What's new

Mechanised Divisions Pakistan Army

Thoughts on this video?
I believe @Dazzler has refuted most of these in depth:
1. Turret and Hull protection vs APFDS is not 400 and 300
2. ERA mounting in war time will be more comprehensive than on front of turret only
3. Commander does have thermals (Al Khalid has been Hunter-Killer from start)
etc
he can point you to the right resources.

Last edited:
I believe @Dazzler has refuted most of these in depth, he can point you to the right resources.

In some points the guy is right, especially when he talks about the ERA protection, Alkhalid lacks a proper cover of ERA, I am pointing out this for 20 years!

In some points the guy is right, especially when he talks about the ERA protection, Alkhalid lacks a proper cover of ERA, I am pointing out this for 20 years!
As @m52k85 said, during war time the ERA mounting will be more comprehensive.
Also @m52k85 will you provide the link of dazzlers post you talked about
Moreover,this YouTube guy seems to be russian and for him a t72 is better than abrams so don't take him seriously. Also his sources would be TOI or Eurasian times

For your second question, several Mech Divs have come up recently.
Dear, I know it but won't like to share for obvious reasons as you may understand.
Armor component of 11 Div has also been increased extensively.
Sir, without going into the Division numbers my question is where did we get the tank numbers from for this extensive mechanization?

Assuming the following based on formations that are known to be armoured :
1. Armoured Div: 7 tank regiments x 2 (6th and 1st)
2. Mech Div: 5 tank regiments x 2 (25th and 26th)
3. Ind Arm Brigade: 2 tank regiments x 9 (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan_Army#/media/File:Pakistan_Army_Structure.png)

That gives 42 regiments.

The tank numbers we have prior to VT-4 arrival:

1. AK-1: 2 (maybe even 1)
2. AK: 7
3: T-80s: 7
4. Type85: 7
5. Al Zarrar: max estimate 14

Thats a total of 37 tank regiments while we need 42 to fulfil the number plated divisions and brigades let alone secret ones.

Thanks.

Sir, without going into the Division numbers my question is where did we get the tank numbers from for this extensive mechanization?

Assuming the following based on formations that are known to be armoured :
1. Armoured Div: 7 tank regiments x 2 (6th and 1st)
2. Mech Div: 5 tank regiments x 2 (25th and 26th)
3. Ind Arm Brigade: 2 tank regiments x 9 (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan_Army#/media/File:Pakistan_Army_Structure.png)

That gives 42 regiments.

The tank numbers we have prior to VT-4 arrival:

1. AK-1: 2 (maybe even 1)
2. AK: 7
3: T-80s: 7
4. Type85: 7
5. Al Zarrar: max estimate 14

Thats a total of 37 tank regiments while we need 42 to fulfil the number plated divisions and brigades let alone secret ones.

Thanks.
The correct number of armour regiments is now more than 60....

The correct number of armour regiments is now more than 60....
That would mean more the 2,400 tanks. So do you mean apart from the 1,500 to 1,600 AKs, T-80s, Type85 and Al Zarrar the remaining 800 are older T59s and 69s? I thought those had been phased out to FC or put into storage.

Will there be any induction of shorter bridge layers ? also why did the PA choose a older North Benz chassis for the TATRA based AM-50 bridge layer replacement, while the chinese are currently exporting the same GQL-111 system on the basis of a more modern HOWO truck to different countries like ethiopia and equador recently.
1609696473070.png
1609696481680.png

Last edited:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom