ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
10 February 2014, 13:43

MiG aims to double aircraft production by 2017
9RIAN_01211518.LR.ru.jpg

Photo: RIA Novosti

Russian Aircraft Corporation MiG (RAC MiG) plans to double aircraft production by 2017, deputy CEO for economics and finance Sergei Mamayev told Interfax. "Today we produce from scratch and sell about 16 planes per year.

Our objective is to reach 24 [aircraft] by 2015 and 30 planes by 2017. This is all that the market can currently use," Mamayev said. He said RAC MiG's sales totalled about 30 billion rubles in 2013 (not including sales of Nizhny Novgorod Aircraft Plant Sokol (MOEX: NASO)), and are targeted to grow to about 37 billion rubles this year and 40 billion rubles in 2015.

"We plan to achieve sales of about 42 billion rubles by 2017," Mamayev said. RAC MiG, which is part of Russia's United Aircraft Corporation (UAC), makes jet fighters, multirole combat aircraft, including the new MiG-29K/KUB, MiG-29M/M2 and latest MiG-35 jets, training aircraft and general purpose light aircraft.

Voice of Russia, Interfax

Arent these the same fighter aircrafts which were grounded following detection of defects in them by Russian airforce few years back? Corrosion on some parts was the issue then I guess.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Arent these the same fighter aircrafts which were grounded following detection of defects in them by Russian airforce few years back? Corrosion on some parts was the issue then I guess.
Correct me if I am wrong.

I think Mig is going to fulfill production for russian air force some new migs and many parts replacement/components for older mig-29 fulcrums. Other than that Indian order is on the line active, other countries interested in mig-29s are serbian air force ome 6-12 aircrafts.
The Aviationist » Serbian Air Force to buy “stealthy” MiG-29 Fulcrums

Other countires egpyt and Iraqi air force are offered mig-29 but they did not submit any reply if they really are interested to go for it. Slovakian and Belarus mig-29s are being upgraded with the help of russia...

So I think its more like more upgrades than more production of complete airframes rather more spare parts/components and the order fulfilled for russians and indians.

Back
Top Bottom