What's new

Mechanised Divisions Pakistan Army

These are not my numbers but taken from SIPRI data base and compiled in one place so as to give the reader ease of readability. SIPRI is the foremost source of transfer of military equipment the world over.

I have over the years, discussed military matters, with a number of my relatives who served in armed forces upto to flag rank and some of my subordinates too who retired at flag rank. One thing that came out very clearly over the years, they were very familiar with what they were using and what the enemy had, but all other things they were almost unaware of. Furthermore, with my little experience of military service, the armed forces tends to compartmentalize your learning and information for obvious reasons and one tends to specialize in ones area of expertise.

Revised supply position based upon input from all. Included M-39 Jacksons that i had missed out and T series light tanks. I have also added Wiki list and Global Security List based upon IISS research.

upload_2020-6-24_21-28-43.png

These are not my numbers but taken from SIPRI data base and compiled in one place so as to give the reader ease of readability. SIPRI is the foremost source of transfer of military equipment the world over.

I have over the years, discussed military matters, with a number of my relatives who served in armed forces upto to flag rank and some of my subordinates too who retired at flag rank. One thing that came out very clearly over the years, they were very familiar with what they were using and what the enemy had, but all other things they were almost unaware of. Furthermore, with my little experience of military service, the armed forces tends to compartmentalize your learning and information for obvious reasons and one tends to specialize in ones area of expertise.

Revised supply position based upon input from all. Included M-39 Jacksons that i had missed out and T series light tanks. I have also added Wiki list and Global Security List based upon IISS research.

View attachment 644344

Bhai, i believe there are still some figures that need revision. Let me find the right documents... They will surely facilitate you....

Bhai, i believe there are still some figures that need revision. Let me find the right documents... They will surely facilitate you....
Eagerly waiting for correction and update.

Btw some of the M 48/47 were sent to Iran for refurbishment which were never returned after the fall of Shah. So the totals might differ because of that.

Eagerly waiting for correction and update.

Btw some of the M 48/47 were sent to Iran for refurbishment which were never returned after the fall of Shah. So the totals might differ because of that.

Have we gotten compensation of those M 47/47's still in Iranian hands?
Honestly, this is news to me we have equipment that wasn't returned this could have helped our border forces.

Have we gotten compensation of those M 47/47's still in Iranian hands?
Honestly, this is news to me we have equipment that wasn't returned this could have helped our border forces.

Those tank were used in the Iran-Iraq war and were destroyed. We go compensation in the shape of parts for C-130's during Musharraf era.

Back
Top Bottom