What's new

Mini skirts at Jama Masjid provoked Bhatkal

I commented yesterday that Pakistanis have a disturbing habit of using the word "jew" to describe anythinng they hate. (GEO TV becomes Jew TV and so on.)

Indians have started using the word secular to mean islamist or terrorist or anything they don't like. I can understand that behavior from rabid religious fanatics, but many sane Indian members seem to be doing that too.

What is secular about this islamic terrorist? He himself would stab or shoot a secular person just for being secular. It is ridiculous to misuse that term in this manner.

Exactly mate. I believe it has more to do with these Political Parties usurping the secular tag for themselves and while simultaneously indulging in minority appeasement and divisive Politics. Time to reclaim the word for the true meaning that it stands for.

Let's admit that we Indians have perverted the word 'secular' beyond all definitions. In almost no other country has the so called secularists been so unabashedly pathetic. It's our collective fault that we have all made 'secular' into almost a slang.

@Tshering22 - Let's stick with pseudo secular. :tup: :devil:

I want no part in that collective fault, because I have never misused that word as an insult.:angel:

It is time PDF Indian members stop using it as a derogatory term.

I'm secular and I am one of those who advocate a Zero Tolerance Policy for Terrorists. Now, does that make me any less secular?
I simply don't understand it as to what people like you have against people who are secular in their outlook. That trait has nothing to do with Nationalism. You're Buddhist I believe, and I recognize you as Indian first and Buddhist later, and your religion and food habits make no difference to me. Why do you think this is a wrong outlook to have??

I commented yesterday that Pakistanis have a disturbing habit of using the word "jew" to describe anythinng they hate. (GEO TV becomes Jew TV and so on.)

Indians have started using the word secular to mean islamist or terrorist or anything they don't like. I can understand that behavior from rabid religious fanatics, but many sane Indian members seem to be doing that too.

What is secular about this islamic terrorist? He himself would stab or shoot a secular person just for being secular. It is ridiculous to misuse that term in this manner.

Every sane Indian believes in the pluralism of India. That is non negotiable.
'Secularism' was sarcastically referred to in the posts cause this word has been completely destroyed by Congressis ,leftists and armchair intellectuals. And so much so , that even the existence of IM is denied by quite a few in the intellegentia .

Non Muslims can also visit Mosque. I've already been to couple of them. :)

Not the prayer area. There is a separate visitor's area in most of the monument level mosques. For example there is this mosque in Abu Dhabi called Sheikh Zaid Mosque. It is open to all visitors except for the praying area where only Muslims are allowed.

I want no part in that collective fault, because I have never misused that word as an insult.:angel:

Why is it derogatory?

That is the word secularists who chest thump about appeasement, say right?

That is what secularism in India means : appeasement of whining communities.

Take it with a pinch of salt, mate.

Does not matter. We have voted such people as we see today. We have played a part in allowing dynasty politics and shameless appeasement + votebank politics. So we can't shed the blame. :disagree:

I was told by my muslim friends that women can enter only dargahs not masjido_O
Largely true, but not entirely. Some mosques allow, some do not. Saudi funded ones usually don't. In Kashmir there is often a separate area for women. So it's not universal.

Every sane Indian believes in the pluralism of India. That is non negotiable.
'Secularism' was sarcastically referred to in the posts cause this word has been completely destroyed by Congressis ,leftists and armchair intellectuals. And so much so , that even the existence of IM is denied by quite a few in the intellegentia .

Which is why I try to correct people when they use these words interchangably. There's nothing wrong in being secular, especially in a Nation like India. What is absolutely wrong though, is to corrupt the very meaning of that word into an unrecognizable version of itself. The Political Parties of India have done it for so long, and now the common man is indulging in it.

As far I know non muslims and ladies are not allowed to enter a mosque . Must be outside the masjid compound.
I m not sure , which part exactly is the mosque , but the part i went to was a huge open space ,in the middle of which there was a small pool of water which had bird droppings in it :p:. there were ladies all around , all covered , some wearing the overall provided at the gate..

Let's admit that we Indians have perverted the word 'secular' beyond all definitions. In almost no other country has the so called secularists been so unabashedly pathetic. It's our collective fault that we have all made 'secular' into almost a slang.

@Tshering22 - Let's stick with pseudo secular. :tup: :devil:

Khamosh! Even speaking up against honor killings related to same gotra marriage is secularism.:angry:

Btw, AAP is running for cover thanks to Shazia. :lol:

Khamosh! Even speaking up against honor killings related to same gotra marriage is secularism.:angry:

Btw, AAP is running for cover thanks to Shazia. :lol:

I know, today I was branded "secular" by our resident hindu fanatic for that very reason.

I wish that video of Shazia had leaked before the elections began.

I know, today I was branded "secular" by our resident hindu fanatic for that very reason.

Sayeth what? I HAVE BECOME A CLAIRVOYANT THEN, WELL EITHER THAT OR PSYCHIC. When did this happen? Before or after my post here? @SarthakGanguly I knew I was special man, from day one! :woot:

There :mad: You lost your secular certificate. Tear it up now - Rahul Gandhi isshtyle :D
@Dillinger - I have never doubted your capabilities :angel:

Back
Top Bottom