What's new

Military vows to take terror threat head on

When masters ordered him to observe silence, what else we could expet from him?

This is a true face of politics...!

This is very brave of the military... but no real operation has been conducted in South Waziristan where the main TTP leadership exists. Out of 6 tehsils where operations took place, only one Sararogha has actually been cleared. We all would like nothing better other than the utter destruction of the terrorists but the question does arise is the army really willing to face off against them?

No negotiation with TTP - We have to crush this evil, we have to learn the lesson from Srilanka.

Hmm...I think you are referring to the Saudi Salafi establishment. When will we show some guts and really go after these TTP patrons?

As soon as we can stop depending on others for $$$ and start looking at Pakistan from a Pakistani perspective, not an Arab one.

Heard in one of the TV talk shows that Taliban have warned people not to attend ANP, MQM & PPP rallies. This clearly indicates extremist’s implicit support for JI, PTI & PML-N.

It appears that PML-N would probably emerge as the largest political force after the next election. With the LeJ lovers such as Rana Sana Ullah being leading lights in the PML-N, I for one don’t expect militancy to lessen or end any time soon. In fact I would suggest all liberals in generals and Shia’s in particular to brace themselves for a repeat of the Zia era where people were flogged in the streets. Military operation against the militants? Out of the question.

Suppose this what majority of Pakistanis want.

Heard in one of the TV talk shows that Taliban have warned people not to attend ANP, MQM & PPP rallies. This clearly indicates extremist’s implicit support for JI, PTI & PML-N.

I think it means that TTP is targetting those parties which are or were part of the central government, and leaving out the rest.

I agree that PPP, ANP and MQM have a slightly more secular and liberal look than PTI or some other parties, but I dont think you can label PTI in the same bracket as JI or PML.

I think it means that TTP is targetting those parties which are or were part of the central government, and leaving out the rest.

I agree that PPP, ANP and MQM have a slightly more secular and liberal look than PTI or some other parties, but I dont think you can label PTI in the same bracket as JI or PML.

Come on, now - If JI PML-N come to pwer they will negotiate, and so of course the TTP and their supporters in the security establishment want to see PML-N, JI and JUI-F to form the next government.

It appears that PML-N would probably emerge as the largest political force after the next election. With the LeJ lovers such as Rana Sana Ullah being leading lights in the PML-N, I for one don’t expect militancy to lessen or end any time soon. In fact I would suggest all liberals in generals and Shia’s in particular to brace themselves for a repeat of the Zia era where people were flogged in the streets. Military operation against the militants? Out of the question.

Suppose this what majority of Pakistanis want.

It looks like Pakistan will not be fixed until Pakistani's will revolt and hang every bearded person to the nearest lamp post or tree!

What !!! taliban support PTI ? ( imran khan ) ? I was supporting him.....I am disappointed now. :(

Come on, now - If JI PML-N come to pwer they will negotiate, and so of course the TTP and their supporters in the security establishment want to see PML-N, JI and JUI-F to form the next government.

Didn't ANP, a party on the hitlist, host the peace conference?

I agree that PML and JUI have a soft spot for these fundos, but I personally dont think, or maybe don't want to believe, that a mainstream political party can be such a fundamentalist one such that it explicitly supports the fundos.

What !!! taliban support PTI ? ( imran khan ) ? I was supporting him.....I am disappointed now. :(

Imran Khan want to negotiate for peace if they don't do it on Pakistani terms they will be booted with the support of the people in the area.

PML-N on the other hand will probably bend backwards to negotiate for peace that means more power for TTP politically or full lawlessness.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom