What's new

Mig29K crashed

Terrible, retire and replace it with Rafale Ms already.

--------------

what's going on with this ?

I know some NAVY folk but know better than to ask them, unfortunately. :|
Who's gonna pay? The vessel board and search teams of Indian Navy still use Sterlings.
bc.. just looked that up.

Terrible, retire and replace it with Rafale Ms already.
Retire them? When these aircraft are brand spankin new? The last aircraft was delivered in 2017. I think the question you should be asking is why IN has trouble maintaining them? We know the IAF operates aircraft that are twice as old without any problem (for the most part).

Now I know carrier operation is more taxing on the aircraft and require way more maintenance, but some of these aircraft are 5 to 10 years old!
Why were these even purchased in the first place if they were to be retired so soon!

Glad the pilots safe. What was the cause of the crash?

Is it pilot training and or the issue with the Migs? If issue is the training than switching to Rafael will not help.

Retire them? When these aircraft are brand spankin new? The last aircraft was delivered in 2017. I think the question you should be asking is why IN has trouble maintaining them? We know the IAF operates aircraft that are twice as old without any problem (for the most part).

Now I know carrier operation is more taxing on the aircraft and require way more maintenance, but some of these aircraft are 5 to 10 years old!
Why were these even purchased in the first place if they were to be retired so soon!
Surprisingly, unless I've missed new of. The Mig 29UPGs (with that ugly hump) for the AF.. that fleet is ok.. these Ks are proving to be a nuisance and liability.

Itnay bhi incompetent nahi hai that they can't maintain airworthiness.. that bird probably has some problems. Can't say, as a civvie, all the info we get is mainstream public domain but its become a bit too regular.. wtf. Air force has their own issues with the Mig 21.. those will be around for a few years yet too.

Last edited:

Not retire but its better to transfer them to IAF and look for proven naval fighters elsewhere. Mig-29s definitely cannot take the rigor of AC operations.

We can repair almost everything, but the FADEC system. I am ready to bet some money on it being the reason once again.

Don't worry, super delusion indian will still brag about their decades of carrier experience better than PLAN despite we already operate full capacity and clock far more sorties than Indian navy been doing for past 10 years.

Its the man not the machine.
man/men are alive, machine dead.. make for an exotic swim if in coral dive-able depth is where it fell.

1665581433641.png

Back
Top Bottom