MMRCA may be scrapped by year end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm Force

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
News from SEVERAL sources in New Delhi in MOD and media are suggesting that indians are having a MASSIVE CHANGE OF HEART on the whole MMRCA project/saga for the IAF.

NEGOTIATIONS between the winners Dassult/rafale and the MOD in New Delhi have actually ceased for over week

Intially it was cited that there was DIFFERENCES in who shares the work load and TOT absorbtion between HAL & DASSULTS preferred indian partner AMBANI RELIANCE industries.

TODAY THE NEWS indicates that the INDIANS have several misgivings

1. THE TOTAL price could be as high as $26 billion ($6 billion for weapons alone)
2. FRENCH are not willing to share 100% TOT as was previously suggested
3. FRENCH want to control production as they see FIT
4. timescales ARE CLASHING with proposed INDUCTION OF FGFA IN 2019-2020

coupled with FINANCIAL DEFENSE CUTS coming into EFFECT the indians ARE READY to ditch this hyper expensive deal.

THIS DEAL WAS SCHEDULED TO BE CONCLUDED in Dec 2012 THEN summer 2013.

all contracts communication currently IS ON HOLD

for paf this wil be a MASSIVE RELIEF as it gives them critical time to modernise their FLEET with more breathing space.

PAF shoul use this time to get JF17 mature into block 2 and induct ADDITIONAL F16s from USA...

^^^^^^

Care to elaborate how does it benefits PAF in any way, I don't recall PAF showing any concern on the MMRCA.
PAF has it's own plans and doctrine hence either way it's ready to meet the challenge. !!

mmrca.jpg

Copyright / The Indian Express

News from SEVERAL sources in New Delhi in MOD and media are suggesting that indians are having a MASSIVE CHANGE OF HEART on the whole MMRCA project/saga for the IAF.

NEGOTIATIONS between the winners Dassult/rafale and the MOD in New Delhi have actually ceased for over week

Intially it was cited that there was DIFFERENCES in who shares the work load and TOT absorbtion between HAL & DASSULTS preferred indian partner AMBANI RELIANCE industries.

1. THE TOTAL price could be as high as $26 billion ($6 billion for weapons alone)

coupled with FINANCIAL DEFENSE CUTS coming into EFFECT the indians ARE READY to ditch this hyper expensive deal.

I seriously hope you are wrong, I feel Rafale is more important that even Pak-FA.

@Storm Force

Can you elaborate this 100% TOT meaning complete technology transfer of avionics , airframe and engine etc ? Did the French agree to it ?

PAF didn't speed up things because of MMRCA ever , as I remember it ...

Last edited by a moderator:
@Storm Force

Stop trolling man, the negotiations r still on with Dassault n even if something goes wrong then the deal will go to Typhoon.

So just relax guys give the poor MoD some time....:)

I AM TELLING YOU NOW IAF will scrap this deal. AND MORE IMPORTANTLY both TYHOON & USA TEEN SERIES will not be invited BACK.

THE WHOLE MMRCA is to be crapped

IAF will rely on SU30MKI until FGFA come in 2020

looks russians wil remain IAF PREMIERE air defense partner AFTER ALL

WAT A TAMASHA

FOR THOSE INDIANS or indeed posters LET ME MAKE IT PLAIN

INDIAN MOD CANNOT afford the estimated $25 billion that is required to make this happen & THE MOD/IAF are worried about timecales taking too long APPRENTLY IT WILL TAKE HAL/RELIANCE 54 MONTHS IE 4.5 years to start license production.

far too long and too CLOSE FGFA time lines

Are you really that dumb or just pretending.... give me a single source, otherwise better remain silent, because you are making an absolute fool out of yourself.

Ah...... as usual some circus is going on between France and India, MMRCA is not the only deal with France it involves various fronts of cooperation like Nuclear, Missile development, Bilateral co operation in Africa etc..etc....

I don't think the deal will be scrapped at this moment.

@Storm Force

MOD can't afford $25 bil??yeah you wish..isn't you supported Typhoon for MMRCA??

and Rafale deal will be done within 2013.Dassualt isn't a fool that they will nail their own coffin by scrapping this deal..

Why did they sign the deal post tender? I mean it isn't like you sign a contract and don't know what you'll be liable to pay :laugh:

@Storm Force

MOD can't afford $25 bil??yeah you wish..isn't you supported Typhoon for MMRCA??

and Rafale deal will be done within 2013.Dassualt isn't a fool that they will nail their own coffin by scrapping this deal..

According to the article French aren't willing to transfer the technology for india to assemble the aircrafts in house

You guys are ridiculous, like those dumb journos overhyping every single thing they hear :hitwall:

We are talking about close to 20 billion dollars, 50% offset, full ToT, a major pillar of the IAF, the perhaps biggest export chance for Dassault, an unique opportunity/challenge for HAL....etc etc...

And once there are hurdles in the negotiations, people suddenly come out of their holes and start announcing that the deal will be cancelled?! :hitwall:

If one does not know what he is talking about, he should better remain silent and not make a complete fool out himself. :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom