What's new

Michael Flynn, Iranophobe, Resigns as US National Security Adviser!

AmirPatriot

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
US National Security Adviser Flynn resigns over Russia contacts

8fdae6d8-8907-41bc-abd1-41f978856320.jpg

US President Donald Trump’s national security adviser, Michael Flynn, has resigned over allegations that he had contacts with Russia.

The White House confirmed Flynn's resignation on Monday night. Keith Kellogg, a retired US Army general, has been named as Flynn’s interim replacement.

In his resignation letter, Flynn said he had given incomplete information to Vice President Mike Pence, who went on live TV and denied the allegations against the retired US Army general.

"I inadvertently briefed the Vice President-elect and others with incomplete information regarding my phone calls with the Russian ambassador. I have sincerely apologized to the President and the Vice President, and they have accepted my apology," Flynn wrote.

"I am tendering my resignation, honored to have served our nation and the American people in such a distinguished way," he wrote. "I know with the strong leadership of President Donald J. Trump and Vice President Mike Pence and the superb team they are assembling, this team will go down in history as one of the greatest presidencies in US history."

Flynn's resignation came just hours after reports surfaced that the Justice Department warned President Trump last month that Flynn lied regarding his communications with the Russian ambassador to the US and was potentially vulnerable to blackmail by Moscow.

The conversation, which took place well before Trump’s inauguration, centered around lifting then-President Barack Obama’s sanctions against Russia.

Any discussion of sanctions at that time would have amounted to a breach of law against private citizens engaging in foreign policy.

White House spokesman Sean Spicer said hours before Flynn’s resignation that Trump was “evaluating” the situation and had talked to Pence and “various other people” about the issue.

The news came days after the White House launched an investigation into the matter.

‘Flynn is an open Islamophobe’

US President Donald Trump (right) and his national security adviser, Michael Flynn, arrive at MacDill Air Force Base on February 6, 2017 in Tampa, Florida. (Photo by FP)
Flynn said in August that “Islamism” was a “vicious cancer” in body of all Muslims and had “to be excised.”

"We are facing another 'ism,' just like we faced Nazism, and fascism, and imperialism and communism; this is Islamism, it is a vicious cancer inside the body of 1.7 billion people on this planet and it has to be excised," he said during a speech to the Ahavath Torah Congregation in Stoughton, Massachusetts.

According to Scottish writer and journalist John Wight, “Flynn is an open Islamophobe.”

He told Press TV on Monday that “Flynn seems to carry a particular hatred of Iran. He has talked in the past of the need for 'regime change’ in Iran, and he has described Islam as ‘a malignant cancer.’ That’s a direct quote. He has also described it as a 'sick religion' that requires healing.”

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2017/02/14/510446/US-Flynn-Trump

This is excellent news because Flynn was influential and very anti-Iran. I am happy now, but we should wait to see his replacement as well.

@Arminkh @raptor22 @Serpentine @haman10 @Madali

US President Donald Trump’s national security adviser, Michael Flynn, has resigned over allegations that he had contacts with Russia.

The White House confirmed Flynn's resignation on Monday night. Keith Kellogg, a retired US Army general, has been named as Flynn’s interim replacement.

In his resignation letter, Flynn said he had given incomplete information to Vice President Mike Pence, who went on live TV and denied the allegations against the retired US Army general.

"I inadvertently briefed the Vice President-elect and others with incomplete information regarding my phone calls with the Russian ambassador. I have sincerely apologized to the President and the Vice President, and they have accepted my apology," Flynn wrote.

"I am tendering my resignation, honored to have served our nation and the American people in such a distinguished way," he wrote. "I know with the strong leadership of President Donald J. Trump and Vice President Mike Pence and the superb team they are assembling, this team will go down in history as one of the greatest presidencies in US history."

Flynn's resignation came just hours after reports surfaced that the Justice Department warned President Trump last month that Flynn lied regarding his communications with the Russian ambassador to the US and was potentially vulnerable to blackmail by Moscow.

The conversation, which took place well before Trump’s inauguration, centered around lifting then-President Barack Obama’s sanctions against Russia.

Any discussion of sanctions at that time would have amounted to a breach of law against private citizens engaging in foreign policy.

White House spokesman Sean Spicer said hours before Flynn’s resignation that Trump was “evaluating” the situation and had talked to Pence and “various other people” about the issue.

The news came days after the White House launched an investigation into the matter.

US President Donald Trump (right) and his national security adviser, Michael Flynn, arrive at MacDill Air Force Base on February 6, 2017 in Tampa, Florida. (Photo by FP)
Flynn said in August that “Islamism” was a “vicious cancer” in body of all Muslims and had “to be excised.”

"We are facing another 'ism,' just like we faced Nazism, and fascism, and imperialism and communism; this is Islamism, it is a vicious cancer inside the body of 1.7 billion people on this planet and it has to be excised," he said during a speech to the Ahavath Torah Congregation in Stoughton, Massachusetts.

According to Scottish writer and journalist John Wight, “Flynn is an open Islamophobe.”

He told Press TV on Monday that “Flynn seems to carry a particular hatred of Iran. He has talked in the past of the need for 'regime change’ in Iran, and he has described Islam as ‘a malignant cancer.’ That’s a direct quote. He has also described it as a 'sick religion' that requires healing.”

This is excellent news because Flynn was influential and very anti-Iran. I am happy now, but we should wait to see his replacement as well.

Usually these leak triggered resigns dont end by just one person. I have a feeling a few other people will go through the chopping block. I just hope Steve Bannon and John Bolton are not in the list of replacement candidates.

It could be good 'cause Russians now see a different Trump administration.. regarding Iranophobia nothing is gonna get changed the Trump administration is full of them:

The Increasingly Dangerous Iran Obsession

There was an alarming report buried in this story about Trump’s dysfunctional National Security Council:

Last week, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis was exploring whether the Navy could intercept and board an Iranian ship to look for contraband weapons possibly headed to Houthi fighters in Yemen. The potential interdiction seemed in keeping with recent instructions from Mr. Trump, reinforced in meetings with Mr. Mattis and Secretary of State Rex W. Tillerson, to crack down on Iran’s support of terrorism.

But the ship was in international waters in the Arabian Sea, according to two officials. Mr. Mattis ultimately decided to set the operation aside, at least for now. White House officials said that was because news of the impending operation leaked [bold mine-DL], a threat to security that has helped fuel the move for the insider threat program. But others doubt whether there was enough basis in international law, and wondered what would happen if, in the early days of an administration that has already seen one botched military action in Yemen, American forces were suddenly in a firefight with the Iranian Navy.

The U.S. obviously doesn’t and wouldn’t have any legal right to seize another navy’s ship in international waters, which would be an act of war. If another government attempted this against an American or allied ship, we would correctly view it as completely unjustified aggression. It is lucky that Trump didn’t stumble into a war with Iran in such a reckless way, but it seems that the plan to attack an Iranian vessel was “set aside” mainly because it happened to leak. If it hadn’t, the U.S. might have already fired the opening shots in a new war. In this case, Mattis doesn’t appear to be restraining Trump’s worst instincts at all, but instead seems willing to indulge them when it comes to hostility towards Iran. Picking a fight with Iran in the name of aiding the disgraceful Saudi-led war on Yemen would also be the height of stupidity, since Iranian support for the Saudis’ enemies has been negligible all along.

The U.S.-backed war on Yemen has been a disaster for that country. Now there is increasing danger that this Iran-obsessed administration is looking for ways to turn our shameful policy there into a pretext for direct conflict with Iran. It was already horrible that the U.S. was enabling and fueling the Saudi-led war, but it would be even worse if the U.S. started a war with Iran as a result of our entanglement there. The fact that top administration officials appear to be looking for a way to do that rather than doing what they can to avoid it speaks volumes about Trump’s foreign policy team.​

Funny enough he was pro-Russia but anti -Iran. In short very bad news for Russia but good news to a lesser extent for Iran. :)

One psychopath gone 4 more to go!

Funny enough he was pro-Russia but anti -Iran. In short very bad news for Russia but good news to a lesser extent for Iran
Who do you think is going to replace him? Rafsanjani's grandson? These are personalities. They come and go but the system continues. Democrats go, Republican's come, but the ship of the state still sails in proximate same direction.

And the US 'ship of state' has been sailing agaist Iran from 1979. Iranian's have a choce. Bad baskets or real bad baskets. On the other hand if Iran tomorrow kissed and made up with Israel watch how fast Iran would rise. Before your know 'I-ran' would be the 'in thing' everywhere. We would see 'I-ran acts' winning on X-factor with Simon Cowell swinging about in Tehran.

It's not the economy stupid - it's Israel.

As discussed a few months back Flynn has been on shaky ground so I'm not surprised that after this latest revelation he's had to resign. (As I understand it the usual method is that the President personally hands his employee the "resignation" letter.)

Who do you think is going to replace him? Rafsanjani's grandson? These are personalities. They come and go but the system continues. Democrats go, Republican's come, but the ship of the state still sails in proximate same direction.

And the US 'ship of state' has been sailing agaist Iran from 1979. Iranian's have a choce. Bad baskets or real bad baskets. On the other hand if Iran tomorrow kissed and made up with Israel watch how fast Iran would rise. Before your know 'I-ran' would be the 'in thing' everywhere. We would see 'I-ran acts' winning on X-factor with Simon Cowell swinging about in Tehran.

It's not the economy stupid - it's Israel.
Of course U.S Iran policy will continue, since the "Islamic Revolution" the two countries have had very tumultuous relationship as Iran first sought to export it's version of Islamic Revolution to Arab states which were close U.S/western allies. Iran didnt make things any better either which started with U.S embassy hostage situation shortly after the "Revolution" (which can be considered an act of war since an embassy is like a sovereign land of a country) this played a big role in shaping U.S policy from there on as well. Iran has since done that to the "old cunning fox" Great Britain's embassy which was invaded by the country's youths as police watched and destroyed few years ago as well, not even the mad Kim's dynasty acts this way towards U.S and British/western embassies irrespective of the reason given to justify such acts(and mind you the U.S has been far harsher towards Pyongyang than towards Tehran, Israel has nothing to do with that as well.) . All these events which received wide public coverage in the West helped turned western public opinion against Iran ALOT. The coming to power of hardliner Ahmadinejad with his flamboyant and inflammatory slogans/rhetorics publicly at the U N and other public events of willing out Israel, U.S bases and Allies in the region off the map made things even worse which led to the beginning of even tougher sanctions against Iran during his reign.
U.S -Iran conflict of interests in the middle East is also to blame , since the U.S/U.K led invasion of Iraq, Iran did play a major role in supporting insurgents and shias militias (who funny enough were the ones cheering the West to topple Sunni dictator Saddam in the beginning. Lol) fighting U S and British forces in the country thus undermining U.S/U.K efforts in stabilising the country after Saddam was toppled. There are a few other reasons which I can be begin to mentioned all on here.
So Israel is just one part of it, there are many other reasons , both countries have had conflict of interests in the region for a while now. Hence , the reason we are where we are today. :) geopolitics.

Last edited:
Of course U.S Iran policy will continue, since the "Islamic Revolution" the two countries have had very tumultuous relationship as Iran first sought to export it's version of Islamic Revolution to Arab states which were close U.S/western allies. Iran didnt make things any better either which started with U.S embassy hostage situation shortly after the "Revolution" (which can be considered an act of war since an embassy is like a sovereign land of a country) this played a big role in shaping U.S policy from there on as well. Iran has since done that to the "old cunning fox" Great Britain's embassy which was invaded by the country's youths as police watched and destroyed few years ago as well, not even the mad Kim's dynasty acts this way towards U.S and British/western embassies irrespective of the reason given to justify such acts(and mind you the U.S has been far harsher towards Pyongyang than towards Tehran, Israel has nothing to do with that as well.) . All these events which received wide public coverage in the West helped turned western public opinion against Iran ALOT. The coming to power of hardliner Ahmadinejad with his flamboyant and inflammatory slogans/rhetorics publicly at the U N and other public events of willing out Israel, U.S bases and Allies in the region off the map made things even worse which led to the beginning of even tougher sanctions against Iran during his reign.
U.S -Iran conflict of interests in the middle East is also to blame , since the U.S/U.K led invasion of Iraq, Iran did play a major role in supporting insurgents and shias militias (who were cheering the west to topple Sunni dictate Saddam in the beginning.lol) fighting U S and British forces in the country thus undermine U.S stabilising the country after Saddam was toppled. There are a few other reasons which I can be begin to mentioned all on here.
So Israel is just one part of it, there are many other reasons , both countries have had conflict of interests in the region for a while now. Hence , the reason we are where we are today. :) geopolitics.

I don't understand why is it so hard for ppl to understand how American backed and supported the Shah of Iran prior to the Revolution. The UK, US and Israel have been meddling in the affairs of the middle east for a variety of reasons....so why are surprised by their brute force and "uncivilized manners" when the UK did far worse during colonial period?

And the US 'ship of state' has been sailing agaist Iran from 1979. Iranian's have a choce. Bad baskets or real bad baskets. On the other hand if Iran tomorrow kissed and made up with Israel watch how fast Iran would rise...It's not the economy stupid - it's Israel.
How do you know you're not mixing up cause and effect here? 'cause I think that's what you're doing.

- Iran had diplomatic relations with Israel until the mullahs took over and broke relations for ideological reasons: Jews could be dhimmis but the Jewish state had to be abused as a tool to whip up support for the mullahs planned hegemony over the region.

- The mullahs attacked the U.S. embassy and kidnapped U.S. diplomatic personnel and held them hostage - in violation of their immunities under international law - in an attempt to compel the U.S. to capture and hand over the Shah.

- The mullahs redistributed much of Iran's wealth to themselves and embraced a long war with Iraq, causing Iran's GNP to crash further (it had already dropped due to a fall in oil prices).

Israel did not make the mullahs do any of these things. It's simply that intolerance for Israel was part and parcel of the whole mullah package.

U.S Iran policy
Iran could have overran the US, British, French, Canadian embassies and every other building with a car parked outside with 'CD' plates but 28 years later - today if it kissed up and made up with Israel by next weekend easyjet would be operating weakend tours to the 'delights of Tehran' and plenty of guy's in London next weekend with slicked black hair would be using the chatline "hey pretti you vant to get into my Morcedez cor I am I-ran-een".

Call me cynic but half of the crap in this world begins in Israel and ends in Israel. And if overthrowing governments by CIA backed coups in 1953, raping the oil revenues by Anglo-Persian can be overlooked what is few student runts running around in embassy grounds grunting "Marg bar Amrika" in comparison. Taking over few square metres of estate in comparison to the entire estate of a country?

Call me cynic but half of the crap in this world begins in Israel and ends in Israel.
The importance of Israel is not that it is responsible for much of the world's wickedness; it's that much of the world's wickedness is seen by refusing to embrace the Jewish State for the good thing it really is.

The deliberate smearing involves promoting all sorts of warped logic but of course serves its primary purpose: to blind a hate-imbued populace to the failings of its leaders, permitting them to oppress the people and rob the till as they wish. Jews themselves - Zionist or not, in Israel or not - don't have to actually do anything to bring about such misgovernance, nor the calamity of revolt or collapse which so often follows.

