Militants shoot down US drone in S. Waziristan: officials

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatman17

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Geo-TV is reporting that the Taliban have shot down a US Drone!!!

Geo-TV is reporting that the Taliban have shot down a US Drone!!!

Wow, really? I'm gonna annoy my father again to get satellite TV so we can watch Pakistani channels once again aswell, it's costly but it's worth it!
I hope someone has more information on this.

Holy crap!

Now THAT's a breaking news! I hope it's not one of our own UAV used for survelliance!

I don't think it's true.Even if its true US will just send new one and i hope it's not true :(.

the US/ISAF will deny it ofcourse.

Major General Athar Abbas: We have unconfirmed reports of a U.S Drone crash near Pak-Afghan Border. Investigations are being carried out.

-Live Geo Tv-

remember this incident - it was reported in the local news but denied by US/ISAF.....

Jan 17, US Army, CH-47D
made a hard landing in eastern afghanistan, reportedly in the korengel valley, kunar province, near the pakistan border, resulting in the death of one US soldier on board, SPC Ezra Dawson from the 1st battalion, 26th infantry regiment, 3rd brigade combat team, 1st infantry division at fort hood, texas. The cause of the crash could not immediately be confirmed, but US officials said there was some small arms fire in the area at that time

remember this incident - it was reported in the local news but denied by US/ISAF.....

Jan 17, US Army, CH-47D
made a hard landing in eastern afghanistan, reportedly in the korengel valley, kunar province, near the pakistan border, resulting in the death of one US soldier on board, SPC Ezra Dawson from the 1st battalion, 26th infantry regiment, 3rd brigade combat team, 1st infantry division at fort hood, texas. The cause of the crash could not immediately be confirmed, but US officials said there was some small arms fire in the area at that time

USAF also denied this report when locals from South Waziristan claimed that Pakistan Army's border troops show down the UAV.

Pakistani Army Recovers US Drone Near Afghan Border

It isn't on the international Geo channel so Jihad I am afraid it will be useless to waste your fathers money.

Militants shoot down US drone in S. Waziristan: officials

Militants shoot down US drone in S. Waziristan: officials - GEO.tv

Updated at: 1852 PST, Saturday, March 07, 2009
MIRANSHAH: Taliban militants on Saturday shot down a pilotless US drone in tribal area bordering Afghanistan, officials said.

Residents and a local police official said two drones were flying low over a village in the South Waziristan tribal district when one of them was hit by militant fire.

"We heard the firing by Taliban and then a drone fell down," tribal police official Israr Khan told a foreign news agency.

Another security official said the drone crashed in a forest near a Pakistani border post. Pakistan's chief military spokesman said the reports of a drone crash were being investigated.

"We have come to know that something has happened there, but we do not have any confirmation," major general Athar Abbas told the news agency in Islamabad.

"We are further investigating and trying to find out."

More than two dozen suspected US drone attacks have been carried out in Pakistan since August 2008, killing more than 200 people, most of them militants.

mods pls merge this thread!

as i posted in my last of posts regurding US drones, it starts happening now!;)
i want to see , reaction from US?:lol::tup::pakistan:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom