Pakistan Space Agency

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Missiles intercepted above Saudi Arabian cities Riyadh, Jazan: Sources
Ismaeel Naar, Al Arabiya English
Sunday 29 March 2020

f507ff41-401f-4b28-93db-4ffef13d329d_16x9_600x338.jpg

A Patriot missile battery is seen near Prince Sultan air base at al-Kharj on February 20, 2020. (Illustrative photo: AFP)

At least two missiles have been intercepted above Saudi Arabia’s capital of Riyadh, Al Arabiya’s correspondent reported.

At least one missile was also intercepted over the southern city of Jazan, according to Al Arabiya sources.

“Loud explosions were heard across the northern areas of Riyadh and sources confirmed it was after two ballistic missiles were intercepted and destroyed. We’re hearing reports that the damaged parts of the missiles have now been scattered and we are yet to hear of any reports of injuries yet,” Al Arabiya’s correspondent in Riyadh Abdulrahman al-Osaimi said.

Residents and citizens in the northern districts of Riyadh reported hearing three loud explosions around 11:20 pm local time.

The Arab Coalition confirmed to the Saudi Arabian al-Ekhbariya channel a ballistic missile was intercepted and destroyed over the skies of Riyadh.

The attacks come more than a day after the Arab Coalition had intercepted and destroyed drones launched by the Houthi militia targeting the Saudi Arabian cities of Abha and Khamis Mushait.

Saudi Arabia has faced repeated attacks in recent years from drones and missiles fired by the Houthi militia from the Kingdom’s southern border with Yemen.

Earlier this year, Saudi Arabian Military Industries said it was working on developing a new counter-drone system to protect the Kingdom's vital infrastructure and military bases.

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/Ne...es-intercepted-above-Riyadh-Saudi-Arabia.html

To all Pakistanis asking for relief on sanctions on Iran, well I guess they don't need no relief and clearly have no shortage of funds. Which means they don't need those IMF funds because clearly they have enough $ to fight proxy wars and lob missiles on other countries via proxies.

The Persian regime is clearly more interested in destabilizing the region instead of winding down ops and taking care of own citizens.

Please don't tell me that those khat eating tribals can make rockets/drones that somehow seem to be a copy of the iranian weapons.

To all Pakistanis asking for relief on sanctions on Iran, well I guess they don't need no relief and clearly have no shortage of funds. Which means they don't need those IMF funds because clearly they have enough $ to fight proxy wars and lob missiles on other countries via proxies.

The Persian regime is clearly more interested in destabilizing the region instead of winding down ops and taking care of own citizens.

Please don't tell me that those khat eating tribals can make rockets/drones that somehow seem to be a copy of the iranian weapons.
May be we should help the Iranians destabalise the region and reshape it as to how it should be? A region without Israel?

May be we should help the Iranians destabalise the region and reshape it as to how it should be? A region without Israel?

You cannot be serious.

They are not in it to counter Israel. If it was then Syrian war would be a lot different. This has nothing to do with religion/sect either but older Persian ambitions.

You cannot be serious.

They are not in it to counter Israel. If it was then Syrian war would be a lot different. This has nothing to do with religion/sect either but older Persian ambitions.
No, I am serious. This colonial British map needs to change for the better and this is the time to do it. Time to topple those Arab regimes who acted against us and sided with Israel. Iran+Pakistan+China is a formidable change for the future. The trigger should be now.

KSA needs to be careful, with oil prices so low , a strike on it's oil refineries at this time can be catastrophic for its economy.
actually that is what the world needs right now, it will crash KSA but oil price will hike up too and every country needs that right now. However KSA is not coming easy they have started pumping to full capacity

please explain how, Lower the better? it is effecting oil producing countries including US

it is good for non producing countries as there import bill is reduced but not for those who economy is dependent on it
I am looking at it from the point of my pocket and not from macroeconomics.

I think they have used the term "ballistic missiles" rather loosely here. Most likely they intercepted some primitive rockets fired by the Hauthi rebels.

On basis of defence, i wonder why saudi does not go all out on yemen? Either stay away and don't interfere, but if u interfere, then do it properly.

Back
Top Bottom