What's new

MI 17 Replacement in future.

How about TAI T-70? As you know TAI is a reliable parter of Pakistan.

T-70: A Turkish variant of the S-70i, built under license by Turkish Aerospace Industries with indigenous Turkish mission-computer, avionics, landing gear and transmission.[9][10] More than 70% national contribution.

Qvp2rxGUHyw_DbG0fHQDUU7V0GnUgDisk7N2H3wFHNTMW6WsZXMcg-oHdbZRWNSaN6ASDTTECHkYYdzwmKci7D6tJwYDq3mIv9LVK-yWDryPSA=w400-h273-nc

Turkey’s TUHP: $3.5b 109 T-70 Helicopters – More

TAI T-70 UTILITY HELICOPTER PROGRAM

T70 - UTILITY HELICOPTER PROGRAM

Turkish Undersecretariat for Defence Industries (SSM) newly signed related agreements on 21st February 2014 with TAI as Prime Contractor, Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. as Major Subcontractor and other key Turkish aerospace contractors that license Turkey's aerospace industry to manufacture 109 T70 helicopters (Turkish variants of Sikorsky's S-70i™ International Black Hawk helicopter) for operation by the Turkish Governmental Bodies.

In turn, the Turkish aerospace industry will assemble 109 T70 helicopters for Sikorsky. The agreements would authorize the transfer of certain manufacturing technology to Turkish industry and provide for the potential to produce up to a total of 600 total aircraft, including both T70 units for Turkish indigenous use and S-70i™ aircraft for export over the next 30 years. Under the program, TAI is the prime contractor for T70 licensed production and assembly in Turkey for multi-mission use by the Turkish government.

genel_maksat_helikopteri_kurumlar_en.jpg

paluLnGibOH2v0ggqSNDnYiaYrXCm24x7K-yEuPbRF4LMxaf4oBjC7ZR0rFzschtsVlCrXdTCEl1ZByCz5sKwVGwv6f7q_PeP-L_lFK0NzuDg4uPMBth9BYb3QkSiC6iPRN1u2j1O361=w470-h313-nc

Will require US NOC for any deals

TAI has rights of exporting TAI/Skorsky T-70 (under development) (Turkish variant of Skorsky's best copter, S-70 to be used by Turkish Land Forces and other units) to 3rd countries. A country which agreed to export F-16 block-50 fighters to Pakistan, can easily give permission to transfer Turkey's T-70 to Pakistan as well.

About some details; The huge majority of productions (%70 national contribution) are being done by Turkish institutes including engines. The engines Turkey produces for T-70 will be called as T700-TEI-701(%54 national contribution) for export markets. The most strategic parts of helicopter from gear box, transmission to shafts, landing gears, back rotor assembles, avionics, fuselage will be manufactured by Turkey. The aftersale services and spare parts will also be provided by Turkish institutes so Any restrictions won't affect any country because It will be Turkish officials that solve all problems and The adressee of costumers will be Turkey after the deal.

According to Turkish Army, S-70 is the best utility helicopter of the World so Turkey pressed USA to get such a strategic deal which took around 2 years to agree on table. Turkish Army love this copter so I hope Pakistan will also use same copter with Turkey and see How an excellent thing she is on field.

Great footage

TAI has rights of exporting TAI/Skorsky T-70 (under development) (Turkish variant of Skorsky's best copter, S-70 to be used by Turkish Land Forces and other units) to 3rd countries. A country which agreed to export F-16 block-50 fighters to Pakistan, can easily give permission to transfer Turkey's T-70 to Pakistan as well.

About some details; The huge majority of productions (%70 national contribution) are being done by Turkish institutes including engines. The engines Turkey produces for T-70 will be called as T700-TEI-701(%54 national contribution) for export markets. The most strategic parts of helicopter from gear box, transmission to shafts, landing gears, back rotor assembles, avionics, fuselage will be manufactured by Turkey. The aftersale services and spare parts will also be provided by Turkish institutes so Any restrictions won't affect any country because It will be Turkish officials that solve all problems and The adressee of costumers will be Turkey after the deal.

According to Turkish Army, S-70 is the best utility helicopter of the World so Turkey pressed USA to get such a strategic deal which took around 2 years to agree on table. Turkish Army love this copter so I hope Pakistan will also use same copter with Turkey and see How an excellent thing she is on field.

Great footage

what is the price tag. i'm guessing 30-40m USD per copy. for this our army can get between 5-7 Mi17s. we need a rugged, reliable and cost effective helo.

what is the price tag. i'm guessing 30-40m USD per copy. for this our army can get between 5-7 Mi17s. we need a rugged, reliable and cost effective helo.

In FY 2015, The unit cost of a Skorsky manufactured UH-60M is $16.96 million.

The cost of the airframe is $11.89 million.
The avionics package costs $662,000
The T700-GE-701D engines cost $739,000 each ($1.48 million total)
Other costs making up the remaining $2.93 million.

This bird in the hand of Turkish engineers/institutes will cost way less than those prices.
2ajnotu.jpg

This bird in the hand of Turkish engineers/institutes will cost way less than those prices.
2ajnotu.jpg
does Skoesky have stake in Turkish plant and production? I mean royalty and prospect customer?

does Skoesky have stake in Turkish plant and production? I mean royalty and prospect customer?

Sikorsky has the rights to use, integrate Aselsan avionics suite to future UH-60s, S-70i.

That's what I heard but there can be more as well.

2ajnotu.jpg

Thanks that is cost of goods manufactured. What about the profit margins. I'm sure TAI is not a charity organisation

We could wait till the z-20. An exact copy of the Blackhawk
View attachment 245169

Exactly, I was thinking the same. As soon as Z20 gets inducted in PLA, PA should go for it & slowly replace the old MI17 with Z20.

Other than that there are many other more options, like PA can look for European helicopters but they would be to expensive.

Also I think crashes have been for older airframes, the Mi-17s have been heavily used and in extreme conditions. Its a very versatile and rugged helicopter. They shouldnt be replaced, infact more new Mi-17s should be inducted. Heard Mi-17 production to be shifted to China in future once Russia starts making Mi-38, which is their Mi-17 replacement.

mi_38.jpg

A good option for PA.

2ajnotu.jpg

If US is not an obstacle in this deal from taking place then there should be no delay by PD.

Should go for European or American replacement, if budget can allow.

But then Americans too had been using these same helicopters in their campaign in Afghanistan. So there isnt much to criticize the machine. It might just be a coincidence that two fatal accidents occurred so close to each other involving the same helicopter.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom