Mirage V 5PA-2 18
Mirage V 5PA 28
Mirage V 5DPA-2 2
Mirage V 5PA-3 12
Mirage 5F ROSE II 20
Mirage 5F ROSE III 14

Mirage V Total 82

Total Mirages 157

Mirage will probably be replaced with F-16, JF-17 and J-10B.

I think this was the total induction over the years and not the present inventory.

It's 2015...and we have still over 100 Mirages waiting for the replacement....!! Is there any hope....that these flying coffins would be replaced till one can say...2020...?? Or they would be be still there screaming in the air begging to be grounded..??

If Pakistan Air Force is operating about 170 Mirage's then they would be able to get the Replacement from France as this would be a bigger number than that of India. Though the former COAS categorically stated PAF is not going to induct any more French Aircraft.

Though it might be easier and economical to replace these with Mirage 2000-5's or the Rafale.

If my count is right that's the sixth mirage crash in six months. PAF is having the same problems with its mirages as the IAF has with Mig 21s and Mig 27s.

Could this be because of the heavy use of these aircraft in the ongoing operations in the tribal areas?

If my count is right that's the sixth mirage crash in six months. PAF is having the same problems with its mirages as the IAF has with Mig 21s and Mig 27s. Could this be because of the heavy use of these aircraft in the ongoing operations in the tribal areas?

Incompetence of the maintenance technicians over the years. These fighters in Pakistan and India should have been replaced long time ago. They did not want to buy around $60 million new fighter to replace hundreds of old fighters. Pakistan is replacing old fighters with $15-20 million JF-17s and now India also going the direction by replacing them with cheaper LCA Teja rather than the $100 milllion Rafale fighter..

Incompetence of the maintenance technicians over the years. These fighters in Pakistan and India should have been replaced long time ago. They did not want to buy around $60 million new fighter to replace hundreds of old fighters. Pakistan is replacing old fighters with $15-20 million JF-17s and now India also going the direvtion by replacing them with cheaper LCA Teja rather than the $100 milllion Rafale..

Cost does not imply safety. Whatever their other shortcomings, both the JF17 and Tejas have brilliant safety records.

Incompetence of the maintenance technicians over the years.

What incompetence ?? This platform is 50+ years old and well crossed its full life. It would have been replaced by now if we were not facing the financial crunch. In fact keeping such old platform airworthy is it self a high level of competency.

Pakistan must eliminated their worst planes Mirages and F-7PG in their inventories.

Too many crashes from old farts jets.
I think China can do more like giving PAF additional f7 mg so that PAF can convert some mirages into spares.
Or else PAF had to buy from egypt

I think China has many spare f7pgs out there. May be PAF will buy it. Else PAF should sell f7 p to any operator in terms of spares.

As PAF loves the mirages n will keep it till 2020. I'm with mirages. Jf17 n f16 will be the back bone of paf

Do you have access to the PAF AIr Accident Reports compiled by the Office of the DCAS Operations correlated with the office of DCAS Engineering to state that with certainty?
I don't think so.

I don't think so.
Neither do I, but his post history says that he just needs to post negative crap for the heck of it because of some misplaced grudge against the Pakistani military. ...and this is coming from me who as most will testify is usually negative.

Neither do I, but his post history says that he just needs to post negative crap for the heck of it because of some misplaced grudge against the Pakistani military. ...and this is coming from me who as most will testify is usually negative.
Can I ask why do u have Mullah diesel as your Avatar. I used to really look forward to your comments. Now each time I see your avatar, I just wanna throw up. Apologies in Advance if you are his fan.

Back
Top Bottom