What's new

Mechanised Divisions Pakistan Army

I suppose yhe number of Kornets is too small for LATs or HATs. They are for MI-35s (AFAIK).

We have MILANs? @iLION12345_1
That 52 was likely just the first order, there will be or probably have been more delivered.
There are rumors that PA has advanced versions of MILAN, I believe those are true, but they aren’t being used/displayed, just like Kornet. Similarly PA also purchased advanced versions of Chinese third gen MANPADS (FN-6) during that same time period.

The Kornets are likely not for Mi35, they are not integrated to work from helicopter platforms. (there is nothing preventing them from being used on helicopters, and Russia or even Pakistan could configure them to do so with some Russian help, but it is unlikely either has happened). Russian helicopters Use either 9K121 Vikhr or the 9M120M Ataka (likely what Pakistan got for Mi35M). Both are specifically configured for helicopter use.

These platforms (Advanced ATGMs and MANPADS) are likely being bought in small numbers overtime by the PA, who knows, maybe they have decent stockpiles by now, there are usually follow up orders we don’t hear about.

wasnt it 52 launchers as opposed to 52 missiles
It was 52 launchers, but for the size of PA 52 missile and 52 launchers are little difference. They need several tens of thousands to make them a standard, but even the Russians find them too expensive and only use it to supplement older types, just as PA is doing. Kornets are basically some of the best ATGMs in existence at the moment, same with the newer MILAN models.

It was 52 launchers, but for the size of PA 52 missile and 52 launchers are little difference. They need several tens of thousands to make them a standard, but even the Russians find them too expensive and only use it to supplement older types, just as PA is doing. Kornets are basically some of the best ATGMs in existence at the moment, same with the newer MILAN models.

But who said the PA is interested in making them a standard? Maybe they'll SF units will be equipped with them?

(not attacking, just wondering(

But who said the PA is interested in making them a standard? Maybe they'll SF units will be equipped with them?

(not attacking, just wondering(
PK and Signalian probably know about their use case scenario better, but SF in Anti-Tank role would be a pretty niche thing, entirely possible, but I think they would want more compact systems in that case.

I would assume they are simply force multipliers and that PA has ordered more since, but I could be wrong.

PK and Signalian probably know about their use case scenario better,
Since these are the finest atgms out there they must be deployed in high threat areas where the highest concentration of enemy armour is expected i.e 31 corps, Gujranwala (8 and 15 inf div, Sialkot) or Southern/Central Punjab i.e 30 Corps (14 inf div, Okara) or 16 inf div(Panu Aqil) with V Corps.

Since these are the finest atgms out there they must be deployed in high threat areas where the highest concentration of enemy armour is expected i.e 31 corps, Gujranwala (8 and 15 inf div, Sialkot) or Southern/Central Punjab i.e 30 Corps (14 inf div, Okara) or 16 inf div(Panu Aqil) with V Corps.
Or LCB equipped with Kornet and Milan ATGMs during conventional warfare??

I like the concept of elite Tank hunting units then even 56 have great impact. Pakistani elite Panzerjäger a tactical evolution, which the Indian armored Corps would not like to face.

I like the concept of elite Tank hunting units then even 56 have great impact. Pakistani elite Panzerjäger a tactical evolution, which the Indian armored Corps would not like to face.
Our HATs and LATs are doing the same job and they have no counterpart on the Indian side so they are a unique tactical asset. Each div has a LAT equipped with BSWS, which can be broken down as:
- 1 LAT Bn= 3× LAT companies
- 1 Inf div = 3 × inf bdes
Thus 1× LAT company for each bde.
While HAT is a Corps asset which is normally equipped with TOW. Thus all our formations have significant independent anti-tank assets which the Indians admittedly don't want to face.
Or LCB equipped with Kornet and Milan ATGMs during conventional warfare??
LCBs don't have atgms. There are designed for urban combat.

Last edited:
Our HATs and LATs are doing the same job and they have no counterpart on the Indian side so they are a unique tactical asset.
Indian Guard battalions are the direct counterpart of our HAT units. Moreover, Indian R&S units are the counterpart to our LAT, though they are much better armed and having greater mobility than our LAT.

Indian Guard battalions are the direct counterpart of our HAT units. Moreover, Indian R&S units are the counterpart to our LAT, though they are much better armed and having greater mobility than our LAT.
You should write a detailed comparison (people love it) whenever you get the opportunity...

Back
Top Bottom