What's new

Mechanised Divisions Pakistan Army

MIB stands for mechanized infantry battalion
HAT stands for Heavy anti tank.

Don't think it gets any clearer than that.

P.s in some armies HAT stands for heavy air assault.
I was talking about MIB and APC borne. Perhaps manstein was referring to both LATs and HATs as APC borne

Then there are no tank battalions in our army, we have regiments.

You misunderstood me, I meant to say that out of the 45 odd AK units, only 9 are mechanized and all these are HAT units, numbering from 37 till 45. There are no MIB or LAT units in AK regiment.
Careful mate

All defender equipped LATs have been replaced with APCs
All defender equipped LATs have been replaced with APCs.
Thats good. Wheeled have own importance in recon and other tasks.
I pointed it out in this post:
The question that puzzles me is that why have the LATs( apart from where 4×4 can not be used) been equipped with Apcs? Don't they lose their sole purpose of being small light and fast troops which can still pack a punch and wreak havoc. With the large M113s they are no more small and fast. They can't place ambushes as their signature would be greater. Moreover tanks can recognize and engage tank sized targets at a greater range than it can target infantry and jeeps.The only use of m113s in LATs would be that they would provide some protection against smaal arms fire while carrying the same number of launcher but it compromises the tactical advantage of them. The only difference bw HATs and LATs is of the atgm used which seems to be ridiculous. Infact the word "light" seems to be out of place.

Oh, in that way.... There no more wheeled LATs, all are now M113 based or almost converted.
Are RR guns mounted on Jeep still operational?

I believe the mounted weapon is the key determinant not the carrier platform. M113 equipped with Lighter but shorter range ATGMs (Baktar Shikan) constitute LAT, while TOW/Kornet armed M113 are part of HAT.

(We haven't spotted Kornet in PA yet as far as OSINT is concerned)

Are RR guns mounted on Jeep still operational?

I believe the mounted weapon is the key determinant not the carrier platform. M113 equipped with Lighter but shorter range ATGMs (Baktar Shikan) constitute LAT, while TOW/Kornet armed M113 are part of HAT.

(We haven't spotted Kornet in PA yet as far as OSINT is concerned)
RR guns are no more there....
Yes, mounted weapon is the key determinant.
Of course, you'll not find Kornet or advanced Milans on OSINT..... Yet.

Back
Top Bottom