What's new

Missing persons; perception and reality....

What Supreme Court ?

A court is suppose to be independent , not influenced but revenge and ruling Party .

No Supreme Court is perfect, but it is still the highest court in the land, and thus that is what we have to let judge the cases before it, including the Missing Persons Case.

And who's gonna do that?

The same courts that are going to try Musharraf for killing Abdul Rashid Ghazi?

Yes, the same courts that are trying Musharraf for violating the Constitution.

Lets face it, our country is now a hotbed of extremists and a population that romanticizes them. We are very likely to see not an extremist takeover but rather an acceptance of them as the "right" way. Which means all liberties will be curtailed and for all intents and purposes.. Pakistan will be worse off than Afghanistan under the Taliban.
Pockets of normalcy might remain in hiding or under compounds, but other than that.. this is a lost nation.

If you truly understand why we are a lost nation, then what is the source of all the "happy talk"?

After all, we have major new discoveries of vast quantities of oil and gas and coal and diamonds and rubies and copper and gold (that remain forever buried), and we have major new projects of deep sea ports bullet trains and motorways and oil pipelines that will be the center of the world's trade (but are not even built or functioning or financed yet), and we have stockmarkets that go up and up and up (never down), and we have northern areas that the world wants to come and see (and cr-ap in the woods and rivers and streams just like the locals do), and we have diaspora that send record amounts of foreign exchange month after month after month to be spent on chicken karahi, lavish weddings and fancy cars (but no deodorant) and the list goes on.

How can this dichotomy be explained?

No Supreme Court is perfect, but it is still the highest court in the land, and thus that is what we have to let judge the cases before it, including the Missing Persons Case.

Well I & half the Pakistan don't accept these Monkey Courts .. so they can go to Hell for all I care . If the only thing they can do is to free the terrorists even when there is evidence .. and then the same guy they have evicted blows up a mosque & kills innocent . . I consider these courts equal partners of terrorists .. in their crime .

Well I & half the Pakistan don't accept these Monkey Courts .. so they can go to Hell for all I care . If the only thing they can do is to free the terrorists even when there is evidence .. and then the same guy they have evicted blows up a mosque & kills innocent . . I consider these courts equal partners of terrorists .. in their crime .

I wouldn't be so quick to dishonor the courts, imperfect as they are, but if you want to, please go ahead. It would fit in with the history of the uniform in holding itself above the law just fine.

Besides, what evidence has been presented that was not accepted by the courts after a proper legal examination and the right of the accused to defend themselves? Are you sure that the evidence met legal standards or is it like the Major deciding to shoot unarmed captives?

I wouldn't be so quick to dishonor the courts, imperfect as they are, but if you want to, please go ahead. It would fit in with the history of the uniform in holding itself above the law just fine.

Besides, what evidence has been presented that was not accepted by the courts after a proper legal examination and the right of the accused to defend themselves? Are you sure that the evidence met legal standards or is it like the Major deciding to shoot unarmed captives?

These courts are half the reason for the terrorism in Pakistan .. accept it or not is at your discretion .

Sir g why do you always make a very thing into a complex problem for yourself and others.
Most of those missing were actually the affiliates of the terrorists and rebels and some of those are actually sitting in their hideouts under the wraps of their masters.
let me remind you in Lyari operation last year 3 terrorists were arrested who happened to be on Missing Persons list which was sitting on the desk of CJ, so what you have to say about that?

The day you start handing death sentences o terrorist believe me you will have people brining every terrorist to the court first and interrogate later

Sir g why do you always make a very thing into a complex problem for yourself and others.
Most of those missing were actually the affiliates of the terrorists and rebels and some of those are actually sitting in their hideouts under the wraps of their masters.
let me remind you in Lyari operation last year 3 terrorists were arrested who happened to be on Missing Persons list which was sitting on the desk of CJ, so what you have to say about that?

The day you start handing death sentences o terrorist believe me you will have people brining every terrorist to the court first and interrogate later

If most of the person missing were terrorists and/or their affiliates, then please given the Supreme Court the evidence that establishes the basis of that claim, in private if the evidence is to be kept secret. Merely announcing that they are terrorists is simply not believable or sufficient. You have to go through the proper process. Then have the Supreme Court announce that it is satisfied that the missing persons absence are legal. End of story.

Trying to obstruct the court or claiming wrongly that uniformed persons are above the law will be counter-productive for the military and the nation, let me tell you that clearly.

These courts are half the reason for the terrorism in Pakistan .. accept it or not is at your discretion .

If you blame the courts, then that is your opinion. I do not accept that to be the case, and this is my opinion.

If most of the person missing were terrorists and/or their affiliates, then please given the Supreme Court the evidence that establishes the basis of that claim, in private if the evidence is to be kept secret. Merely announcing that they are terrorists is simply not believable or sufficient. You have to go through the proper process. Then have the Supreme Court announce that it is satisfied that the missing persons absence are legal. End of story.

Trying to obstruct the court or claiming wrongly that uniformed persons are above the law will be counter-productive for the military and the nation, let me tell you that clearly.

If you blame the courts, then that is your opinion. I do not accept that to be the case, and this is my opinion.

Ok lets forget the army , the ISI, the FC for a minute shall we? " Ye tou hain he begairat" , lets talk about those nabbed every week in Karachi by CID?, which includes the terrorists, and the Extremist, what verdict was given to them?
Yes sir please tell me? they were not detained in disclosed torture cells, they were arrested, FIR was lodged, challan was submitted, evidence was gathered, it was presented in Court.
Please tell me what happened in those cases? what was the verdict in those cases?

Ok lets forget the army , the ISI, the FC for a minute shall we? " Ye tou hain he begairat" , lets talk about those nabbed every week in Karachi by CID?, which includes the terrorists, and the Extremist, what verdict was given to them?
Yes sir please tell me? they were not detained in disclosed torture cells, they were arrested, FIR was lodged, challan was submitted, evidence was gathered, it was presented in Court.
Please tell me what happened in those cases? what was the verdict in those cases?

Well, the topic in this thread is the Missing Persons Case. If there is a thread on what you ask, we can discuss it there.

(I do not share or agree with your opinion of the Army, ISI or FC as stated above, even sarcastically.)

I have seen way too much to not blame them .

That you may have, but unless what you claim to have seen is shared or proven, then it will remain a private and personal opinion, which is okay. Just do not expect others to accept such opinions as being correct, that is all.

Well, the topic in this thread is the Missing Persons Case. If there is a thread on what you ask, we can discuss it there.

(I do not share or agree with your opinion of the Army, ISI or FC as stated above, even sarcastically.)
yes sir and this missing person case has more to do with courts and the Judicial system, I was merely pointing to the fact that if Military steps out of the circle than there are other entities which have a role to play in this.
As I said many times Army will keep doing this until and unless other institutes start playing their role effectively, is this not what Lt.Gen Pasha said in his statement to Abbottabad commission

yes sir and this missing person case has more to do with courts and the Judicial system, I was merely pointing to the fact that if Military steps out of the circle than there are other entities which have a role to play in this.
As I said many times Army will keep doing this until and unless other institutes start playing their role effectively, is this not what Lt.Gen Pasha said in his statement to Abbottabad commission

Yes, and he also said "We are a failing nation". That worries me far more.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom