What's new

Mecca under threat: Outrage over plan to destroy the 'birthplace' of Prophet Mohamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ResurgentIran

Reaction score
Bulldozing the birthplace of Mohamed: Developers set to demolish building next to site of the Prophet's home to make way for imam's residence
  • Plans to demolish the birthplace of the Prophet Mohamed
  • Developers Saudi Binladin Group propose that it be razed to make way instead for the imam’s residence and an adjacent presidential palace
  • Kingdom's rulers deny the Prophet was born in the House of Mawlid

Bulldozing the birthplace of Mohammed: Developers set to demolish building next to site of the Prophet's home to make way for imam's residence | Mail Online

One of the comments I found interesting:

"As a Muslim I agree that there's an element of hypocrisy amongst Muslims when it comes to this. The Saudis have for over 90 years usurped the name of Islam in order to further their political agenda. This desecration of Islamic heritage is by no means a new one; they have previously destroyed ottoman mosques in the area.

If it had been a western power doing this there would be outrage in the Muslim world. Muslims lack the common sense to realise that just because these Saudis happen to come from the same region of the world as the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) that does not mean they are infallible and the sole representatives of Islam.

I'm waiting for the day that Muslims wake up from this blind servitude and realise that Islam is not owned by one man and his family."

Last edited:
He was born in Mecca? so are they demolishing Mecca? I don't understand the title of this news.

He was born in Mecca? so are they demolishing Mecca? I don't understand the title of this news.

Yes, we are going to build synagogues instead and palaces for Zionist gatherings with our evil cousins the Jews.

The destruction of holy sites in arabia is a Petty Issue for many muslims as they are influenced by wahabi ideology but It is a sad event for Civilized world that historic proofs of a civilization are being eliminated.

wahabis are just like christian who do not care of mishandling of their sacred sites in israel.

still majority of Muslims and particularly Pakistanis are much concerned about the destruction of sacred sites in Arabia.

Yes, we are going to build synagogues instead and palaces for Zionist gatherings with our evil cousins the Jews.

Can you also build a church next to the Synagogue? Its unfair only Jews get special treatment. What about million of Arab Christians?

Can you also build a church next to the Synagogue? Its unfair only Jews get special treatment. What about million of Arab Christians?

Yes, a Hindu temple next by for our South Asians friends as well so they can feel at home.

House not city.

The question is can anyone do anything about it? To me the house will be more of historical importance. Other cultures are trying to preserve their historical buildings for their future generations. The Saudis on the other hand are creating a new brand of Islam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom