What's new

Missing persons; perception and reality....

After all, we have major new discoveries of vast quantities of oil and gas and coal and diamonds and rubies and copper and gold (that remain forever buried), and we have major new projects of deep sea ports bullet trains and motorways and oil pipelines that will be the center of the world's trade (but are not even built or functioning or financed yet), and we have stockmarkets that go up and up and up (never down), and we have northern areas that the world wants to come and see (and cr-ap in the woods and rivers and streams just like the locals do), and we have diaspora that send record amounts of foreign exchange month after month after month to be spent on chicken karahi, lavish weddings and fancy cars (but no deodorant) and the list goes on.

How can this dichotomy be explained?

When you understand the difference between the nation and the state..
Pakistan and Pakistanis.. all 180 million of them... you will get the dichotomy.

When you understand the difference between the nation and the state..
Pakistan and Pakistanis.. all 180 million of them... you will get the dichotomy.

Well Sir, to be honest, Pakistanis are sooooooo not behaving as a nation, and are positively delusional about their State, so I guess that explains the dichotomy pretty nicely.

Look at this thread. The delusional nation is perfectly happy having 700 of its fellow citizens just "disappeared" with only insinuations that they must have been terrorists, and yet do not realize just what this lawlessness perpetrated by its forces and agencies does to the fabric of the State.

Until the whole edifice collapses, a la 1971.

i donot agree with his pov, or perhaps this video is taken out of context. as i have said gazillion times before sir, you need to work on other entities if you want army to step aside. if a person cant even drive a small car, are you going to hand him over a truck or a bus?
no you will not, correct the system or else face such cases, am saying this like a little stubborn kid.
Nation is failing but Armed forces are not equally to be blamed here. If you recall just two days ago i gave my pov on that Effective and efficient working of govt departments.
ISI had to step out of its circle and took upon itself the job of Police & IB. and why is that? because they are too incompetent.
heck CJ himself nullified the report of IB , calling it a newspaper.

Forced disappearances is wrong and unlawful - but it was the need of the hour. have they not done it, you would see BLA in full force like TTP today. Baluchistan would have gotten separated.
@balixd @F.O.X @nuclearpak any comments about the views expressed by Imran Khan here?

Last edited by a moderator:
i donot agree with his pov, or perhaps this video is taken out of context. as i have said gazillion times before sir, you need to work on other entities if you want army to step aside. if a person cant even drive a small car, are you going to hand him over a truck or a bus?
no you will not, correct the system or else face such cases, am saying this like a little stubborn kid.
Nation is failing but Armed forces are not equally to be blamed here. If you recall just two days ago i gave my pov on that Effective and efficient working of govt departments.
ISI had to step out of its circle and took upon itself the job of Police & IB. and why is that? because they are too incompetent.
heck CJ himself nullified the report of IB , calling it a newspaper.

Forced disappearances is wrong and unlawful - but it was the need of the hour. have they not done it, you would see BLA in full force like TTP today. Baluchistan would have gotten separated.

Can you even think for a second that may be, just may be, it is the Army itself that has a clearly vested interest in keeping all other institutions intentionally weak so that it remains the unchallenged arbiter of all things? The"need of the hour" to do whatever it feels is necessary is precisely that destroys the very foundations of the country. Look at where we are now. And look at how you try to justify the very thing that is destroying the country.

Do you think that politicians the world over are not corrupt? They are. But, of the ones that are flourishing, why do you think that their armies do not take over? Because that is even worse.

i can't see any post after post # 30 :undecided: closed and reopened the browser twice....

Can you even think for a second that may be, just may be, it is the Army itself that has a clearly vested interest in keeping all other institutions intentionally weak so that it remains the unchallenged arbiter of all things? The"need of the hour" to do whatever it feels is necessary is precisely that destroys the very foundations of the country. Look at where we are now. And look at how you try to justify the very thing that is destroying the country.

Do you think that politicians the world over are not corrupt? They are. But, of the ones that are flourishing, why do you think that their armies do not take over? Because that is even worse.

:hitwall:
Lets put the past in past - mistakes were made, some bad - i mean some effed up calls were made by the establishment,

Those were the times - when the Minister wouldn't know what his secretary presented to him and just sign it and the secretary would get those papers from Establishment, but those times are gone. it is time to make some hard and fast rules by the elected leaders
P.S am not talking about corruption on small scale, but the incompetence at the senior level for decision making & legislation.

judiciary has been given a free hand, just go and look at the lawyer association now, they act more like thugs now

:hitwall:
Lets put the past in past - mistakes were made, some bad - i mean some effed up calls were made by the establishment,

Those were the times - when the Minister wouldn't know what his secretary presented to him and just sign it and the secretary would get those papers from Establishment, but those times are gone. it is time to make some hard and fast rules by the elected leaders
P.S am not talking about corruption on small scale, but the incompetence at the senior level for decision making & legislation.

judiciary has been given a free hand, just go and look at the lawyer association now, they act more like thugs now

I agree that the past is the past, but it will take at least one or two decades to rebuild our institutions that have been destroyed. What my fear is that we may not have that long since the local chess games have been in play for a long time against us and we are only learning what is going on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom