What's new

‘Maverick’: Pakistani engineer designs meticulous wall-painting robot

https://ca.linkedin.com/in/hammadmirza

This project is truely Canadian. All of the members are immigrants. Its what India-Pakistan should have been. A good and productive team. We PDFers keep on fighting on India-Paksitan while real ethnic Pakistani and Indian scientists and engineers work hard together and achieve greatness.
fully agreed ..

Please update the title of this thread. The guy is a Canadian educated person of Pakistani ethnicity. Not Pakistani.

The newspaper article explicitly states that he is a "Pakistani-Canadian engineer". Unlike Indians, citizens of Pakistan can (and most do) retain Pakistani citizenship if they acquire the citizenship of another country. Canada is one of those officially recognized in Pakistan's legal system as a country whose citizenship can be acquired and maintained in parallel with Pakistan's.

Do you have any evidence that he has denounced his Pakistani citizenship and surrendered his passport? If he has not, he is a Pakistani by not just "ethnicity" as you say, but also by legal status.

Oh before I forget, you want to know the funniest part?
...[much crap flushed]
We PDFers keep on fighting on India-Paksitan

You just shot yourself in the foot.

The funniest part is not your attempt to downplay the significance of a Pakistani member of the engineering team by showing that there were also Indians on the same team, but the fact that you found the cheap attempt at point-scoring irresistible, and then scored an own goal by bemoaning how "We PDFers keep on fighting on India/Paksitan[sic]".

This is the moral equivalent of shooting someone dead because you came across a handgun and couldn't resist pulling the trigger, and then claiming that you are against gun violence. Hypocrisy, clearly, comes naturally to Indians.

The newspaper article explicitly states that he is a "Pakistani-Canadian engineer". Unlike Indians, citizens of Pakistan can (and most do) retain Pakistani citizenship if they acquire the citizenship of another country. Canada is one of those officially recognized in Pakistan's legal system as a country whose citizenship can be acquired and maintained in parallel with Pakistan's.

Do you have any evidence that he has denounced his Pakistani citizenship and surrendered his passport? If he has not, he is a Pakistani by not just "ethnicity" as you say, but also by legal status.
His facebook https://www.facebook.com/hammad.mirza.14 says his hometown being Mississauga Ontario. His education ENTIRELY is Canadian, from school to university. Which part of him seem to be Pakistani to you leaving the ethnicity? Heck there is a good possibility that the guy was born in Canada!

BTW, what makes you think his citizenship is acquired? Or what indication you or this news item has that the guy is carrying a Pakistani passport. But then, I digress, its not even about passport. Professionally and from an education point of view, the guy is 100% Canadian.

You just shot yourself in the foot.

The funniest part is not your attempt to downplay the significance of a Pakistani member of the engineering team by showing that there were also Indians on the same team, but the fact that you found the cheap attempt at point-scoring irresistible, and then scored an own goal by bemoaning how "We PDFers keep on fighting on India/Paksitan[sic]".

This is the moral equivalent of shooting someone dead because you came across a handgun and couldn't resist pulling the trigger, and then claiming that you are against gun violence. Hypocrisy, clearly, comes naturally to Indians.
Where did I downplay his significance? Also, name one fact that I have misrepresented. If anyone, it is the news item that casually forgot to mention the details of the team while focusing solely on one member! Or the fact that this team is quite an example of how ethnicity or historical bad-blood is no bound for friendship and partnership among new generation.

Also, is that not a fact that India-Pakistan mud-slinging is what happens most in almost all of PDF threads?

In fact, look at yourself. What you are doing with the statements like
Hypocrisy, clearly, comes naturally to Indians.
Also, what part of you thinks that I am an Indian? As in Indian citizen or educated in India? If there is anyone who is morally bankrupt then it is you for making sweeping generalizations! (And no; I do not extend 'you' to whole of Pakistan, before you even ask.)

Last edited:
Which part of him seem to be Pakistani to you leaving the ethnicity?

Once again, the newspaper clearly mentioned that he is a Pakistani-Canadian engineer. One can safely conclude the following:

1. The newspaper did not create fake news about the engineering project, as it can be verified by other sources that you yourself have researched and posted here (LinkedIn, Facebook profiles for the person in question, plus the project's own website)

2. The newspaper interviewed him, as explicitly mentioned in their report - the specific quote is this: "We believe that the home painter industry is ripe for disruption ... Hammad told Daily Pakistan". Clearly, they arrived at the conclusion that he is Pakistani-Canadian after having talked to him, rather than just by inspecting his social media accounts.

The burden of proof to demonstrate that the newspaper lied or exaggerated is entirely yours, as you are the one who asked for the title thread to be updated because the person is, and you asserted this with cocksure certainty, a "Canadian educated person of Pakistani ethnicity. Not Pakistani".

I am here to establish the truth. If you are right and the newspaper is wrong, then so be it. The newspaper's credibility would vanish in an instant.

BTW, what makes you think his citizenship is acquired? Or what indication you or this news item has that the guy is carrying a Pakistani passport. But then, I digress, its not even about passport. Professionally and from an education point of view, the guy is 100% Canadian.

Read the newspaper report carefully again, and come up with verifiable evidence that nullifies the "Pakistani-Canadian" part, rather than fudging the issue with your wild theories about what he may or may not be.

Where did I downplay his significance?

Do you think that people on this forum are fools and cannot figure out mala fide intent when it is presented in seemingly innocuous statements such as "Oh before I forget, you want to know the funniest part?"

