What's new

Mighty Chinese show their Laser technology

Unconfirmed reports say that they are incorporating this into a Y-20 variant.

Let Y-20 come out of the factory first.

First China has to do many tests on these laser technologies before it is incorporated into. Its a long way atleast a decade to perfection. But yets its a critical area where China has positively invested in time.

Unconfirmed reports say that they are incorporating this into a Y-20 variant.

Let Y-20 come out of the factory first.

First China has to do many tests on these laser technologies before it is incorporated into. Its a long way atleast a decade to perfection. But yets its a critical area where China has positively invested in time.

Well, I'm guessing these technologies are either under testing as of now or is being improved to acceptable standard.

The US did complain about Chinese lasers blinding their satellites.

Well, I'm guessing these technologies are either under testing as of now or is being improved to acceptable standard.

The US did complain about Chinese lasers blinding their satellites
And here WILL the fates of Chinese satellites if China want to step into that fight...

Optics.org - Northrop's 100kW laser weapon runs for six hours
Northrop Grumman’s Joint High Power Solid-State Laser (JHPSSL), a 100 kW system being developed for US military use, has now operated above the rated power level for six hours, claims the company.

The system, designed to be a far more convenient form of laser weapon than chemical laser alternatives that can deliver huge amounts of power but which are not suited to the logistics of the battlefield, is being refined in advance of a move from NG’s factory in Redondo Beach to the US Army’s White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico.
My sources tell me that no Photochop was used in the development of this powerful laser...:D

The problem with lasers in space is the military aspect of it. If one country gets lasers, they could have a significant advantage over another country. That's why US and China will be closely monitoring each other.

And here WILL the fates of Chinese satellites if China want to step into that fight...

Optics.org - Northrop's 100kW laser weapon runs for six hours

My sources tell me that no Photochop was used in the development of this powerful laser...:D

Alright, if the US wants to go for an all-satellite war, then be it.

We have satellite killers. You have satellite killers.

We have laser blinders. You have laser blinders.

It's not the 1960s or 1970s when the US had a complete technological over China anymore.

So, if the US wants war, we will see what "Photochop" has made.

And here's another bit of "Photochop" news for you:
2007 Chinese anti-satellite missile test - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alright, if the US wants to go for an all-satellite war, then be it.

We have satellite killers. You have satellite killers.

We have laser blinders. You have laser blinders.

It's not the 1960s or 1970s when the US had a complete technological over China anymore.

So, if the US wants war, we will see what "Photochop" has made.

And here's another bit of "Photochop" news for you:
2007 Chinese anti-satellite missile test - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The US is still far ahead of China in this arena. That test came after several failures and has China conducted any more since then? The issue with kinetic kill anti-satellite weaponry testing is the lack of testing conditions and that include available targets. Each side had to wait for a failed satellite before they could conduct one test and sorry to disappoint you but one test does not make an operational weapon system when said weapon system is a kinetic kill one. That leave laser as the best method to disable a satellite. Disable, not destroy. Once a satellite is disabled, short of a hands-on repair mission, the satellite is no longer any use and China does not have THAT necessary experience.

But here is something else the US can resurrect...

ASM-135 ASAT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
On 13 September 1985, Maj. Wilbert D. "Doug" Pearson, flying the "Celestial Eagle" F-15A 76-0084 launched an ASM-135 ASAT about 200 miles (322 km) west of Vandenberg Air Force Base and destroyed the Solwind P78-1 satellite flying at an altitude of 345 miles (555 km). Prior to the launch the F-15 flying at Mach 1.22 executed a 3.8g zoom climb at an angle of 65 degrees. The ASM-134 ASAT was automatically launched at 38,100 ft while the F-15 was flying at Mach .934.[7] The 30 lb (13.6 kg) MHV collided with the 2,000 lb (907 kg) Solwind P78-1 satellite at closing velocity of 15,000 mph (24,140 km/h).
The program was canceled for budgetary, not technical, reasons. But the foundation for this highly mobile and discretionary ASAT system is already established. Assuming the program is resurrected, the USAF can deploy an ASAT squadron to any land base while the USN's SM-3 system roam the seas. No satellite will be safe.

Just a bit off topic...
Why do pakistani guys always wasnt to talk abt the chinese?
How many times do U hear us i ndians talking abt "ooo russians , o israelis" going to the point of bashing other individuals country over china or russia o israel???
coz U cant do anything?
I know we cant even make a proper gun yaar but we try , call it JD or just investing money... but WE do it...
Man U seriously have to get out of ur la-la land... the sooner the better.
I wud be happy to read pakistan making any of these lasers....
Dont U thnk its a bit OTT ?

Simple, because we are brothers.:pakistan::china:

The US is still far ahead of China in this arena. That test came after several failures and has China conducted any more since then? The issue with kinetic kill anti-satellite weaponry testing is the lack of testing conditions and that include available targets. Each side had to wait for a failed satellite before they could conduct one test and sorry to disappoint you but one test does not make an operational weapon system when said weapon system is a kinetic kill one. That leave laser as the best method to disable a satellite. Disable, not destroy. Once a satellite is disabled, short of a hands-on repair mission, the satellite is no longer any use and China does not have THAT necessary experience.

Yes, I'm sure you know ALL about the US capabilities and ALL about China's capabilities, right? :disagree:

From what we know, China has the ability to shoot down both satellites AND high-altitude ballistic missiles (China and US are only countries capable of shooting-down ballistic missiles in mid stage). China also has a substantial amount of various laser weapons (as the US mentioned in many reports). So it seems to me that the "far ahead" you are talking about isn't so "far ahead" after all.

"China does not have that necessary experience"
Please read this article:
Beijing secretly fires lasers to disable US satellites - Telegraph

But here is something else the US can resurrect...

ASM-135 ASAT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The program was canceled for budgetary, not technical, reasons. But the foundation for this highly mobile and discretionary ASAT system is already established. Assuming the program is resurrected, the USAF can deploy an ASAT squadron to any land base while the USN's SM-3 system roam the seas. No satellite will be safe.

I have no doubt that the US has anti-satellite systems deployed. They have a lot of missiles capable of destroying satellites. But China has them too. So the US will have to think twice about talking of war. Mutually Assured Destruction.

Actually, Chinese ballistic missile defense technology is roughly on par with the US. China demonstrated satellite interception in 2007. Demonstrated MRBM interception in 2010. China should have a basic multi-layer ballistic missile defense system in place by 2013. India's nuclear missiles will become totally ineffective by 2013. Even by then, I doubt the Agni-II can be made to work properly.

Back
Top Bottom