What's new

Mighty Chinese show their Laser technology

AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Mighty Chinese show their Laser technology, China almost 3-4 years ago had technology to blind settelites

Reference:
Chinese Test Anti-Satellite Weapon | AVIATION WEEK

Can you imagine what china can do in 2010? :cheers:

f61f6a45640140e6ed928d957230839e.gif

Jan 17, 2007

By Craig Covault/Aviation Week & Space Technology

U. S. intelligence agencies believe China performed a successful anti-satellite (asat) weapons test at more than 500 mi. altitude Jan. 11 destroying an aging Chinese weather satellite target with a kinetic kill vehicle launched on board a ballistic missile.

The Central Intelligence Agency, the National Security Agency, the Defense Intelligence Agency, NASA and other government organizations have a full court press underway to obtain data on the alleged test, Aviation Week & Space Technology will report in its Jan. 22 issue.

If the test is verified it will signify a major new Chinese military capability.

Neither the Office of the U. S. Secretary of Defense nor Air Force Space Command would comment on the attack, which followed by several months the alleged illumination of a U. S. military spacecraft by a Chinese ground based laser.

China's growing military space capability is one major reason the Bush Administration last year formed the nation's first new National Space Policy in ten years, Aviation Week will report.

"The policy is designed to ensure that our space capabilities are protected in a time of increasing challenges and threats," says Robert G. Joseph, Under Secretary for Arms Control and International Security at the U. S. State Dept. " This is imperative because space capabilities are vital to our national security and to our economic well being," Joseph said in an address on the new space policy at the National Press Club in Washington D. C.

Details emerging from space sources indicate that the Chinese Feng Yun 1C (FY-1C) polar orbit weather satellite launched in 1999 was attacked by an asat system launched from or near the Xichang Space Center.

The attack is believe to have occurred as the weather satellite flew at 530 mi. altitude 4 deg. west of Xichang located in Sichuan province. Xichang is a major Chinese space launch center.

Although intelligence agencies must complete confirmation of the test, the attack is believed to have occurred at about 5:28 p.m. EST Jan. 11. U. S. intelligence agencies had been expecting some sort of test that day, sources said.

U. S. Air Force Defense Support Program missile warning satellites in geosynchronous orbit would have detected the Xichang launch of the asat kill vehicle and U. S. Air Force Space Command monitored the FY-1C orbit both before and after the exercise.

The test, if it occurred as envisioned by intelligence source, could also have left considerable space debris in an orbit used by many different satellites.

USAF radar reports on the Chinese FY-1C spacecraft have been posted once or twice daily for years, but those reports jumped to about 4 times per day just before the alleged test.

The USAF radar reports then ceased Jan. 11, but then appeared for a day showing "signs of orbital distress". The reports were then halted again. The Air Force radars may well be busy cataloging many pieces of debris, sources said.

Although more of a "policy weapon" at this time, the test shows that the Chinese military can threaten the imaging reconnaissance satellites operated by the U. S., Japan, Russia, Israel and Europe.

The Republic of China also operates a small imaging spacecraft that can photograph objects as small as about 10 ft. in size, a capability good enough to count cruise missiles pointed at Taiwan from the Chinese mainland. The Taiwanese in the past have also leased capability on an Israeli reconnaissance satellite.

Yes, China already have this kind of ability, but I don't think we can fix the equipment on the plane like US.

I can only imagine what the Chinese have developed in past 4 years in their laser technology ... I head Chinese also make lasers locally , industrial lasers so ist not something new to them

I would totally understand if Chinese move a Laser in space, and put it up in orbit just on Top of India for monitoring illegal immgration to China from India

Last edited:
I would totally understand if Chinese move a Laser in space, and put it up in orbit just on Top of India for monitoring illegal immgration to China from India

How will u monitor "Immigration" via Laser ?
I guess u know that Laser is NOT a Camera.

Or by any means u wanted to shoot Indians from space who cross the Border ??

BTW, Indians too have something similar in the bag, though 10 years from weaponization if it occurs.

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&so...oInDAg&usg=AFQjCNHtHMq4hfOKco05Bf8GvRh82tdByg

Just a bit off topic...
Why do pakistani guys always wasnt to talk abt the chinese?
How many times do U hear us i ndians talking abt "ooo russians , o israelis" going to the point of bashing other individuals country over china or russia o israel???
coz U cant do anything?
I know we cant even make a proper gun yaar but we try , call it JD or just investing money... but WE do it...
Man U seriously have to get out of ur la-la land... the sooner the better.
I wud be happy to read pakistan making any of these lasers....
Dont U thnk its a bit OTT ?

Laser is one of the tech areas we are closer to the level of US. It's all about miniturization.

Yes, my university professor of physics jointed this research many years ago and he also told us China has same level tech with US but it is land-based.:china:

Well I don't know but I am sure that china will be putting the laser guidance on their MBT , and they already mastered destroying communication settelites -

Few years from now China will be making Boeing Calibre , platforms for Laser Mounting hmmm now that could be interesting predicament

We never know may be Chinese Settelites have Laseers targeted on Indian Missile Launch Sites :L

Last edited:
Our tech is far inferior to US' or Russian

But for self defence, it is sufficient!

I really admire your realistic attitude bro!

God willing we together with putting our little efforts in place will make something impressive .

We are First friends and then Allies Remember;):pakistan::china:

Just a bit off topic...
How many times do U hear us i ndians talking abt "ooo russians , o israelis" going to the point of bashing other individuals country over china or russia o israel???
coz U cant do anything?
I know we cant even make a proper gun yaar but we try , call it JD or just investing money... but WE do it...

Oooohh Russia, we love you, give us more FGFA tech, Su-35's and MKI's.

Oooohhhhh Israel, you're India's closest partner now, we adore you. Please jointly develop radar tech with us.

Please don't act like you haven't said this before, countless times.

Unconfirmed reports say that they are incorporating this into a Y-20 variant.

the french and the US are ahead of everyone else in solid state laser tech..

sglmj.jpg

sglmj2.jpg

Chinese don't really need to use money on this subject. Just pay some guy and steal the whole thing. Or buy the company that make these things.
China give US company a loan,they do the stady, chinese steal the result, and US company pays the bill. Viva Captalism! :D

Just a bit off topic...
coz U cant do anything?

Whatever good for China is also good for Pakistan.
Pakistan and China are allies.
Are you jealous of Pakistan ???

Back
Top Bottom