What's new

Migrants from west Africa being ‘sold in Libyan slave markets’

vostok

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
UN migration agency says selling of people is rife in African nation that has slid into violent chaos since overthrow of Gaddafi
West African migrants are being bought and sold openly in modern-day slave markets in Libya, survivors have told a UN agency helping them return home.

Trafficked people passing through Libya have previously reported violence, extortion and slave labour. But the new testimony from the International Organization for Migration suggests that the trade in human beings has become so normalised that people are being traded in public.

“The latest reports of ‘slave markets’ for migrants can be added to a long list of outrages [in Libya],” said Mohammed Abdiker, IOM’s head of operation and emergencies. “The situation is dire. The more IOM engages inside Libya, the more we learn that it is a vale of tears for all too many migrants.”
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/10/libya-public-slave-auctions-un-migration
Tell me pls - this is democracy already or it will be even worse?

You know everyone born in 3rd world countries are born with a debt.

Don't hide from the facts

I don't hide from any Fact, i quote a line from a Man who was among the Muslims and yet in Islamic countries we have seen slaves ..

I don't hide from any Fact, i quote a line from a Man who was among the Muslims and yet in Islamic countries we have seen slaves ..

That man is not coming back and nor those Muslims.
Make do with what you got.

African devil, Qaddafi is dead. Long live holy NATO's democracy

Back
Top Bottom