What's new

MMRCA Rafale And Cancellation Threats

Multiple economic indicators, again.. the world indicators matter more.
A Europe in recession effects India too.

Why 2013 Will See Faster, Stronger Global Growth

BRICS countries are the engines for global economic growth

Global economic outlook for 2013 revealed - United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs

But yes, India is clearly not immune external shocks completly out of its control. However I feel 2013 will be a good year for India economy wise.

Why 2013 Will See Faster, Stronger Global Growth

BRICS countries are the engines for global economic growth

Global economic outlook for 2013 revealed - United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs

But yes, India is clearly not immune external shocks completly out of its control. However I feel 2013 will be a good year for India economy wise.

experts predicted a sluggish 2013 globally and 2014 is election when the GOI will be too careful about bbringing in any major changes, but if India pulls through till 2014 without any major upsets then the Indian economy will be in the upswing after these years.

experts predicted a sluggish 2013 globally and 2014 is election when the GOI will be too careful about bbringing in any major changes, but if India pulls through till 2014 without any major upsets then the Indian economy will be in the upswing after these years.

2013 budget will be a reforming one. These reforms will see good prospects for higher growth in 2013 and beyond.

If that happens, I will simply accept that Indians don't care about economic upliftment of their people & spends madly for their regional wet dreams, living up to its reputation as a regional aggressive destabilizing hegemon. :)

Just think about your nation first....and then advice us...At least if you would like to troll, then try to contribute something sensible rather than repeating same thing again again....and btw who cares what you think man...If it is people from Pakistan or China, it makes some sense...not anybody else....

The deal is on, its the details that is taking time. How offset clause will be handled and what will be role of HAL. Given the complexity its no big deal. Stop spreading BS.

If the French are persistent then go for the Mig 35 or try to get the Typhoon which was the second place holder. As for the Su-30 MKI if we buy the Super Su-30 then I am fine with scrapping the deal but otherwise no.

Sorry but two donkeys cannot make a horse. Deal is on.

2013 budget will be a reforming one. These reforms will see good prospects for higher growth in 2013 and beyond.

Yes, u right, but two things, one is these reforms have to go through and with it a number of other legislative and structural changes need to be done for these reforms to be successful in having an impact. Without these changes the actual reforms per se will not yield complete results. These administrative, legislative and infrastructure changes will take a while.

Secondly, if the reforms go through as planned in 2013, the actual positive effects of these reforms on the Indian economy will be felt after a couple of years, thats 2015 and beyond.

Yes, u right, but two things, one is these reforms have to go through and with it a number of other legislative and structural changes need to be done for these reforms to be successful in having an impact. Without these changes the actual reforms per se will not yield complete results. These administrative, legislative and infrastructure changes will take a while.

Secondly, if the reforms go through as planned in 2013, the actual positive effects of these reforms on the Indian economy will be felt after a couple of years, thats 2015 and beyond.

Agreed. To your first point I feel after the most controversial reform (FDI) was pushed through both upper and lower houses of Parliament with little hassle (relativity) the others should not be too hard to get implemented. There seems to be a genuine realization in the GoI/Parliament to get such things done now so I expect big things.

Wrt second point, agreed such economic policies take at least 14-18 months to see any sort of impact. Having said that I still feel all the signs for 2013 and especially 2014 are good and Q3 2012 really was "rock bottom" wrt the economic growth in India.

Agreed. To your first point I feel after the most controversial reform (FDI) was pushed through both upper and lower houses of Parliament with little hassle (relativity) the others should not be too hard to get implemented. There seems to be a genuine realization in the GoI/Parliament to get such things done now so I expect big things.

Wrt second point, agreed such economic policies take at least 14-18 months to see any sort of impact. Having said that I still feel all the signs for 2013 and especially 2014 are good and Q3 2012 really was "rock bottom" wrt the economic growth in India.

2013 will be sluggish but not fully negative and indications are that India will pull through it easily becauuse we just need to do some minor adjustments to stay on the growth path not similar to major overhauling that is required by other countries. Our fundamentals are quite strong and this sluggishness is because of the global phenomena and not because of anything wrong with our economy, we just need to improve on domestic consumption, discover new markets, get a grip on corruption, improve domestic security, find new sources for energy, control energy costs, build and operate more nuclear power plants, concentrate on manufacturing, bring down unnecessary spending and fiscal deficit - these should be our short term goals along with our long term goals of better education, sanitation, development of women, better health care, environment protection,poverty iradication, look east policy, better outreach in Africa, Central Asia and South America etc.

