Status
Not open for further replies.

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
SOURCE: ET

battle-of-asal-uttar-when-the-indian-army-destroyed-165-pakistani-tanks-in-48-hours-652x400-3-1459850104.jpg

The Battle of Basantar in 1971 is touted as the biggest tank fight that took place in the sub-continent.Though it was a fierce battle with Pakistani tanks outnumbering India’s inventory, it was the sheer bravery of 2nd Lt. Arun Khetarpal (extreme right) who led India to victory.During the 1971 Indo-Pak war, Khetarpal was commissioned in the 17th Poona Horse, a tank regiment.

Pakistani troop planned to enter the Shakargarh area, which would have cut Jammu and Kashmir from rest of the country.When Indian army engineers were busy clearing land mines for Indian tanks to enter that area as they had to cross the river Basantar to reach that place, Khetarpal’s regiment decided to enter the battlefield despite the risk of passing through uncleared land mines.

Though they were successful initially, soon they came under heavy enemy fire. They at that time just had three tanks against 14 Pakistani tanks.

But that didn’t stop them. Khetarpal’s regiment decided to put up a brave fight.In the fight, Pakistan lost three tanks. Now it was just 3 Indian tanks vs 11 Pakistani tanks.One of the Indian tanks was destroyed and other stopped working due to mechanical glitch.

Khetarpal’s tank was severely affected by flames too. But, he did not give up.Soon a shell bomb fell on his tank and it caught fire. He was injured and got orders from his commander to abandon his tank and retreat. His response was “my main gun is working and I will get them.”

He didn’t stop firing till the time two more Pakistani tanks were destroyed and one was left abandoned.Now only two tanks were left in the battlefield and were distant at less than 100 meters of each other.

Khetarpal took a direct hit and at the same time Pakistani tank was also hit and they left the battleground and ran away.He was posthumously awarded Param Vir Chakra Award for destroying many Pakistani tanks and denying enemy’s entry into Indian soil.

http://idrw.org/meet-the-23-year-old-who-single-handedly-beat-7-pakistani-tanks/

Indians are delusional

its part of their psyche so historically in their minds they never lose even after 1000 years of occupation

its always some mistake, some treachery, some twist of fate
never that the indians were out fought and beaten

so you get a long list of such stories
100 men killed by Indian soldier with toothpick
7 tanks destroyed by one indian soldier
sir-ji-cal strike but not showing any proof

like many of their weapon systems from LCA to Arjunk to Nirbhay or Rustom its all about indian ego and delusions

please don't make fool out of yourself..

LOL Says the guy who wants to believe in fairy tales.

Indians are delusional

its part of their psyche so historically in their minds they never lose even after 1000 years of occupation

like many of their weapon systems from LCA to Arjunk to Nirbhay or Rustom its all about indian ego and delusions

LMAO These Indians are crazy. Bollywood fiction has found its way to Indian armed forces. Good combo.

LOL at the source. Please don't ridicule yourself by posting such garbage.
If you have some story about khetrapal y dont you share us.otherwise please keep quiet,since you dont know anything about him.

Indians are delusional

Hi,there is one more PVC Abdul Hameed he took 10 pakistani tank alone in 1965 war.

Pakistani kids, who have little knowledge of history should not be expected to Know, who 2ndLt. Arun Khetreapal was. Especially since his legend was born in 1971 war, a war Pakistanis generally don't like to read about. Since its too painful for them. But ignorance is not be an excuse for idiocy.

Lt. Arun Khetrepal is one of the very few recipients of Indias highest Gallantry award, there is an entire wing named after him at Indian Military accade'my Dehradun.

He almost single handedly defeated an entire Pakistani tank regiment of Patton tanks. His squadron of centurian tanks took down 10 Pakistani tanks with thim.

He died fighting but he was able to blunt the Pakistani offensive, which if succeded would have severed India's road link to Kashmir.

These were the words of Brigadier Khawja Mohammad Naser ( Pakistani tank commander, who finally destroyed 2nd Lt Arun Khetrepal's tank.) too Brigadier M.L. Khetarpal's father)

Brigadier Naser said 'Sir, there is something that I wanted to tell you for many years but I did not know how to get through to you. Finally, fate has intervened and sent you to me as an honoured guest. The last few days we have become close to one another and that has made my task even more difficult. It is regarding your son who is, of course, a national hero in India. However, on that fateful day, your son and I were soldiers, unknown to one another, fighting for the respect and safety of our respective countries. I regret to tell you that your son died in my hands. Arun's courage was exemplary and he moved his tank with fearless courage and daring, totally unconcerned about his safety. Tank casualties were very high till finally there were just two of us left facing one another. We both fired simultaneously. It was destined that I was to live and he was to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom