What's new

Men groping and touching a girl on minar-e-pakistan 14th august celebration(case has been registered)

This is one of the many videos that are being shared on WhatsApp groups showing how men were groping her and touching her. Look at the number of people in this video!! All she wanted to do was celebrate Independence Day at minar e Pakistan. Is that a crime?

DIG Operations Lahore
@DIGOpsLahore

Replying to
@MashwaniAzhar

@OutOnAbudget
and 2 others
In this regard case# 988/21 has been registered at PS Lorry adda and all possible efforts are being made to identify the culprits through video evidence and CCTV footage.

Police register case against hundreds for assaulting woman in Lahore's Greater Iqbal Park on Aug 14
Imran GabolPublished August 17, 2021 - Updated about 6 hours ago

A woman's silhouette  is seen in this file photo. — AP's silhouette  is seen in this file photo. — AP

A woman's silhouette is seen in this file photo. — AP
Lahore police on Tuesday registered a case against hundreds of unidentified persons for assaulting and stealing from a female TikToker and her companions at the city's Greater Iqbal Park on Independence Day.
In the first information report (FIR) registered at the Lorry Adda police station, a copy of which is available with Dawn.com, the complainant stated that she, along with six companions, were filming a video near Minar-e-Pakistan on Independence Day when around 300 to 400 people "attacked us".
She said that she and her companions made a lot of effort to escape from the crowd. Observing the situation, the park's security guard opened the gate to the enclosure around Minar-e-Pakistan, the FIR quotes her as saying.
"However, the crowd was huge and people were scaling the enclosure and coming towards us. People were pushing and pulling me to the extent that they tore my clothes. Several people tried to help me but the crowd was too huge and they kept throwing me in the air," she said.
She further stated that her companions were also assaulted. During the struggle, her ring and earrings were "forcibly taken", besides a mobile phone of one of her companions, his identity card and Rs15,000 that he had on his person.
"The unidentified persons assaulted us violently," the complainant added.
The FIR was registered under sections 354 A (assault or use of criminal force against woman and stripping her of her clothes), 382 (theft after preparation made for causing death, hurt or restraint in order to commit the theft), 147 (rioting) and 149 (unlawful assembly) of the Pakistan Penal Code.
Meanwhile, Lahore DIG Operations Sajid Kiyani ordered the superintendent of police (SP) to take "immediate legal action" against the suspects involved in the incident.
"The suspects should be traced with the help of the footage," a statement quoted the police official as saying.
Those who "violated women's honour and harassed them will be brought within the ambit of the law", Kiyani added.
A video of the incident started circulating on social media earlier today with citizens expressing anger over the actions of the men in the video.
The latest incident comes amid renewed focus on violence against women in Pakistan, following the murders of Noor Mukadam and Quratul Ain in July.
In the same month, a video went viral on social media in which six men were seen harassing a couple in Islamabad. The men held the couple at gunpoint, forced them to strip and then beat them up. Moreover, they also abused the couple verbally and physically by doing vulgar acts.
Four of the suspects were later arrested.

Police register case against hundreds for assaulting woman in Lahore's Greater Iqbal Park on Aug 14 - Pakistan - DAWN.COM
Result of stage drama culture and heera mandi

Where is the useless bastard Buzdar? Can we just replace him with a authoritative type already. Making him CM of Punjab was the biggest mistake Imran Khan made since becoming PM imo

Result of stage drama culture and heera mandi

When they said don't put this out in public, people said it's the will of the people and inconsequential.

They gave a national recognition award for this.

This is one of the many videos that are being shared on WhatsApp groups showing how men were groping her and touching her. Look at the number of people in this video!! All she wanted to do was celebrate Independence Day at minar e Pakistan. Is that a crime?

DIG Operations Lahore
@DIGOpsLahore

Replying to
@MashwaniAzhar

@OutOnAbudget
and 2 others
In this regard case# 988/21 has been registered at PS Lorry adda and all possible efforts are being made to identify the culprits through video evidence and CCTV footage.

Police register case against hundreds for assaulting woman in Lahore's Greater Iqbal Park on Aug 14
Imran GabolPublished August 17, 2021 - Updated about 6 hours ago

A woman's silhouette  is seen in this file photo. — AP's silhouette  is seen in this file photo. — AP

A woman's silhouette is seen in this file photo. — AP
Lahore police on Tuesday registered a case against hundreds of unidentified persons for assaulting and stealing from a female TikToker and her companions at the city's Greater Iqbal Park on Independence Day.
In the first information report (FIR) registered at the Lorry Adda police station, a copy of which is available with Dawn.com, the complainant stated that she, along with six companions, were filming a video near Minar-e-Pakistan on Independence Day when around 300 to 400 people "attacked us".
She said that she and her companions made a lot of effort to escape from the crowd. Observing the situation, the park's security guard opened the gate to the enclosure around Minar-e-Pakistan, the FIR quotes her as saying.
"However, the crowd was huge and people were scaling the enclosure and coming towards us. People were pushing and pulling me to the extent that they tore my clothes. Several people tried to help me but the crowd was too huge and they kept throwing me in the air," she said.
She further stated that her companions were also assaulted. During the struggle, her ring and earrings were "forcibly taken", besides a mobile phone of one of her companions, his identity card and Rs15,000 that he had on his person.
"The unidentified persons assaulted us violently," the complainant added.
The FIR was registered under sections 354 A (assault or use of criminal force against woman and stripping her of her clothes), 382 (theft after preparation made for causing death, hurt or restraint in order to commit the theft), 147 (rioting) and 149 (unlawful assembly) of the Pakistan Penal Code.
Meanwhile, Lahore DIG Operations Sajid Kiyani ordered the superintendent of police (SP) to take "immediate legal action" against the suspects involved in the incident.
"The suspects should be traced with the help of the footage," a statement quoted the police official as saying.
Those who "violated women's honour and harassed them will be brought within the ambit of the law", Kiyani added.
A video of the incident started circulating on social media earlier today with citizens expressing anger over the actions of the men in the video.
The latest incident comes amid renewed focus on violence against women in Pakistan, following the murders of Noor Mukadam and Quratul Ain in July.
In the same month, a video went viral on social media in which six men were seen harassing a couple in Islamabad. The men held the couple at gunpoint, forced them to strip and then beat them up. Moreover, they also abused the couple verbally and physically by doing vulgar acts.
Four of the suspects were later arrested.

Police register case against hundreds for assaulting woman in Lahore's Greater Iqbal Park on Aug 14 - Pakistan - DAWN.COM
This video is very short to conclude anything.

It’s victim blaming until it happens to their own women.
Exactly some people have shocked me not by their action but justification of this
Do not compare her to a purse. She is fully dressed and there is no excuse for such barbaric behavior by those rapists.

She may have made a bad decision to be in a Jahil crowd....
However, the blame lies 100% on the sick criminal behavior of those rapists.
People arent purses
Its a bs excuse when you compare a living person to an inanimate object

to be fair, i think kabul is more safer for ladies vs lahore !

It looks like she had fainted and she is being rescued. There is no evidence of any assault.

She can be clearly seen struggling.

Why the hell any respectable lady would visit these types of functions??

Here comes the Tablighi. You should join your Taliban comrades across the border.

And "these type of functions" ? Man, it's your Independence Day !

Last edited:
The problem with village people of Pakistan anywhere in the country is that they won't let anyone from the city even look at their wonen. But when they come to the city, they think every girl in the city is ready to shag them.
This payndoo mentality must change.
The situation in the video seems similar. Some village idiots entitling themselves to touch and hug a city girl, thinking that it's just fine in the city. But same village idiots will kill if someone does the same to their women.

also, its time Pakistani authorities started thinking about separate spaces for women in public areas, I would never want females of my families to go anywhere near these places until these people are reined in.

Public gender segregation as an idea isn't different than to the thought process of these gropers. The males who have regressive thinking will become more emboldened to harass and oppress women. In other places they won't be comfortable to women working or in education. This will lead to a regressive society, a disharmonious and oppressive society. A Talibanized society. Even Saudia is changing its society to remove gender segregation from a few sectors.

Pakistan should take lessons from past and present hard progressive Muslim-majority societies like Egypt, Libya, Iraq, Somalia and Syria, even 1980s urban Afghanistan.

Pakistan should see that the progressive momentum that Musharraf brought should not become wasted.

Albanian women are pretty

You are contradictory. First you justify those dogs in that place in so many posts and then you make this statement.

Well the girl should not be around unrelated men as well.

Are you another Tablighi ?

If you walk in a street with ur life savings dangeling in a transparent bag and if u get robbed then its ur 100 % fault for being careless and stupid.
In her case.... u dont pose in front of 1000s of jahil men and expect no response. Even in west with one of the best law and order women still get harrassed.
This tiktoker was being a cheap attention ho. She got what she wanted.

That's a stupid statement. You are blaming the victim.

but its a minar e pak for god sake. Second home for drug addicts, gangs hangout spot, lahore kay luchar lufangay larkay etc...

Then you should blame the city's security system and not these victims.

I don't know what a jahil is 🤷‍♂️

Basically a regressive ignorant and idiot who may also be educated in the sense of college degree. One who cannot be expected to make sensible and empathetic statements.

Captain here:
Not justifying anything just sharing the background context

the lady tried to raise indian flag on minare Pakistan on independence day, apparently for a tiktok video. This provoked the crowd and whole stupid thing happened.The government should have taken the notice of the vulgarity of unity faith disco photo on Islamabad highway to deter people from doing stupid stuff publicly.

Now that's a false conspiracy theory intended not only to needlessly complain about India but also to victim-blame this woman and her friends.

The Taliban patrol needs to be called in to punish those dogs who did this.

Please read my reply to S.Y.A able.

Why would a girl try to mingle among the crowds like this? Even best Muslim men gone rogue due to beauty of women. Even women are not safe in North America and Europe where rape is highest growing. It is like walking to lion and expect lion not to eat you.

Stupidity has its own price unfortunately. Those who took advantage will be back to public society in no time. Try not to put yourself among the gazillion crowds where women can be groped easily. Men are men, and 9 billion population didn't get to the point just by being decent. Greedy and lust happen when exposed to them. That is why the social distance has been encouraged since centurions but social distance is being adopted due to coronavirus.

Sorry but a stupid statement. You are blaming the victim. And what about her male friends whom these dogs beat up and robbed ?

Last edited:
I am shocked to read the views of a CSP officer, CSS 2017 qualifier, 46th Common Training Program, Civil Services Academy, who also happens to be a dentist, Dr. Hina Sikander, officer from Pakistan Postal Group Service, bashing Islam and Pakistan for this incident.

View attachment 770872

View attachment 770867

Link to the story:
View attachment 770868

These people at such higher positions need to be careful with their words. She has 127K followers on instagram.

Instead of criticizing their upbringing, she chose to bash Islam, Pakistan and has also further emboldened the narratives of Aurat March.

I must congratulate her for playing such an incredible role in feeding propaganda to all the above elements.
Yes I see give her whole info on the internet so some losers can bash her
Game samajh ayi!

I understand criticism of what people have to say but going around with her background,

This is very dangerous for her safety and well- being

And she say s your version of Islam

this isn't a criticism of religion itself but it's follower and how they choose to follow it

No difference between cancel culture and this right wing culture of Pak

Both get easily offended

I am shocked to read the views of a CSP officer, CSS 2017 qualifier, 46th Common Training Program, Civil Services Academy, who also happens to be a dentist, Dr. Hina Sikander, officer from Pakistan Postal Group Service, bashing Islam and Pakistan for this incident.

View attachment 770872

View attachment 770867

She is not blaming Islam, the real Islam, but the perverted version of Islam that is the belief of these criminals. I am sure many of these criminals never miss praying at least two times a day but still they act in such criminal manner. Is this what Islam is about ? That is what this officer meant.

Best solution is to just shoot each and every single one involved no court no nothing one bullet in head.

She is not blaming Islam, the real Islam, but the perverted version of Islam that is the belief of these criminals. I am sure many of these criminals never miss praying at least two times a day but still they act in such criminal manner. Is this what Islam is about ? That is what this officer meant.
Tbf don't think most of the people in that crowd were the kind of people who pray or follow any kind of religion seriously, punks gone wild

They're Poondi baaz losers, go around the thread people described what kind of crowd this was
All the above info is public. Nothing sensitive shared. Everyone knows who she is.
But 99% won't go around and search for her details

By sharing it through SM, internet etc we are just unknowingly endangering her well-being

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom