What's new

Mechanised Divisions Pakistan Army

Can you share where you got this idea / reference what you are saying? Because it is not a logical idea as Type 59s are among the cheapest tanks one can buy, specially used ones.

Perhaps its an idea in your mind, and I am misunderstanding that it is an idea from PA.

I dont make purchases for the PA. Just shared what i heard from reliable sources.

Makes no sense when you have such a large number of type-59/69 etc. We probably have over 1200 type-59 alone.

600 of them are upgraded to Alzarrar.

Plz compare them with Al Zarrar

AZ has better gun, armor, FCS, ammo and engine.

I dont make purchases for the PA. Just shared what i heard from reliable sources.

600 of them are upgraded to Alzarrar.

AZ has better gun, armor, FCS, ammo and engine.

I think we need to get beyond this "my chacha told me" otherwise we won't have a productive quality forum, just a bunch of frustrated teens overloaded with hormones.

To the guys discussing Indian RAPIDs (Re-organized Army Plains Infantry Division), we've 7 x RAPIDs (confirmed) and possibly one more. Also, when doing armor comparison, remember that an Independent Armored Brigade Group (IABG) in case of Indian Army is bigger than its Pakistan counter-part.

- IA (I) Armd Bde - 3 x Armored Regiments + 1 x Mechanized Infantry (BMP-2) + 1 x Medium Regiment + Support troops.
- If I understand correctly, PA (I) Armd Bde has 2 x Armored Regiments + 1 x Mech Regiment.

A quick question -

(1) Do PA Infantry Units also have ATGM sections?
(2) Or, do they rely on LAT/HAT battalion assets to be distributed to them as per requirement?

Just for reference, each IA infantry unit has ATGM section which is a mix of Milan-2T and Konkur-M missiles.

Thanks.

To the guys discussing Indian RAPIDs (Re-organized Army Plains Infantry Division), we've 7 x RAPIDs (confirmed) and possibly one more. Also, when doing armor comparison, remember that an Independent Armored Brigade Group (IABG) in case of Indian Army is bigger than its Pakistan counter-part.

- IA (I) Armd Bde - 3 x Armored Regiments + 1 x Mechanized Infantry (BMP-2) + 1 x Medium Regiment + Support troops.
- If I understand correctly, PA (I) Armd Bde has 2 x Armored Regiments + 1 x Mech Regiment.

A quick question -

(2) Or, do they rely on LAT/HAT battalion assets to be distributed to them as per requirement?

Just for reference, each IA infantry unit has ATGM section which is a mix of Milan-2T and Konkur-M missiles.

Thanks.

Our armored brigades are tailored for their task, with all sorts of combinations in orbat available.

PA Infantry units do have potent ATGM assets.

A quick question -

Thanks.

Ok sanghi.

@PanzerKiel @Signalian @Gryphon the T-55 story was apparently false. Do you guys have any input on it?

It was fake news propagated by some websites. There are plenty of T-59s/69s available for handover to FC; will probably happen when pullout of army's armoured regiments from sensitive KPK areas accelerates.

Very strange to go for this. I don't think it is explained by a marginally superior ERA. There are 101 other more likely options than this. Even Chinese T-59s can be had for next to nothing... which begs again and again, quite glaringly, the question - why?

Hi,

Sometimes it is all about what is available with what upgrades---condition and price---.

It is just like you are shopping for a car---you look around for 2 months---you buy one and after two weeks you want to see if you made the right deal---you find one $500 cheaper---

So---what are you gonna do---?

Back
Top Bottom