What's new

MiG 35 : Not be underestimated

Well since most russian fighters are huge with nice big engines that leave alot of RCS for the enemy to see. But other then that, mounveribilty and payload of russian fighters is always impressive.

There is so much wrong informations in this forum and also in IDF sometimes, why dont you Neo invite some better guys from sinodefence/WAB/Keypub to increase the quality of discussion?

Thunder > Your wrong Mig 35 RCS is much much lower.
Cobra means **** in todays world of BVR, except some conditions.

Asim Aqil >surely but i dont see any reason China will go for Mig 35 AS then forget Israeli stuffs, the AESA is most important.

Vnomad> your nuts lol, why the hell will we use RD33K engines here? we are already moving ahead with GE404 which is used in Gripen and SR71 - Blackbird, not only the engine has less smoke it has better MTBF as usual american/british/european engines do.
GE404 will give LCA a perfectly matched performance vis-a-vis Gripen provided there is AESA else it will LOSE.

I think since the IAF is now paying attention to the Stealth factor, there would be anti-radar coating on the planes like the F-18E/F to reduce the RCS. Its a very significant possibility. plus the MiG 35 already has a very low RCS.

About the radar avionics, again IMO its pretty sure they will fit in the Israeli Elta 2052 AESA radar. It can track a beastly 64 targets in the air simultaneously. Its one of the best.

I disagree with you blain. TVC is very very useful, which is why all the new generation planes are trying to get TVC in them, inlcluding the Super J-10.
3-D TVC is very useful to dodge missiles. The main purpose of TVC is that the plane does not lose energy while turning. TVC gives the plane Super-Manouverability. The Su-30MKI, despite being big is ssuperbly manouvereable, just because of its 2-D TVC. MiG 35 would be able to twist an turn with a very very low loss or speed, that is why TVC is considered so good. It gives an exceptional advantage in dog fights, and in evasive manouvers against missiles, etc. I quote the capability of the 2-D TVC in the Su-30MKI:

Thrust Vectoring Control: The 2D TVC makes an aircraft highly maneuverable. The aircraft is capable of near-zero airspeed at high angles of attack and dynamic aerobatics in negative speeds up to 200 km/h.

Aerodynamics
* The integral aerodynamic configuration combined with thrust vectoring results in practically unlimited manoeuvrability and unique taking off and landing characteristics.

* The Su-30MKI has no level winged AoA limitations: it can fly at even 180 degree AoA and still recover. This high super-agility allows rapid deployment of weapons in any direction as desired by the crew.

* The canard notably assists in controlling the aircraft at large angles of attack (AoA) and bringing it to a level flight condition. The wing will have high-lift devices featured as deflecting leading edges and flaperons acting the flaps and ailerons.

It also gives the plane the ability to turn rapidly and re-enter combat in a favourable position or inclination so as to launch missiles. As is quoted above. a WVR fight with a TVC plane would be very much a mistake unless the opposing a/c has an advantage wrt its positioning. Ofcourse, this does not apply to a BVR fight, where things are heading nowadays. Still, without losing energy dodging, gives it an advantage to dodge missiles.

Again it is my opinion that if the IAF goes the whole hog, then MiG 35 would be fitted with the Python 5 WVR missiles from Israel along with the Elta radar.
The rest of the avionics would be from France, etc. The EW would be again from Israel, the one India developed with Israel for its future JSF planes, called Mayawi.

To Asim, it is ALMOST certain that the MiG 35 will be bought, Along with the F/A-18E/F. If we do put ELTA on the MiG 35 it will be a far far superior plane to the F/A-18 in almost all respects, exceptions being the A2G mode. The F/A-18 brings with it not only a sure AESA, but access to US's armaments like JDAM, JSOW, AIM 120 D, among others. The F/A-18E/F will be for the Navy, the IAF will use the MiG 35, so both AF and Navy have very potent platforms.

What is in contention is whether the IAF will MKI'ze it or buy it directly. Ofcourse we will buy it with complete ToT, so maybe HAL can MKI'ze it on its own at later stages, after initially buying the regular one from Russia. Nothing is sure on that account. But i do hope that they re-develop the plane.

Joey, do you think that India will MKI'ze MiG 35?? or will they buy it off the shelf for now??

If India buys Mig 35 HELL YES MKI'ZED.Do you even know we changed the DSP in N001M Bars Radar to our own processor which increased the Azimuth somehow.

Plus India I think should go for Mig 35....its cheaper than any other.
If i was in MRCA tender I'd go blindly with Rafale+Mig 35.

If India buys Mig 35 HELL YES MKI'ZED.Do you even know we changed the DSP in N001M Bars Radar to our own processor which increased the Azimuth somehow.

Dude, im not talking whether you want it to be MKI'zed or not. Im saying keeping in mind, the budget, keeping in mind the fact that the AF wanted these planes yesterday, would the AF consent to re-develop the plane, considering how much time it will take! and how much later the deliveries would begin!

They could alternatively buy the planes now, use it, and re-develop it later with HAL as ofcourse we have the ToT. So redeveloping at later stages would make more sense to the IAF. Ofcourse i want them to MKi'ze it now, but the question is would it make sense to IAF?

NOW what do you think? LOL

EDIT: Btw good new about the processor in the radar of the MKI, now also tell me what is Azimuth?

Dude sukhoi hate to tell you but your talking like a noob.
IAF wont go for planes without being MKI'zed.PERIOD.like it or not.
budget bla bla wtf? are we going to war tomorrow?
whats use of having PESA radar?
russian avionics?
Hpw can we fit python 5, Astra. r77 all kind of $hits without being MKI'zed?

for the meaning of MKI who dont know, Made Kommensaurate "export" Indie.

Joey, do you think that India will MKI'ze MiG 35?? or will they buy it off the shelf for now??
Buying the Mig-35 without modifying it with western avionics can be the worst mistake the IAF can make. Super-manoevrability is good, but of no use if the aircraft lacks good avionics.The Mig-35 in its current form with Russian avionics(which are usually crappy except a few types of radars) wud be of no use against an AMRAAM or MICA equipped western jet.

If they fit it with the Elta-2052,french cockpit avionics,indian/israeli RWR and ECMs and datalink it will be a BEAST with a capital B. But it will also increase the cost considerably.

That information is not so classified but you'll have a good idea :)

Man IAF would do all that once the government ditches the Americans.

I think the government wants the US, but the Russian Lobby in the IAF want Mig-35. And perhaps even good common sense too.

If it goes upto the next elections and BJP comes to power, then almost certainly you guys are getting F-18s.

Man IAF would do all that once the government ditches the Americans.

I think the government wants the US, but the Russian Lobby in the IAF want Mig-35. And perhaps even good common sense too.

If it goes upto the next elections and BJP comes to power, then almost certainly you guys are getting F-18s.
There is very little chance of the BJP coming to power. And why do u think they will prefer the US more than current govt.?

They were the ones who pretty much started the trend. They were ready to commit forces to Iraq for America

They werent "ready" IMO.After the US suggested it, the issue was discussed in the parliament and rejected.

Back
Top Bottom