You could, of course, have chosen to state the fact that there were other members on the team tactfully, rather than turning it into a silly game of one-upmanship.

If anyone, it is the news item that casually forgot to mention the details of the team while focusing solely on one member!

No they did not. The article clearly mentions "four team members of MIST (Mobile Intelligent Spraying Technologies)". And newspapers write with an audience in mind. With a title like "Daily Pakistan Global", do you think they would do themselves, their intended audience or their advertisers any favors by writing about Indian team members?

What you are doing with the statements like Hypocrisy, clearly, comes naturally to Indians.

Just showing you the mirror.

Also, what part of you thinks that I am an Indian? As in Indian citizen or educated in India?

A quick application of abductive reasoning applied to your posting history give reasonable grounds to infer that you are of Indian origin, as the most probable explanation.

Of course, it helps to have the following confession in support of said inference (link):
That way, I have about CAD 400K invested in Indian farm-lands. I have agreements with my relatives over sharing of the produce and proceeds from the sales. Now, someone can argue that its very common for land being grabbed in India or Indian government to over-take farmer's land or RSS goons to capture minorities money. Nothing of that sort ever happened to me and I pay no heed to the warning of those who have not even lived in the damn place. I know the people and the country well enough to know where my money will be safe.

I rest my case.

Once again, the newspaper clearly mentioned that he is a Pakistani-Canadian engineer. One can safely conclude the following:
Then why did they forget to mention it in the headline? Why to state something else in the headline and then mention something else in the body?
We know why though. Because they are catering to Pakistanis. They want to project a person as Pakistani even though his only connection to Pakistan is that of ethnicity and his professional and academic achievements have nothing to do with Pakistan.

Care to explain how the heading of article can be "Pakistani Engineer designs meticulous wall-painting robot technology" and why not "Canadian-Pakistani or Pakistani-origin engineer ....". It is clear there is an agenda at work here and the news article has been less than honest.

Once again, can I dare you to answer to this : What is Pakistani about this person as far as his education and professional achievement go? Heck he does not even think that his home town is in Pakistan! The Pakistani narrative has been shoe-horned by the news paper.

Please don't beat around the bush and address this central point of my objection.

No they did not. The article clearly mentions "four team members of MIST (Mobile Intelligent Spraying Technologies)". And newspapers write with an audience in mind. With a title like "Daily Pakistan Global", do you think they would do themselves, their intended audience or their advertisers any favors by writing about Indian team members?

A news article is supposed to report facts and truth. This one certainly adjusted facts to suite a narrative.

Do you think that people on this forum are fools and cannot figure out mala fide intent when it is presented in seemingly innocuous statements such as "Oh before I forget, you want to know the funniest part?"

You could, of course, have chosen to state the fact that there were other members on the team tactfully, rather than turning it into a silly game of one-upmanship.
I don't think the people of this forum in general are fool but I know that you for one person are trying to fool them.

I repeat, did I mis-represent facts? I don't think so! The news item surely suppressed and mis-represented the facts.

Again, do not beat around the bush and talk about the facts. Also, stop putting words in my mouth. I never did any one-upmanship. You are just being a dishonest person.

I didn't claim anything more that what is the fact. The fact is that the guy is in team with other immigrants, mostly from India. A truely Canadian team! An excellent example of what is the polar opposite of what we see here, you being the prime example of it. Refute it, I dare you.

A quick application of abductive reasoning applied to your posting history give reasonable grounds to infer that you are of Indian origin, as the most probable explanation.
My family is of Indian-origin alright but I am neither a Indian national NOR educated in India. You are just doing a sweeping generalization. Similar to what that article did. Assuming a Pakistani-origin person to be Pakistani. An unwarranted assumption.

The burden of proof to demonstrate that the newspaper lied or exaggerated is entirely yours, as you are the one who asked for the title thread to be updated because the person is, and you asserted this with cocksure certainty, a "Canadian educated person of Pakistani ethnicity. Not Pakistani".
It was not I who wrote the head line. "Pakistani engineer ....". The guy is NOT a Pakistani engineer. He was neither trained in Pakistani nor he executed the project in Pakistan. The burden of proof is on the one who is claiming him to be a Pakistani Engineer. He is a Canadian-Pakistani, as the article later confesses. It is just sensationalism on the part of author, writing a catchy headline to cater to their base while distorting the facts.

I also rest my case about your duplicity.

Then why did they forget to mention it in the headline?

So now it's down to the newspaper's headline that you have an issue with, is it?

The rest of your response is just mindless drivel that is unworthy of a civil response.
You are clearly not in this debate to learn, or to contribute constructively, but to score points.
That being the case, it is pointless to engage you further unless you can produce evidence to support your original assertion.

Goodbye. Enjoy the weather in Vancouver.

So now it's down to the newspaper's headline that you have an issue with, is it?

Did you even read my first post?
Please update the title of this thread. The guy is a Canadian educated person of Pakistani ethnicity. Not Pakistani.

The rest of your response is just mindless drivel that is unworthy of a civil response.
Obviously to you it will be unworthy of any response because you don't have one. And if you expect a civil response, stop calling people with all-sorts of names at the first blush.

You are clearly not in this debate to learn, or to contribute constructively, but to score points.
I brought facts on the table. What did you bring? Nothing but rhetorics and theatrics. Basic of any debate are the facts. You didn't bring any.

Goodbye. Enjoy the weather in Vancouver.
Oh I have been enjoying Vancouver since I was born. Thanks you very much and good bye.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom