What's new

Mirage III / V of Pakistan Air Force

“Arrival in the world is really a departure and that, which we call departure, is only a return.”.

1647371676180.png

End of an Era Approaches

March 23rd arrival of new J10 Birds , will be dawn of new Era

• JF17-Block 3 New Standard
  • JF17-Block 2 , Two Seaters
  • J10 - Dragon , New Delta Wing Beast

It is finally time for Mirages to fade away into sunset

Tremendous appreciation for Engineering Aviation Shops , which kept the Mirage Fleet looking Sharp all these years , and that individual engineer who followed every step according to book. Or that other engineer who took pride in never missing a single bolt on any part

Last edited:
Since we will be getting more J-10C in coming years, i am not sure what is the pan to retire mirage.

I hope all F-7 and Mirage retire by 2025.

Last edited:
Since we will be getting more J-10C in coming years, i am not sure what is the pan to retire mirage.

I hope all F-7 and Mirage retire by 2025.
Doubt mirages will be gone so soon. Though their numbers might decrease (starting with the ones that weren’t upgraded in the ROSE program)
F7P and PG likely and hopefully will be gone by 2025.

The mirages are still useful, they serve specific roles and serve them very well, mainly CAS, ground attack etc. they’re currently the only birds in PAF service that can carry SOWs like H2 and H4 (which the JF-17 can’t do until we get new SOWs) and are still the main platform for delivering ALCMs (JF-17 is being configured to Carry Ra’ad and will soon take over this role, but hasn’t yet) and acting as bomb trucks (Mirages, due to their design, can carry a lot, for satiation bombing and CAS they might be more useful than JF-17s, which can instead be used for A2A duties where they are more useful).

So While the JF-17 has started to take over some of their roles, it can’t do all of them, and the F-16 and J-10 are needed for A2A duties. This means the Mirage still has a use, and due to its specific upgrades, it does them very well.

During the Afghan War in which nine fighter squadrons of Pakistan Air Force (PAF) took part actively, the PAF logged 10939 sorties entailing 13275:40 hours.

A total of 2476 enemy air violations were recorded involving 7589 enemy aircrafts. j 16 squadrons.

1648815466035.png

Back
Top Bottom