What's new

MiG-21 to fly for some more time

How many more IAF pilots will have to pay with their lives due to utter incompetence of HAL. This piece of junk should be decommisioned ASAP. It's not like we are going to war soon. Mig-21 was a fine aircraft of it's day but it is time to bid adieu.

If you have nothing worthwhile to post why bother? increasing your post count?
just because you dont agree what he is saying does not make him a liar. political parties and some ex-serviceman and a few inservice person are pro-import. Thats a fact. learn to digest it.

just because you dont agree what he is saying does not make him a liar. political parties and some ex-serviceman and a few inservice person are pro-import. Thats a fact. learn to digest it.

Are they planing to import a mig 21 replacement? NO
think then talk .

Are they planing to import a mig 21 replacement? NO
think then talk .
i just wanted to say that its because of those pro-import persons indian defence is in doldrums. everyone concerned is trying to fill their coffers. just one defence minister was good i think was george fernandez. he vetoed some DOD official who were blocking some equipment for siachen.

I think we all now are confirmed that LCA will face more delays so I think that Grippen will be the best options as Mirage-2000 from France or any other country would be expensive.... But it might there option for MiG-21s....

MMRCA will replace MiG-27/23s...

If the IAF is so adamant about maintaining squadron strengths with Mig-21s while willing to risk the lives of pilots (even if only senior experienced officers are flying them) they might as well start sourcing new F-7s from China. This is pathetic IMO, the MOD needs to give the chiefs of all wings of the armed forces an increased discretionary spending limit (monitored ofcourse) to make emergency purchases. Bottom line, if you're lamenting about decreased squadron strengths and pilot deaths, do something about it rather than give our neighbors something else to hoot about...

If the IAF is so adamant about maintaining squadron strengths with Mig-21s while willing to risk the lives of pilots (even if only senior experienced officers are flying them) they might as well start sourcing new F-7s from China. This is pathetic IMO, the MOD needs to give the chiefs of all wings of the armed forces an increased discretionary spending limit (monitored ofcourse) to make emergency purchases. Bottom line, if you're lamenting about decreased squadron strengths and pilot deaths, do something about it rather than give our neighbors something else to hoot about...

The IAF has not much say into the matter they can only put forward the proposal to buy the aircraft the rest of the duty falls on the MoD and the government since its the government that does the negotiation and the payment for the aircraft. And even if in some miracle they sign a deal today it would take us almost a year or two to even get the aircraft from the foreign vendors.

The IAF has not much say into the matter they can only put forward the proposal to buy the aircraft the rest of the duty falls on the MoD and the government since its the government that does the negotiation and the payment for the aircraft. And even if in some miracle they sign a deal today it would take us almost a year or two to even get the aircraft from the foreign vendors.

I understand that it is a symbiotic cyclic problem....
The government wants/needs to retain the decision making ability while being really slow when it comes to actually making them
while the armed forces may/can source needed equipment quickly but possibilities of kick-backs and intra service corruption exist...

i just wanted to say that its because of those pro-import persons indian defence is in doldrums. everyone concerned is trying to fill their coffers. just one defence minister was good i think was george fernandez. he vetoed some DOD official who were blocking some equipment for siachen.

Yeah you are right , he also tried to make money from importing coffins for the states while our soldiers were dying in kargil. :rolleyes:
the forces go for importing weapon platforms because the drdo has in many cases failed to deliver or in some case just not have the tech to do so.

Yeah you are right , he also tried to make money from importing coffins for the states while our soldiers were dying in kargil. :rolleyes:
the forces go for importing weapon platforms because the drdo has in many cases failed to deliver or in some case just not have the tech to do so.

i know you being a supporter of a dynastic party would not consider George being honest. do you really think a minister would do corruption for a few hundred coffins. its definitely DOD official. He didn't has a watchman on his bungalow while he was a minister. I can testify that he was one of the better minister India has ever had.
and here you go http://ibnlive.in.com/news/fernandes-gets-clean-chit-in-kargil-coffin-scam/99725-3.html fernandez given clean chit over coffin scam

Yep, keep on delaying.

The truth is that the only place Mig-21 belongs to is a Museum. God knows the reason of the delay, it seems national security no ones concern.

Do not jump to conclusions....and stick to the topic. Blame game can be continued for ages, rise up from party politics and think of the country first. That is what's needed and expected from new gen Indians.

The truth is that the only place Mig-21 belongs to is a Museum. God knows the reason of the delay, it seems national security no ones concern.

Do not jump to conclusions....and stick to the topic. Blame game can be continued for ages, rise up from party politics and think of the country first. That is what's needed and expected from new gen Indians.

genius read the last two lines of what i wrote . it was on topic.

i know you being a supporter of a dynastic party would not consider George being honest. do you really think a minister would do corruption for a few hundred coffins. its definitely DOD official. He didn't has a watchman on his bungalow while he was a minister. I can testify that he was one of the better minister India has ever had.
and here you go CBI gives Fernandes clean chit in coffin scam fernandez given clean chit over coffin scam

what may i ask do you do to state with such assertion that he was innocent? are you a part of the team who investigated?

as for defense ministers , take a look at the amount of deals and improvements we have had in the past 9 yrs then talk . this website deals more with Indian defense than most Indian websites do , and all you see almost ever week are some new equipment added to our forces.

I think while our adversaries both stil have f7 q5 and mirages figés iaf flying mig21 for six mores is feasible...but not really idéal

Back
Top Bottom