What's new

MHA needs Rs 3,50,000 cr for internal security, border guarding in 2020-25

Indian GDP will be >3T $ in 2020. What will be 8.5 billion $ in 2020 as respect to Indias GDP size ? This thread is plain stupid.

This is exactly what I was doing. Comparing one nation;India with other nations a la Tanzania.

But what did you do?
Bring Tom Cruise as an individual?
Comparing Apples to Oranges?
Compare expense with respect to revenue or budget -- which is the right context. In context of Indian government's revenue which is in hundreds of billions, an expense of 8 billion dollars per year on modernization of internal security is very justifiable: Given the law and order situation in the country, attacks of women, rising crime on minorities.

Of course this expense will run in billions. If you want to compare this, compare it with internal security expenses of a similar sized and similar population country.

To be honest, my question will be at what terms. In the sense what will be the interest rate or payment terms or moratorium period if any.

Usually these loans are taken when there is a deficit in the budget. A fairly large number of countries run deficit. Now rest is the matter of accounting, ie under what head how much money is taken as a loan. A project which requires a funding of 1 million dollars will need a 1 million dollar loan from someone one. Either bonds will be issued for public to invest or loans will be availed from external parties.

Hu ha hu ha...

Simple question gets repeated:

If India asked the WB to loan it 1 million dollars.
Would it be pitiful or not?

Yes or not?

I know you do not want to be embarrassed.
But thats okey.
But next time do not start a discussion if you are less than honest and you have a burden of jingoism to take care of.

If India asked the WB to loan it 1 million dollars.
Would it be pitiful or not?

Yes or not?
The question is somewhat like 'Is the temperature of water loud or green?' Adjective 'pitiable' does not apply to finances. But still if you want to force it, I will say no. It will not be pitiable if the terms of loan are good enough. A dollar is a dollar is a dollar as the saying goes.

India is a low wage country with billion plus people, hence people will talk about its drawbacks.
Try to listen.

India is not Switzerland.
Try to reason.

India is a low wage country with billion plus people, hence people will talk about its drawbacks.
Try to listen.

India is not Switzerland.
Try to reason.
Of course India is not Switzerland and those who claim that are lying.
And of course India is not Canada either. And again those who say that are lying.

But then, expenses are not GDP, so comparison is less than honest.

The question is somewhat like 'Is the temperature of water loud or green?' Adjective 'pitiable' does not apply to finances. But still if you want to force it, I will say no. It will not be pitiable if the terms of loan are good enough. A dollar is a dollar is a dollar as the saying goes.

This is stupid shameful act for any trillion plus economy to ask for a million dollar loan from the World Bank.
Its this simple.

But you are you.
Out to save India/Modi/BJP image coupled with your jingoism.

Have a good day.

Out I go.
Never to engage you further.

Indian GDP will be >3T $ in 2020. What will be 8.5 billion $ in 2020 as respect to Indias GDP size ? This thread is plain stupid.
I have seen many such comparison. Once you omit the context in which a figure/fact is taken, it becomes hilarious. It was an interesting start to my day here in Vancouver. Its quite sunny today, most probably I will step outside, away from this. Stanley Park and Lynn Valley are particularly good during this time of the year.

Out to save India/Modi/BJP image coupled with your jingoism.
Oh I think Modi and BJP are a bunch of clowns and India is quite an underdeveloped mess. But still that does not make GDP and Expenses on Security comparable without any real context. Neither it adds a column of 'Honor' in accounts/portfolio of nations.

I have seen many such comparison. Once you omit the context in which a figure/fact is taken, it becomes hilarious. It was an interesting start to my day here in Vancouver. Its quite sunny today, most probably I will step outside, away from this. Stanley Park and Lynn Valley are particularly good during this time of the year.

Oh I think Modi and BJP are a bunch of clowns and India is quite an underdeveloped mess. But still that does not make GDP and Expenses on Security comparable without any real context. Neither it adds a column of 'Honor' in accounts/portfolio of nations.
Good call veere. Enjoy your day away from this mindless banter. Cheers!

Same here in Minnesota. We had a really bad storm last week and today it is all sunny. I will probably go cycling today, it feels so good to see the snow melt..!! You have a nice day sir.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom