What's new

MMRCA Rafale And Cancellation Threats

Storm Force

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
I have been following news events and looking for STRONG VIBES that this deal would and SHOULD HAVE been nearing its conclusion.

But ALL THE VIBES coming out of India MOD and Dassult are of stalemate.

WHAT WE ALL THOUGHT WHERE A 100% CAST IRON garanttee for winning this bid ie AESA TOT, engine technology crystal blade, and sharing weapons technology have stumbling blocks.

THE FRENCH do not want HAL to play a significant part BUT instead DICTATE terms with indian private players.

IN THE MEAN TIME IAF falling nos GOES ON. to barely 31 squdrons as we speak

MMRCA was first floated as a NEED in 2001.

by 2008 IT became URGENT as the MIGS started fall out of the skies.

THIS IS BECOMING A CIRCUS NOW with more delays expected to push decision the 2nd half of 2013

I want to ask all Indians should we scrap the MMRCA and look for a interim CHEAP SOLUTION.

The PAF did this very successfully with mirages 3 & 5 IN THE 1970s

surely IAF can do with mirage2000

STICK TO SU30MKI

AND GET lca moving FAST

If the French are persistent then go for the Mig 35 or try to get the Typhoon which was the second place holder. As for the Su-30 MKI if we buy the Super Su-30 then I am fine with scrapping the deal but otherwise no.

Is this a JOKE???

I have been following news events and looking for STRONG VIBES that this deal would and SHOULD HAVE been nearing its conclusion.

Yes, if u have PATIENCE deal is indeed nearing its conclusion. IAF chief himself said by end of this fiscal i.e. march-2013.

But ALL THE VIBES coming out of India MOD and Dassult are of stalemate.

Just b'coz media is saying that there are some problems doesn't mean the deal is at a stalemate, u are forgetting that the French wants this deal more desperately than India, this is the first export order of Rafale & if they mess it up, there will be no more orders from anywhere for the same.

WHAT WE ALL THOUGHT WHERE A 100% CAST IRON garanttee for winning this bid ie AESA TOT, engine technology crystal blade, and sharing weapons technology have stumbling blocks.

THE FRENCH do not want HAL to play a significant part BUT instead DICTATE terms with indian private players.

DEAL literally means compromises from both sides, India will demand some so will the French & after some give & take this will be signed, what else do u expect from a $20 billion deal which will have its impact for next 40 years?? We don't even buy a Rs. 500000 car overnight & here we are talking about 126+ fighter jets.

IN THE MEAN TIME IAF falling nos GOES ON. to barely 31 squdrons as we speak

It's 34 squads, said by the Air chief himself.

MMRCA was first floated as a NEED in 2001.

by 2008 IT became URGENT as the MIGS started fall out of the skies.

THIS IS BECOMING A CIRCUS NOW with more delays expected to push decision the 2nd half of 2013

Again a big IF here.

I want to ask all Indians should we scrap the MMRCA and look for a interim CHEAP SOLUTION.

One word - NO.

The PAF did this very successfully with mirages 3 & 5 IN THE 1970s

surely IAF can do with mirage2000

STICK TO SU30MKI

AND GET lca moving FAST

When one gets a Jaguar with some Patience, why go for a Nano?? IAF don't just want to add nos., is IAF a second rated AF?? IAF wants both Nos. & Quality to become a true Aerospace Power, there are no cheap solutions to it, IAF is a professional force, have a little trust on them.

BY 2017

India will be fielding 270 su30mki some with MLU by then

200+ upgraded MIG20SMT MIRAGE2000-5 & JAGUAR DARIN 2/3

For me than leaves some 150+ mig27/mig21 bison. OBSELETE FIGHTERS

If we can solve the PROBLEM OF THESE 150 OBSELETE FIGHTERS without spending $20 billion on rafale (ever so delayed rafale)
then we need to look into this

FOR ME HOPEFULLY 40 TEJAS MK1 BY 2017 & small order of 2nd hand mirages 2000 prhaps 40 planes should be enough until FGFA arrives in 2022

Indian politicians seems to have trolled innocent brainwashed Indians. :cry: The fact remains that, GOI can't afford the money with complete TOT & went to france for soft loans which france was unable to hand out due to the current economic downturn. And also they R not idiots to hand over decades of hard work on R & D to any x, y, z countries.. Btw its nothing to get upset about Indians, U guys should accept the fact that the whole world doesn't revolve around bollywood fantasized world.:)

Any big deal will have its share of problems and speculating is only going to take us this far.

Please, remember all those news stories saying the Rafale had not passed the selection criteria and had been kicked out of the MMRCA contest some 2-3 years back?? Or the reports saying the F-18 was a head in the race?

I don't trust these reports that are either based on vested interests or ignorance or both.

Indian politicians seems to have trolled innocent brainwashed Indians. :cry: The fact remains that, GOI can't afford the money with complete TOT & went to france for soft loans which france was unable to hand out due to the current economic downturn. And also they R not idiots to hand over decades of hard work on R & D to any x, y, z countries.. Btw its nothing to get upset about Indians, U guys should accept the fact that the whole world doesn't revolve around bollywood fantasized world.:)

Wait a few months you troll. Then what will you say?

A cancellation of the Rafale deal would mean a commercial threat to the Scorpene and other deals too.
France and the MBDA partners cannot afford this under the triple dip recession about to hit them(and India is effected by this too).
Its sort of a cyclic transaction that has to happen for the economic benefit of both states.

If the Rafale does get overruled(unlikely), then the EF should be automatically declared the winning contender.. which means that they would probably have a more appealing deal ready(as all competitors do) for the MoD to sign without further ado.

Wait a few months you troll. Then what will you say?

If that happens, I will simply accept that Indians don't care about economic upliftment of their people & spends madly for their regional wet dreams, living up to its reputation as a regional aggressive destabilizing hegemon. :)

A cancellation of the Rafale deal would mean a commercial threat to the Scorpene and other deals too.
France and the MBDA partners cannot afford this under the triple dip recession about to hit them(and India is effected by this too).
Its sort of a cyclic transaction that has to happen for the economic benefit of both states.

If the Rafale does get overruled(unlikely), then the EF should be automatically declared the winning contender.. which means that they would probably have a more appealing deal ready(as all competitors do) for the MoD to sign without further ado.

I agree with most of this but I'd say France and India were on different economic trajectories . Already it is being said Q3 2012 was the "low-point" or "rock-bottom" and that the economy is only going to go up from here, 2013 is likely to see 6-7% growth with 2014 seeing a return to 7-8%+.

If that happens, I will simply accept that Indians don't care about economic upliftment of their people & spends madly for their regional wet dreams, living up to its reputation as a regional aggressive destabilizing hegemon. :)

STFU, utter hogwash. When India's defence budget is <3% but poverty alleviation projects are far in excess of this how can you spout your BS?

You will spin any news so that India looks bad-pathetic.

I agree with most of this but I'd say France and India were on different economic trajectories . Already it is being said Q3 2012 was the "low-point" or "rock-bottom" and that the economy is only going to go up from here, 2013 is likely to see 6-7% growth with 2014 seeing a return to 7-8%+.

Multiple economic indicators, again.. the world indicators matter more.
A Europe in recession effects India too.

For you half glass filled will always remain half glass empty.soo.... ooooo....looser

Manufacturing Details Stall Franco-Indian MMCRA Negotiations
AIN Defense Perspective » December 14, 2012

MMRCA project: Govt firm on HAL as lead integrator
PTI Jan 3, 2013

:coffee:

Wait until March 31st 2013 mate.

Until this time has passed it is premature to make any judgments.

No need to anyway, there is no official source claiming that the budget cuts (of hardly $2 billion in the overall defence budget not in the IAF budget) will effect MMRCA. Not to mention if that would have been the case, the Apache deal must have been the first one that would be cancelled, because it is only for a few numbers, are very expensive, are not necessarily needed with Rudra and LCH coming in and most of all, a cancellation would avoid further issues between IAF and IA about who might get them at the end.

Back
Top Bottom