What's new

MBDA MICA Missiles for JF17 Thunder potential possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, sorry for an immature question but what weapon suit does the block 1 Jf-17 offer?
these systems will be offered on the block 2 right...

Its good to have three types of BVR's i.e SD-10,Aim-120c5 and french one if one will lack in performance the others will make it up its always good to have multiple goodies , u can effectively target the enemy

But as far as the range is concerned that one has advantage over other n stuff i thnk with the current radar of jf-17 which is believe to have effective range of ~100km u cant expect jf-17 to utilize any missile upto 80-90 km not beyond that as its radar can detect aircraft within 100km of range yeah but in the case of new radar with more range it will b another story

u do realize that pilots only fire missile when the target is 1/3 of missile's range....so it doesn't really matter if the radar has a range of ~70km u can still fire 120+km range missile(if its compatible with the radar)

SD-10 is much batter with range 70km+ for thunder.

MICA has advantage coz of "lock-on after launch".

Any ways....my suggestions for JF-17 Block II

Short Range A-2-A
A-Darter \ IRIS-T
MBDA MICA
PL-9C
AIM-9L

Medium Range BVR A-2-A
PL-11
AIM-7 Sparrow
AIM-120 AMRAAM

Long Range BVR A-2-A
MBDA Meteor
PL-12 / SD-10

MICA has advantage coz of "lock-on after launch".

Any ways....my suggestions for JF-17 Block II

Short Range A-2-A
A-Darter \ IRIS-T
MBDA MICA
PL-9C
AIM-9L

Medium Range BVR A-2-A
PL-11
AIM-7 Sparrow
AIM-120 AMRAAM

Long Range BVR A-2-A
MBDA Meteor
PL-12 / SD-10

wat kind of a radar r u planning to use?!?!:lol:

u do realize that pilots only fire missile when the target is 1/3 of missile's range....so it doesn't really matter if the radar has a range of ~70km u can still fire 120+km range missile(if its compatible with the radar)

but when u cant detect an aircraft beyond 100km with a radar of range 100 km thn how can u utilize 120km range missile.i didn mean to say that u cant fire a missile with range of 120km or above i mean to say u cant use the whole range because of the radar limitations i.e if it can have an effective range of 100km will only detect within 100km thn how can u shoot an aircraft 120 or say 150 km away from u

but when u cant detect an aircraft beyond 100km with a radar of range 100 km thn how can u utilize 120km range missile.i didn mean to say that u cant fire a missile with range of 120km or above i mean to say u cant use the whole range because of the radar limitations i.e if it can have an effective range of 100km will only detect within 100km thn how can u shoot an aircraft 120 or say 150 km away from u

i dont think there is a missile(carried by an aircraft) that can shoot down a plane 120-150km away!!(head on might work though with a russian missile;))
back to topic, i agree, but i meant to say.........lets take ur example: a radar with 100km and a missile with 120km. suppose a target just got within 100km radius of ur radar, and therefore as a pilot u have to wait till it gets within atleast half of ur missile's range,(which is 60km) so basically u just need just need extra 40 km to track the target.
but i agree with u at certain limit!
and by the way nowdays missiles are "fire and forget" so basically once u fire ur missile u can leave the area...
hope u take it easy...

i dont think there is a missile(carried by an aircraft) that can shoot down a plane 120-150km away!!(head on might work though with a russian missile;))
back to topic, i agree, but i meant to say.........lets take ur example: a radar with 100km and a missile with 120km. suppose a target just got within 100km radius of ur radar, and therefore as a pilot u have to wait till it gets within atleast half of ur missile's range,(which is 60km) so basically u just need just need extra 40 km to track the target.
and by the way nowdays missiles are "fire and forget" so basically once u fire ur missile u can leave the area...
hope u take it easy...

Awacs to rescue

hope u take it easy...
If I can travel 100km it does not mean the only way I can travel that distance is in a straight line. I can travel in a 1km diameter circle for a total distance of 100km.

Likewise, it is not good practice to launch a missile at its maximum capable distance because you have no guarantees that the target will not maneuver. You must assume that the target will detect your missile and take maneuvers to evade. That will consume the missile's fuel and fuel affect distance. So it is better to launch the missile at less than its maximum capable distance to allow for maneuvering fuel.

hope u take it easy...

"by the way nowdays missiles are "fire and forget" so basically once u fire ur missile u can leave the area...
hope u take it easy"
Fire and forget doesnot mean u fire the missile and leave the area, If you are firing a long range missile then you need to provide mid-course updates for the missile's flight for the moving target.
Secondly, here comes the importance of Jammers and Good radar onboard the fighters on both the sides. A good ECM package on Target AC can fool your good missile if you are not having a very good radar onboard.
As long as Awacs are concerned for missile guidance. Once its a full intensity war then Awacs cannot be used for each missile guidance, they have other works onboard also.

French weapons are special , you click the button

"Fire" even with no target near by , the missile will be travelling and as soon as it seeks out a target that is not your own airforce bird ,

Its initiates a lock on by itself - and DOUBLE whammy on my enemy fighter ... there goes the 90 million dollar down the drain

What makes it extremely lethal is that our AWACs will enhance our vision by 4x6 times :P so these kind of weapon would be just like hitting ducks in barrel:toast_sign:

You can get 4x10 kills by these vs oridinary missiles. Big gigantor planes got no chance on manuvering out of the way did you see how FAST these destroyed the TARGETs

If I can travel 100km it does not mean the only way I can travel that distance is in a straight line. I can travel in a 1km diameter circle for a total distance of 100km.

Likewise, it is not good practice to launch a missile at its maximum capable distance because you have no guarantees that the target will not maneuver. You must assume that the target will detect your missile and take maneuvers to evade. That will consume the missile's fuel and fuel affect distance. So it is better to launch the missile at less than its maximum capable distance to allow for maneuvering fuel.

Very informative insight

French weapons are special , you click the button

"Fire" even with no target near by , the missile will be travelling and as soon as it seeks out a target that is not your own airforce bird ,

Its initiates a lock on by itself - and DOUBLE whammy on my enemy fighter ... there goes the 90 million dollar down the drain

What makes it extremely lethal is that our AWACs will enhance our vision by 4x6 times :P so these kind of weapon would be just like hitting ducks in barrel:toast_sign:

You can get 4x10 kills by these vs oridinary missiles. Big gigantor planes got no chance on manuvering out of the way did you see how FAST these destroyed the TARGETs

If AC radar donot play much role then why donot you fire an "Special Missle" with existing chineese radar onboard with the help of Awacs.
As long as manuvering is concerned, check the Aircraft capabilities first then see which will go in drain first.

What abt the French avinics for JF17.. Any news regarding RC-50 Radars..!

J17 Being such a modular plane , we can have 50 planes with chinese avionics, 100 with french weapons, and 200 more with AESA radar from britain

J17 Being such a modular plane , we can have 50 planes with chinese avionics, 100 with french weapons, and 200 more with AESA radar from britain

n then somebody pinched me n then i wake up from sleep
u wanted to say this next hainah:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom