What's new

Military Deployment in Afghanistan is not in India’s National Interests

Iran's involvement is NOT suitable and may be not possible to some extend IF Indian Army is going to Afghanistan on demand of US/NATO.

Iran may also hestitate in protecting US war.

its funny equation of allied countries with same interests and enmities against own allies out of compulsion for own interests

Right now Iran's biggest concern is to stop the spread of anti-Shia ideology in Afghanistan, and they know helping India is not helping America.

Ok guys we are waiting for Indian troops on ground in Afghanistan.

please do send . and till then dont waste much of our time :)

We'll surely let you know when that happens - till that time....peace all around. :D

what sort of bs article is this?? india made its stand clear that its against any army deployment in afghanistan even it turned down when karzai requested for weapons.only investment india did is investing in development activities.author contradictred with his own statements when he said that india have the interest in pursuing its energy and economic needs in afghanistan and central asia he also stated that taliban rule favoured by pak wont be in the interest of india and again he says that india should not view afghanistan through pak prism..author seems to be immature i respect his views but his contradictory statements says that this is not a balanced article.pakistan is just reason india has interest in afghanistan but not the only one. and i also hated the way author dictated that "india should..."do this and that.last thing we want is to follow some looser's instructions we have better think tanks to suggest what india what to do and what not

A two front insurgency?? Pakistan is quite low on resources to maintain that - India can really tighten the screw if it wants by bringing in other players to the region - remember China and Russia thinking on the same lines - even the Iranians won't be far behind - but all this will depend on the US - nobody would want Afghanistan to become a hot spot of the cold war again.

China and Russian might now share this thinking. But given the right conditions India can create more problems for Pak without actually getting itself involved. Some if Tajik friends can be real trouble for our friendly neighbours ;)
And I don't think Pak have any tie for looking what is or will happen beyond its borders when it's internal problems are growing day by day ;)

That's what -it will go back to the earlier situation - or the US can stay neutral and watch others take its job for the present moment. Afghanistan is proving to be a headache for everyone.

US cant stay neutral when it involves Iran-Russia and China.

Plus i belive US cant act like Russians . Russians had let US play on Afghan ground knowing well that one day it will come to a complex exit .

I am not surprised you said this but its quite normal of you. Take your issue to those who wanted us. Why battle here?

:) battling? well surely i am battling for Indian troops to be sent :P

@Spring Onion : can you explain Russian interest in AF ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now Iran's biggest concern is to stop the spread of anti-Shia ideology in Afghanistan, and they know helping India is not helping America.

:what: thats like imposing shia ideology which indeed has and will have repurcusions .

But again spreading any such Iranian infulence wont be favoured by US since the pro-Iran groups are already in govt with US there it has not solved the problem

:what: thats like imposing shia ideology which indeed has and will have repurcusions .

But again spreading any such Iranian infulence wont be favoured by US since the pro-Iran groups are already in govt with US there it has not solved the problem

Right now anti-Pakistan feeling are high in Afghanistan. Forget about other players. Iran just want security of Hazaras and halt to the Arab influence.

:) battling? well surely i am battling for Indian troops to be sent :P

We are not into Deployment, only into training. It is really not a good choice to re-invent what the Americans have been doing there. Dont you think so.

We are not into Deployment, only into training. It is really not a good choice to re-invent what the Americans have been doing there. Dont you think so.

Actually thats the point why we are discussing it . The topic is calling for deployment and everyone is stating its merits and demerits.

And i personally believe everyone is doing what US is doing there if provided a chance.

so there is NO such reinvention

Right now anti-Pakistan feeling are high in Afghanistan. Forget about other players. Iran just want security of Hazaras and halt to the Arab influence.

I dont belive Iran's involvment has anything to do with secterian protection.

Its all about its interests. If the shia population there tomorrow side with Israel then Iran will be their biggest opposer.

Actually thats the point why we are discussing it . The topic is calling for deployment and everyone is stating its merits and demerits.

And i personally believe everyone is doing what US is doing there if provided a chance.

Still you and most of Pak members want IA in Afgan :rofl:

We are not as good as you when it comes to fighting somebody else war ( read it as WoT ) ;)

I dont belive Iran's involvment has anything to do with secterian protection.

Its all about its interests. If the shia population there tomorrow side with Israel then Iran will be their biggest opposer.

Explain this logic. :omghaha:

Still you and most of Pak members want IA in Afgan

We are not as good as you when it comes to fighting somebody else war ( read it as WoT ) ;)

Nobody fights anybody's war unless there is a fair share of its own interests.

Thats how the world politics work not like emotionalism .

and well if India is willing to send its troops its your right and wish we can only plan and work accordingly.

China and Russian might now share this thinking. But given the right conditions India can create more problems for Pak without actually getting itself involved. Some if Tajik friends can be real trouble for our friendly neighbours ;)
And I don't think Pak have any tie for looking what is or will happen beyond its borders when it's internal problems are growing day by day ;)

That's true - but then there willbe no protection for Indian investments and the ANA will be busy with it's war with the Taliban to ensure safety for other countries interests - though they certainly would not want any other forces in their country.

Back
Top Bottom