What's new

Minimum serving time in PAF

Pak armed forces are not a conscription force. But they are a all volunteer armed forces.
So their is no minimum or maximum. It all depends on ur career.

What is the minimum you have to serve in the Pakistan Air Force?

Thanks.

:pakistan:

depends which 'arm' of the PAF u belong to

GDP
Engg
Admn
Medical

the most critical is the GDP where age and fitness play a key role. for others 30-35 years of service is 'average'

paf piolt do serve acording to their service record best piolts get higher ranks which extends their service the best piolt goes to the rank of acm having the longes service of 35 to 40 years whereas some piolts retire at 20 y serv.

Depends on the type of commission and branch.

In Short service commission(SSC) minimum period is 10 yrs...after that the officer is asked if he wants to leave or continue his service. The branches with SSC are Logistics,Education, Admin, IT, Legal, MET and Engg ( not Aeronautical Engg).

As for the rest AE,Air Def and GD(P) mimimum period is 15yrs....however an officer can ask for 'Release' at any time.

The officer who gets 'Release' will get full benefits just like a retired officer...however if you give resignation, then things are different.

Depends on the type of commission and branch.

In Short service commission(SSC) minimum period is 10 yrs...after that the officer is asked if he wants to leave or continue his service. The branches with SSC are Logistics,Education, Admin, IT, Legal, MET and Engg ( not Aeronautical Engg).

As for the rest AE,Air Def and GD(P) mimimum period is 15yrs....however an officer can ask for 'Release' at any time.

The officer who gets 'Release' will get full benefits just like a retired officer...however if you give resignation, then things are different.

thanks for the brief reply, i search on this topic but i am fail to get the proper information like you give in this posts :)

thanks for the brief reply, i search on this topic but i am fail to get the proper information like you give in this posts :)

Thanks, there are some more points i didn't mentioned.

Giving resignation after 10yrs of service in all armed forces of Pakistan is taken as retirement. The officer enjoys most of the benefits like other retired fellows, only some deduction is made...as he did not finished his service as required...i have seen mostly people after getting super seeded by the promotion board don't want to continue their service under their juniors...so they resign....after all its all about respect!

So you can ask for release?

I don't mind serving for ten years because that's pretty normal for every job.

What would happen if I want early release? What about marriage etc?

So you can ask for release?

I don't mind serving for ten years because that's pretty normal for every job.

What would happen if I want early release? What about marriage etc?

i dont think you can do that. once you're in you have to stay for certain amount like someone said above 10 years. then you can choose to leave or stay.

its like a contract that you cant breach.

Back
Top Bottom