What's new

MiG-21 fighter jet crashes in eastern India

flanker143

Reaction score
A MiG-21 fighter jet of the Indian Air Force (IAF) crashed in the eastern Indian state of Assam, local media reported.
The pilot lost control and the aircraft fell on a paddy field some 25 km from the city of Tezpur on Saturday.
The fate of the pilot is unknown.
India's fighter fleet consists mainly of obsolete Soviet MiG-21 models. The Defense Ministry plans to phase them out by 2017.
Accidents involving Soviet-designed MiG-21 fighter jets, known as the Bahadhur (Brave) in the IAF, which were produced in India under license and have been in operation for several decades, are frequent in the country.

MOSCOW, August 8 (RIA Novosti)

A MiG-21 fighter jet of the Indian Air Force (IAF) crashed in the eastern Indian state of Assam, local media reported.
The pilot lost control and the aircraft fell on a paddy field some 25 km from the city of Tezpur on Saturday.
The fate of the pilot is unknown.
India's fighter fleet consists mainly of obsolete Soviet MiG-21 models. The Defense Ministry plans to phase them out by 2017.
Accidents involving Soviet-designed MiG-21 fighter jets, known as the Bahadhur (Brave) in the IAF, which were produced in India under license and have been in operation for several decades, are frequent in the country.

MOSCOW, August 8 (RIA Novosti)

how is this possible - SAR teams are supposed to reach the crash site very quickly?
anyway hope he has survived!

Only MiG-21 Bahadurs.. I think Bisons don't have this issue.. I can be wrong

We can only wait until the investigation is complete.

MIG 21 is perhaps the most horrible plane ever in this regard of safety and flight reliability!

They says MIG 21 are supposed to be serving until 2020.........they better make up their mind, cuz the first MMRCA ain't coming anytime soon......

MIG 21 is perhaps the most horrible plane ever in this regard of safety and flight reliability!

They says MIG 21 are supposed to be serving until 2020.........they better make up their mind, cuz the first MMRCA ain't coming anytime soon......

Thanks for Inform us ...and we dnt need soon cause our su30 are more than capable of your fighters

The Indian Migs dude...THe indian Migs....

Russian Migs have much better record when it comes to attrition.

Thanks to ptlmd for telling me.....All that time i was thinking its the Mig 21 which have problem....But no Its not the mig its the maintenance.

Thanks for Inform us ...and we dnt need soon cause our su30 are more than capable of your fighters
Chill.....

you require MRCA soon regardless of how good SU 30 is.....SU 30 have its own pilots...Getting MRCA soon will give IAF replace Migs which are crashing every other month.......

The Indian Migs dude...THe indian Migs....

Russian Migs have much better record when it comes to attrition.

Thanks to ptlmd for telling me.....All that time i was thinking its the Mig 21 which have problem....But no Its not the mig its the maintenance.

And how many mig 21s is Russia operating?!!

Back
Top Bottom