I don't understand why is it so hard for ppl to understand how American backed and supported the Shah of Iran prior to the Revolution. The UK, US and Israel have been meddling in the affairs of the middle east for a variety of reasons....so why are surprised by their brute force and "uncivilized manners" when the UK did far worse during colonial period?
Who said I SURPRISED ? Lol I'm merely making and observation/giving the reasons for such actions to @Kaptaan . U.S/U.K have had conflict of interests with Iran since the Islamic Revolution, hence their actions. It's normal in geo politics for countries to collide on several issues when they have a conflict of interests.
However, there are now some areas where both the U.S/U.K/West have common interests on and which both sides can work on,in Afghanistan for example where the U.S/U.K toppling of the Taliban government was also a good thing for Iran, since the Taliban government was very hostile towards Iran so both sides can work together in tackling the Taliban. In Iraq today as well. Even though Iran supported Shias militias and insurgents against U.S/British forces in Iraq today U.S/U.K/West don't see Iran's presence in the country as a major threat anymore, the main priority now is fighting ISIS/AL Qaeda and other Sunni terrorist groups. The U.S, U.K and France are even providing advanced equipment/arms to some of these Shias groups to battle ISIS, so both countries can cooperate in this regard as well. HOWEVER, I know it's hard to do so, since the Iranians will never want to be seen as cooperating with "the great satan and the old cunning fox" since doing so publicly will diminish their influence and esteem towards other Islamic groups/public supporting them in the region from Lebanon's Hezbollah to hamas to even in Yemen etc but it can still be done covertly. So there you go. All about intetests.:)

Iran could have overran the US, British, French, Canadian embassies and every other building with a car parked outside with 'CD' plates but 28 years later - today if it kissed up and made up with Israel by next weekend easyjet would be operating weakend tours to the 'delights of Tehran' and plenty of guy's in London next weekend with slicked black hair would be using the chatline "hey pretti you vant to get into my Morcedez cor I am I-ran-een".

Call me cynic but half of the crap in this world begins in Israel and ends in Israel. And if overthrowing governments by CIA backed coups in 1953, raping the oil revenues by Anglo-Persian can be overlooked what is few student runts running around in embassy grounds grunting "Marg bar Amrika" in comparison. Taking over few square metres of estate in comparison to the entire estate of a country?
What are you on about? Yes I have heard that several times Israel and the West is the cause of all the world's troubles and issues. Old music :blah:
In fact you got a point though. If Iran recognised Israel and start negotiating with the country, I believe even the middle East will be more peaceful. There will probably be no need for proxy wars and arming of terrorist groups like Hezbollah and Hamas . This will force these groups on the negotiating table with Israel and maybe an agreement might even be reached (as far as both sides are serious and ready to make some concessions). This I believe will also have a much more wider effect in stabilising the region and reducing sectarian radical Islamists hatred.
However I know this is impossible, since even Iran government also derives ALOT of its legitimacy from the Israeli threat, plus it's influence in the region also depends on this ALOT as well. Negotiating directly with Israel will put all this in jeopardy, plus it's even a Taboo/criminal offence I believe to talk about sitting on the negotiating with israel in Islamic countries like Iran and even Pakistan. :tongue: Israel by contrast wouldn't mind I suppose. Therein also lies the problem with religious ideological regimes/government, they are not often flexible/rational. :wave:

Last edited:
The importance of Israel is not that it is responsible for much of the world's wickedness; it's that much of the world's wickedness is seen by refusing to embrace the Jewish State for the good thing it really is.

The deliberate smearing involves promoting all sorts of warped logic but of course serves its primary purpose: to blind a hate-imbued populace to the failings of its leaders, permitting them to oppress the people and rob the till as they wish. Jews themselves - Zionist or not, in Israel or not - don't have to actually do anything to bring about such misgovernance, nor the calamity of revolt or collapse which so often follows.

Today I swindled some goyim out of his hard earned shekels and sent it back to Israel.

Did I do Israel good?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom