/2012: Model 2

I speculate the time frame based on the information gave by Peishens.

Could the Type 096 be a parallel project to the Type 2?

I think the design of the Type 096 already began when the design of the Type 094 was accomplished, but i don't think it is the parallel projects like DF-31 and JL-2, designed by two different institutions, then proceeded it parallelly.

BTW, with the emergence of the Type 095, and i don't think the Type 096 will be far away. They are supposed to be paired just like their predecessors, the Type 093/094.

I think the design of the Type 096 already began when the design of the Type 094 was accomplished, but i don't think it is the parallel projects like DF-31 and JL-2, designed by two different institutions, then proceeded it parallelly.

BTW, with the emergence of the Type 095, and i don't think the Type 096 will be far away. They are supposed to be paired just like their predecessors, the Type 093/094.

Well, if they designed the Type 096 already, then why build a Type 094 Type 2? Why not just put all their effort into the Type 096?

Do you know how many Type 094 Type 2 will be built?

Well, if they designed the Type 096 already, then why build a Type 094 Type 2? Why not just put all their effort into the Type 096?

Do you know how many Type 094 Type 2 will be built?

Dunno, the first two were built back in 2003/2004, i guess it should be the Type 1, and recently there was one being deployed, so it must be the Type 2 since it was built 7-8 years later than the Type 1.

Dunno, the first two were built back in 2003/2004, i guess it should be the Type 1, and recently there was one being deployed, so it must be the Type 2 since it was built 7-8 years later than the Type 1.

Well, Western sources say that construction of the original Type 094 continues to this day, and that 5 boats have been launched so far (which fulfills its plans). This means that no further Type 094s will be built.

If it's built, then how many Type 2s will be built until the Type 096 is launched?

Western sources vs Peishens' sources?

I would take the later one any day.

Remember how the so-called most reliable Western sources claimed that China won't have a prototype of the stealth fighter until 2025. :rofl:

And those so-called Western analysts don't know a jacksh!t about China, most of their sources were cited from the Kanwa Defence Review.

Western sources vs Peishens' sources?

I would take the later one any day.

Remember how the so-called most reliable Western sources claimed that China won't have a prototype of the stealth fighter until 2025. :rofl:

And those so-called Western analysts don't know a jacksh!t about China, most of their sources were cited from the Kanwa Defence Review.

They said that China won't have stealth fighters in considerable numbers by 2025.

Anyways, how many Type 2s will be built before the Type 096 comes into the picture?

They said that China won't have stealth fighters in considerable numbers by 2025.

Anyways, how many Type 2s will be built before the Type 096 comes into the picture?

As i said, they consider Type 2 as an intermediate stage, thus it won't go to the mass production.

As i said, they consider Type 2 as an intermediate stage, thus it won't go to the mass production.

So, 1 or two before the Type 096 is launched? And if they've really completed the Type 096 design as you said, why not go straight to Type 096?

Back
Top Bottom