What's new

Mechanised Divisions Pakistan Army

These are old ones. We are using Alcotan now.

Yes, I know, but seems the old ones are still in service with units in Lahore, and it's not a bad thing, they are enough to blow up Indian BMPs! That's positive sign opposite to the civilian institution for example Pakistan Railways in the army nothing gets wasted!

Yes, I know, but seems the old ones are still in service with units in Lahore, and it's not a bad thing, they are enough to blow up Indian BMPs! That's positive sign opposite to the civilian institution for example Pakistan Railways in the army nothing gets wasted!
Blindicides are not being used by the regular army or even reserve units. Probably they are with second line forces.

Are there any pics of SH-1 (not SH-15) or any high res pics of MRLS from recent exercises.

Last edited:
Where are most of our AKs deployed as i remember signalion once said that they are with inf divs if so what's the reason or did he meant mech inf divs. I think that they might be deployed in sindh as I've seen most if them there
Similarly what about type 85s
Also what about the mech div being raised in pano aqil. And which tanks are being used in mech inf divs

Last edited:
34ffeb359a192eb8174b6854643cc046.jpg
1b32a022c52c0c6255c2a32e580be34f.jpg

The question that puzzles me is that why have the LATs( apart from where 4×4 can not be used) been equipped with Apcs? Don't they lose their sole purpose of being small light and fast troops which can still pack a punch and wreak havoc. With the large M113s they are no more small and fast. They can't place ambushes as their signature would be greater. Moreover tanks can recognize and engage tank sized targets at a greater range than it can target infantry and jeeps.The only use of m113s in LATs would be that they would provide some protection against smaal arms fire while carrying the same number of launcher but it compromises the tactical advantage of them. The only difference bw HATs and LATs is of the atgm used which seems to be ridiculous. Infact the word "light" seems to be out of place.

The question that puzzles me is that why have the LATs( apart from where 4×4 can not be used) been equipped with Apcs? Don't they lose their sole purpose of being small light and fast troops which can still pack a punch and wreak havoc. With the large M113s they are no more small and fast. They can't place ambushes as their signature would be greater. Moreover tanks can recognize and engage tank sized targets at a greater range than it can target infantry and jeeps.The only use of m113s in LATs would be that they would provide some protection against smaal arms fire while carrying the same number of launcher but it compromises the tactical advantage of them. The only difference bw HATs and LATs is of the atgm used which seems to be ridiculous. Infact the word "light" seems to be out of place.
Dear, you have only defined the broad differences.... Otherwise, to be honest, c the amount of automatic firepower of LAT is still unmatched....

Back
Top Bottom