India will sign the ideal this march 2013.......its waiting for certain things to be put in place.....we"ll see it in indian colours...

Indian politicians seems to have trolled innocent brainwashed Indians. :cry: The fact remains that, GOI can't afford the money with complete TOT & went to france for soft loans which france was unable to hand out due to the current economic downturn. And also they R not idiots to hand over decades of hard work on R & D to any x, y, z countries.. Btw its nothing to get upset about Indians, U guys should accept the fact that the whole world doesn't revolve around bollywood fantasized world.:)

one question. Why the hell a Pole vaulter is concern ???

And what about the day dreaming of your countrymen to buy a sub ??? :rofl:

Indian politicians seems to have trolled innocent brainwashed Indians. :cry: The fact remains that, GOI can't afford the money with complete TOT & went to france for soft loans which france was unable to hand out due to the current economic downturn. And also they R not idiots to hand over decades of hard work on R & D to any x, y, z countries.. Btw its nothing to get upset about Indians, U guys should accept the fact that the whole world doesn't revolve around bollywood fantasized world.:)

Looks like u have a lot of contacts in India. U know so much About GOI.
India didn't go to france for a loan. First get your facts right. Secondly who said the indians are brainwashed? If you haven't noticed there have beenloads of protests and movements by the people for the betterof the country. So I don't think the Indians are a brainwashed lot.

I have been following news events and looking for STRONG VIBES that this deal would and SHOULD HAVE been nearing its conclusion.

But ALL THE VIBES coming out of India MOD and Dassult are of stalemate.

WHAT WE ALL THOUGHT WHERE A 100% CAST IRON garanttee for winning this bid ie AESA TOT, engine technology crystal blade, and sharing weapons technology have stumbling blocks.

THE FRENCH do not want HAL to play a significant part BUT instead DICTATE terms with indian private players.

IN THE MEAN TIME IAF falling nos GOES ON. to barely 31 squdrons as we speak

MMRCA was first floated as a NEED in 2001.

by 2008 IT became URGENT as the MIGS started fall out of the skies.

THIS IS BECOMING A CIRCUS NOW with more delays expected to push decision the 2nd half of 2013

I want to ask all Indians should we scrap the MMRCA and look for a interim CHEAP SOLUTION.

The PAF did this very successfully with mirages 3 & 5 IN THE 1970s

surely IAF can do with mirage2000

STICK TO SU30MKI

AND GET lca moving FAST

sir ji na nau man tail hoga na radha nachegi the real thingis some of the babus and some new netas want a cut aswell and its pretty sure they will get it just a hiccup french will not let the boing get over hand as they are trying to hard last i heared boing is ok to give all the source codes and some other stuff aswell which they were reluctnt tro so french have a month to soften or be rest assured we will soon see F18's flying over india gate on jan the 26th

MMRCA is only a small part of total french industry dealings with India. Donot forget apart from ongoing defense dealings, France is also vying to supply upto 6 EPR nuclear reactors at Jaitapur. So any mis happening with the deal will impact France India relations for sure.
Moreover French have themselves accepted that apart from orders from French Airforce and Navy, there aren't many orders for Rafale and in a sense successful signing of deal would help Dassault more than IAF. Remember a buyer can always move to next shop, its the supplier that will repent the loss of business. I don't see Dassault letting Eurofighter or anyone else come into picture and let go, what is arguably biggest single deal in history of Dassault. Its a case of bargaining and some final solution is only round the corner. Any how, lets wait for this Financial year to end.

I don't trust these reports that are either based on vested interests or ignorance or both.
Can't trust media these days:no:, God knows who has payed them to create an impression that deal is falling apart.

MMRCA is the correct project to bring in more private Indian defence players into the fold instead of keeping HAL as the focal integrator.

Experience gained in this project can also help more private participation in the AMCA project.

When will the GoI actually encourage private players participation on mega projects ? Give the private players a chance to play a bigger role, they might very much do a better job than HAL.

Pacifying French with Airbus deal could be a sign of things to come.

The whole picture might be out in open in weeks to come.

Of course there is issue with Dassault.

Prices quoted previously are expected to increase considerably when real negotiations takes place.

A twist cant be ruled ouT, though would be unfortunate for enthusiasts.

Back
Top Bottom