What's new

MiG-21 crashes near Gwalior, both pilots safe

Imran Khan

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
MiG-21 crashes near Gwalior, both pilots safe
The aircraft was on a routine training mission from Gwalior Airbase when it crashed near the airfield at around 10 AM.
ET Online|
Updated: Sep 25, 2019, 12.30 PM IST
Gwalior. According to sources both pilots ejected safely.

The MiG-21 was a trainer aircraft of the Indian Air Force and the pilots included a Group Captain and a Squadron Leader.

The aircraft was on a routine training mission from Gwalior Airbase when it crashed near the airfield at around 10 AM.

The trainer jet crashed in Choudhary-ka-Pura in Madhya Pradesh's Bhind district, police from the area said.

"The two pilots ejected safely according to the information passed to us from the village head from the spot, some 60 km from the district headquarters," Bhind Superintendent of Police Rudolf Alvares told PTI.

“We informed the IAF officials in Gwalior about the incident,” the SP added.

A Court of Inquiry will ascertain the cause of the accident.

The Indian Air Force lost 27 aircraft, including 15 fighter jets and helicopters, in crashes since 2016, Minister of State for Defence Shripad Naik had said in June 2019. The figure included the downed MiG-21 of Commander Abhinandan Varthaman during a dog-fight with Pakistan Air Force planes on February 27.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ior-both-pilots-safe/articleshow/71288178.cms

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard these planes are know as flying Coffins.... Why IA still uses such vintage planes..they should be in Museum by now.

I wonder if this is due to lack of their flying skills or inability to properly maintain these birds.

hameesha keecher main girty hain

70913324_2182636345362785_804868062292475904_n.jpg

Why PakistanI f7pg don't crash?
I think both are almost same but indian might be crash the whole voluntary rather then grounding them

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom