What's new

Mig29K crashed

This is an exceptionally good aircraft to be used in Himalayas because of high T/W ratio. No other plane in Indian inventory handles as good as Rafale and Mig 29. However, the russian planes have less reliability. Indigenous planes is the only solution. I am eagerly awaiting for MWF. It will be a grand pa of all planes of its category. If it is fitted with India's proposed 75/125 kn engine with TVC, it will outclass and out maneuver everything.

Mig29 K fleet at least won't need to be retired. At this rate, I wonder the fleet will complete even it's half life.
So how many of these lemons left in navy??? I guess 30.... you are absolutely right we don't need to retire them they will take their exit bravely by crashing......

still that chaiwala monkey Modi is in no hurry to procure something better...... and singing make in India like an idiot..... he will learn his lessons when Pakistan devastate us with F16 and latest J10, VT4s...... or China will take us out for a breakfast with everything they have...... and after that he will forget make in India and start begging everywhere for weapons by paying double triple costs.......

Firstly either indigenous or procurement we are capable of putting even a snail to a shame forget tortoise..... and then once war like situation comes we start crying like a beggars.....

Hardly any good news I'm hearing on Indian military these days, one day mig crashes and other day T90 barrel gets destroyed because of whatever reason...... pathetic.....

For vikrant I think if we are unable to procure new jets lets approach Iran and equip her with Shahed UCAVs..... it will be cheaper option and this is what an India Air craft carrier deserves to be equipped with drones than jets under Indian defense Ministry.... for Shahed or drones too they will open global tender including make in India UCAV in competition then 10 years will be wasted in testing and trials and then random 4 to 5 years for signing a deal.....

For vikrant I think if we are unable to procure new jets lets approach Iran and equip her with Shahed UCAVs.....
lol, no, that's not going to be happening for about a million reasons.

I share your frustration on other matters but..

Those making disparaging comments on the K vs the UPG are reminded the UPG operates in fairly dry conditions with most gentle landings that place fairly little stress on the airframe.

The poor K has to operate in the corrosive salty( and toxic thanks to desi pollution) waters and are routinely slammed into a steel plate that puts massive stress on airframe and components,

This is an exceptionally good aircraft to be used in Himalayas because of high T/W ratio. No other plane in Indian inventory handles as good as Rafale and Mig 29. However, the russian planes have less reliability. Indigenous planes is the only solution. I am eagerly awaiting for MWF. It will be a grand pa of all planes of its category. If it is fitted with India's proposed 75/125 kn engine with TVC, it will outclass and out maneuver everything.

Why do you think indigenous Indian planes would be more reliable than the Russians?

Last time you tried to put an Indian engine a.k.a Kaveri it delayed the jet ten years.

As for manufacturing quality - read your own CAG reports for that. The Tejas assembly team was delivered defective parts from local subcontractors and I’ll quote a senior member here “Mud in pipes” while the MKi would have its screens all shut off mid flight with pilots wondering what the hell happened,

Those making disparaging comments on the K vs the UPG are reminded the UPG operates in fairly dry conditions with most gentle landings that place fairly little stress on the airframe.

The poor K has to operate in the corrosive salty( and toxic thanks to desi pollution) waters and are routinely slammed into a steel plate that puts massive stress on airframe and components,
It's the latter factor (hard landings) that are giving the poor IN maintenance crews a headache. The Mig-29k was simply not ruggedized enough to handle repeated carrier landings.

Last time you tried to put an Indian engine a.k.a Kaveri it delayed the jet ten years.
In reptrospect, in was inadvisable to attempt to build everything (Airframe, engine, avionics) from scratch in a country that had no aerospace experience or ecosystem since designing 2nd generation fighters (Marut). They should have been separate projects from the beginning.

However, the good news is that late as it is, the Tejas program has created an admirable ecosystem for all aspects of aircraft designing and manufacturing, barring desi engines.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom