What's new

MI 17 Replacement in future.

Super Falcon

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Dear friends as we know MI 17 is backbone for our army for decades. But recently crash rate of Mi 17 is growing day by day

I opened this thread to discuss why not PA in future buy new helicopter and gradually get rid of MI 17 as 2 helicopters are crazhed in last six month PA will buy more 2 helicopters im saying PA should choose more advance version of MI 17 or some other helicopter or ask china to co produce helicopter as we did with thunder programme china will be more greatfull to make it as china and russia also co producing heavy lifter helicopter.

Dont you think if we get helicopter with china it will be cheap and made for our needs

Dear friends as we know MI 17 is backbone for our army for decades. But recently crash rate of Mi 17 is growing day by day

I opened this thread to discuss why not PA in future buy new helicopter and gradually get rid of MI 17 as 2 helicopters are crazhed in last six month PA will buy more 2 helicopters im saying PA should choose more advance version of MI 17 or some other helicopter or ask china to co produce helicopter as we did with thunder programme china will be more greatfull to make it as china and russia also co producing heavy lifter helicopter.

Dont you think if we get helicopter with china it will be cheap and made for our needs
What are its possible replacements?
For replacing old Mi17, buy new Mi17

We could wait till the z-20. An exact copy of the Blackhawk
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1439084182.607071.jpg

What are its possible replacements?
For replacing old Mi17, buy new Mi17
I think there was a third crash in pindi, the heli tail broke as it hit a container. A thorough investigation needs to be carried out and look at maintenance schedule and PM. We do not want to have more so real cause need to be identified and rectified.

Helicopter crash was due to weather , and not necessarily the helicopter itself , a gust of wind can easily cause a crash if the helicopter was flying low or was close to objects which could cause a hit and crash.

Flood like moon soon conditions are not ideal for any platform

A helicopter that is maintained regularly and its mileage recorded , and engine goes thur TLC will perform

Helicopter crash was due to weather , and not necessarily the helicopter itself , a gust of wind can easily cause a crash if the helicopter was flying low or was close to objects which could cause a hit and crash.

Flood like moon soon conditions are not ideal for any platform

A helicopter that is maintained regularly and its mileage recorded , and engine goes thur TLC will perform

Russian stuff is well know not easy maintenance especially helo and aircraft. Getting spare is also difficult. When China bought many Mi-17 from Russian, China also need to setup an entire maintenance chain line to ensure enough spares since Russia supplier are hard to deal with. Same as the AL-31F engine we imported from Russia. This way, will bring up the cost per unit.

It would be much more cheaper to send the Helos to Russia or other Ex-Soviet country for Upgrades

unnamed (5).jpg

Z-20 can be the alternate

Z-18 can be alternate also

Mi-17 is the best of its Kind but like every other helo low flying and bad weather brings helos down. Helos are prone to crashes while landing or take off strong winds, rain and snow also contributed. Above mentioned Z-8A very inferior to mi-17 in comparison of troops and goods carrying capacity. We need to address training and maintenance, there is no urgent need to replace Mi-17.

Also I think crashes have been for older airframes, the Mi-17s have been heavily used and in extreme conditions. Its a very versatile and rugged helicopter. They shouldnt be replaced, infact more new Mi-17s should be inducted. Heard Mi-17 production to be shifted to China in future once Russia starts making Mi-38, which is their Mi-17 replacement.

mi_38.jpg

Also I think crashes have been for older airframes, the Mi-17s have been heavily used and in extreme conditions. Its a very versatile and rugged helicopter. They shouldnt be replaced, infact more new Mi-17s should be inducted. Heard Mi-17 production to be shifted to China in future once Russia starts making Mi-38, which is their Mi-17 replacement.

mi_38.jpg

Mi-38 has the same troop carrying capacity but with superior specs and it is slightly larger.

Chances of Pakistan buying them is low, I hope you can buy Upgraded Mi-17s from China in the future.

Pak in future may go for Z18 as it may be used for duel purposes both for PA and PN as both versions are available. It may prove to be much economical.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom