What's new

Ministry Keen to Purchase 500 More Howitzer Guns from BAE Systems

What about Dhunush & DRDO155 mm which they developed locally, even TATA and few other companies already developed Howitzers.
'Ultra light howitzer' stress on this part and you would understand!

Take it bro since thread posted on Pakistan Defence Forum and i am a register member here, i would like to share my thoughts and if you don't like it put me in your ignore list or find my posts offensive or abusive, you can report me.
Regards,
You are welcome...

Are you moderator to this forum to own PDF?
No Sir simple member from Pakistan, since forum belongs to Pakistan in that since you people are my Guests we are your hosts. Just remember that.
Enjoy our hospitality,

Cheers,

Regards,

No Sir simple member from Pakistan, since forum belongs to Pakistan in that since you people are my Guests we are your hosts. Just remember that.
Enjoy our hospitality,

Cheers,

Regards,
This is an international forum I think. In this pdf u ,&me and any one other than moderators are having equal privileges. I said you welcome earlier because your comment shows some meaning,I never encourage & agree with my fellow countrymen when they said like "its our money,its our DRDO "to pak flag holders while u criticise DRDO nd all. It's forum we all are here to have fruitful discussion garnished with little bit trolling...

Last edited:
nice
This is an international forum I think. In this pdf u ,&me and any one other that moderator are having equal privileges. I said you welcome earlier because your comment shows some meaning,I never encourage & agree with my fellow countrymen when they said like "its our money,its our DRDO "to pak flag holders while u criticise DRDO nd all. It's forum we all are here to have fruitful discussion garnished with little bit trolling...
thinking keep this very well cheers :cheers:

As long as India isn't able to produce anything even remotely in its class then yes, I will support imports on this front.
If Navy had said the same some decades back then there won't be a Navy like today.
#JustSaying

If Navy had said the same some decades back then there won't be a Navy like today.
#JustSaying
I am not having any thing against navy,but one thing we should remember is that most of the offensive gears in IN ships still are either imported once or either licence produced one with only exception brahmose(that too a joint production with huge tech support from Russians). But one shoul appreciate IN for their support on domestic ship building as well as N-LCA program.

I am not having any thing against navy,but one thing we should remember is that most of the offensive gears in IN ships still are either imported once or either licence produced one with only exception brahmose(that too a joint production with huge tech support from Russians)
A navy is about ships not gears, you can fit any kind of gear once you have the platform.
Vikrant,Kolkata,Satupra all are offensive enough.

A navy is about ships not gears, you can fit any kind of gear once you have the platform.
Vikrant,Kolkata,Satupra all are offensive enough.
It's the men with weapons actually fights,not the vessel alone... Just see the armament of these ships,all are imported from outside with exception of brahmose. Navy did a very good job on building ships in India itself,& some crucial sensors like sonars. Yeas I do agree navy was better than iaf on indigenous weapons.

I am not having any thing against navy,but one thing we should remember is that most of the offensive gears in IN ships still are either imported once or either licence produced one with only exception brahmose(that too a joint production with huge tech support from Russians). But one shoul appreciate IN for their support on domestic ship building as well as N-LCA program.

Even the subsystems within the ships are slowly being developed or co developed. Examples like Barak 8, Brahmos, radar systems for small ships(Corvettes, OPV), sonar systems, anti torpedo systems, EW systems, etc, etc, etc. are not only being developed, but inducted and deployed. Eventually these radars will be more sophisticated to equip destroyers, cruise missiles and SAM system will have longer range, etc.

The navy's partnership with the DRDO, etc. is pretty sound. They could have easily imported for several of these systems, but cooperated with the developers in the country.

During Kargil the Indian army used 100-120 guns at a time in concert to demolish bunkers and demoralize the enemy. For recapturing Tiger hill area itself the Indian Army used 300 guns.

Now this was an extremely limited, and localized war in a relatively very small geographical area.

Imagine if we had to find a war all along the Himalays with pakistan and china joining hands. Even without pakistan if China was to hold positions along multiple locations our current number of guns will be nowhere enough. So far our procurement was done with primarily pakistan in mind.

With our new look at China and a possibility (however remote) of a two Front war our realistic needs far exceed our current inventory.

The constraint is budget for both guns and ammunitions required to feed such a large number of guns. But in the future that is what we would be looking at, of that I am certain.

In fact after Kargil there was a proposal for by a few young Turks in the IA to have a doctrine of a "Wall of Fire" using 10,000 pieces of Artillery. :D ...... again the real problem is "Budget". (which includes logistics)

Our current doctrine of "cold start" or "short quick war" also seeks to have massive fire power for a short duration. Quick moving Light weight Artillery guns would be the first to be considered.

You are wrong here, they did not use 300 Guns at the same time, if you you see in pictures and videos only few Guns were there, 300 Gun Firing at the same time would be be like any thing, It used to cost us 50k per shell in 98 300 * 50k = Rs 15000000 in one fire. He is right most likely all these Guns would be on china Border. 500 + would be Good Number. Second I do not know if you guys are aware that in 98 Pakistan did some accurate firing with their weapon locating radar AN/TPQ 36, only then we purchased Firefinder AN-TPQ-37 , Rahtheon's Firefinder radars supplied to India can track "first-round" hostile fire within seconds from a range of three to 50 km, and launch precise counter attacks. I am not sure how well these radars would work on china border .

BAE_Systems_gave_India_option_for_local_production_of_the_M777_155mm_howitzer_640_001.jpg

0004.jpg

You are wrong here, they did not use 300 Guns at the same time, if you you see in pictures and videos only few Guns were there, 300 Gun Firing at the same time would be be like any thing, It used to cost us 50k per shell in 98 300 * 50k = Rs 15000000 in one fire. He is right most likely all these Guns would be on china Border. 500 + would be Good Number. Second I do not know if you guys are aware that in 98 Pakistan did some accurate firing with their weapon locating radar AN/TPQ 36, only then we purchased Firefinder AN-TPQ-37 , Rahtheon's Firefinder radars supplied to India can track "first-round" hostile fire within seconds from a range of three to 50 km, and launch precise counter attacks. I am not sure how well these radars would work on china border .

LOL...I am not going by "pictures" and photos, I am going by press reports that provided the numbers I mentioned.

Fire Finder radars will work just fine in china border too. Only Indian strategy seems to be buying a lot of MLRS. IA already had 3 Regiments of Pinaka with 2 more regiments being cleared in October and 6 more Regiments cleared now.

That makes it a total of 11 Pinaka regiments i.e a total of 14,256 Missiles :D

So IA has plugged its gap of Artillery by inducting MLRS, since they performed reasonably well in Kargil.

LOL...I am not going by "pictures" and photos, I am going by press reports that provided the numbers I mentioned.

Fire Finder radars will work just fine in china border too. Only Indian strategy seems to be buying a lot of MLRS. IA already had 3 Regiments of Pinaka with 2 more regiments being cleared in October and 6 more Regiments cleared now.

That makes it a total of 11 Pinaka regiments i.e a total of 14,256 Missiles :D

So IA has plugged its gap of Artillery by inducting MLRS, since they performed reasonably well in Kargil.

Are you sure that Tiger hill was bombard with 300 Bofors Guns .What are you Talking about ? I hop you are not drunk. Get your facts right first. 300 Guns for Tiger HILL, you are funny. MLRS are you kidding me that's not gonna make a difference, how would you lift MLRS in mountains man , we lost the 62 war because they were not able to mobilize troops and Ammunition on time. That is the reason we need M 777.

Back
Top Bottom