What's new

Military Documentaries

fatman17

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
No /2007-ISPR Dated 16-12-07
BRACCIANO, ROME (ITALY), DECEMBER 16: Pakistan won the first prize and the jury special prize for two of its military documentaries presented at the 18th International Military Film Festival “Armies and People” in Bracciano near Rome. “Making the Mark”, a documentary based on the theme of women empowerment in Pakistan won the first prize, while “Perfect but Stranger”, a documentary based on the role of a drill instructor in moulding the personality of a cadet in Pakistan Military Academy was awarded a special jury prize and highly applauded by all. Pakistan is a regular participant of this competition, which is contested by 33 countries and has won prizes in the past also. Pakistan is the only country to have won two prizes in the competition this year.
It is worth mentioning here that the documentary “Perfect but Stranger” was produced by ISPR and “Making the Mark” was produced with the assistance of PTV.
Ms Nargis Hashmi directed this documentary. Lieutenant Colonel, Syed Mujtaba Tirmizi is the executive director and coordinator of these documentaries.

Great News! ISPR has made some real good movies in the past. PAF has also made some on there own, they are also real good.

Kewl, congrats Miss Nargis Hashmi and Lieutenant Colonel Syed Mujtaba Tirmizi, ISPR and PTV! :pakistan:

I wonder if these films will be shown in regular Film Festivals. I love Pakistani documentaries; the best one I've seen (possibly the best documentary I've ever seen) so far has been Mohammed Naqvi's Shame.

Do you know where/how I can obtain more Pakistani documentaries?

where are the links man we wnat too see these doc movies post links plz:undecided:

No /2007-ISPR Dated 16-12-07
BRACCIANO, ROME (ITALY), DECEMBER 16: Pakistan won the first prize and the jury special prize for two of its military documentaries presented at the 18th International Military Film Festival “Armies and People” in Bracciano near Rome. “Making the Mark”, a documentary based on the theme of women empowerment in Pakistan won the first prize, while “Perfect but Stranger”, a documentary based on the role of a drill instructor in moulding the personality of a cadet in Pakistan Military Academy was awarded a special jury prize and highly applauded by all. Pakistan is a regular participant of this competition, which is contested by 33 countries and has won prizes in the past also. Pakistan is the only country to have won two prizes in the competition this year.
It is worth mentioning here that the documentary “Perfect but Stranger” was produced by ISPR and “Making the Mark” was produced with the assistance of PTV.
Ms Nargis Hashmi directed this documentary. Lieutenant Colonel, Syed Mujtaba Tirmizi is the executive director and coordinator of these documentaries.

Sir the gun camera footage from 1965 and 1971 war.........all of it has been released or some part is still classified?

Back
Top Bottom