What's new

Massive floods across Pakistan | Thousands Killed

Good news.

Good to know they are all going to be heavy choppers not Black Hawks or UH-1s.
CH-46_Sea_Knight_on_USS_Saipan.jpg

CH-53_Super_Stallion.jpg

MH-53-Sea-Dragon-helicopter-068.preview.jpg

image of Pakistan has taken a beating....

author righftully mentions the apathy of zardari, who preferred to give propping his son's political career a higher priority while people in northern areas lost their homes and all possesions

Swat is especially a tragedy because the people were displaced by war but had returned to their homes, and life had completely returned to normal there before this flood happened

Well zardari could finance some choppers out of his personal account..atleast the fuel for choppers.

The death toll of this natural disaster is going to be far worse than any disaster recorded. Why is the death toll so low? Simply because the floods are still active and the people haven't had a chance to retrieve the bodies.

To give you guys an idea about the future death toll, I asked a guy in Kalaant, Nowshera about a massive lake of flood water which was visible from the village. I quote "This used to be a village with about 20,000 people. We have no clue where they are or where their bodies are but its safe to say that pretty much the entire village was wiped out".

That's the story from just a SINGLE village. Thousands and thousands of villages have been devoured by this ongoing flood. Use your imagination and its going to be a terrifying thought.

I totally agree with you, apparently hundreds of villages been wiped out, death list wud obviously will be more then a million

Good... but two helicopters are too little too late
Why can't US commit more helicopters?
I think some motor boats could be handy, too.

2? I read 19
"The two aircraft are the first of 19 extra helicopters that US Defence Secretary Robert Gates urgently ordered to Pakistan on Wednesday"

Good to know that the US will always be there to save us with what we need, and not the people we elect. Quite a significant amount of time has passed, hundreds and hundreds are dead and millions are displaced but the government could still not lease or charter aircraft to help the poor and had to wait for "MUFT KA MADAT"

:usflag:

Pak Army forms bases for flood victims

RAWALPINDI: The Pakistan Army Special Support Group (SSG) has established bases at various stations to regulate the relief goods to flood stricken areas.

According to an ISPR release, all organizations/persons may deposit relief goods at any of these Relief Centres: Malir, Karachi; Hyderabad; Sukkur; Quetta; Pano Aqil; Rahim Yar Khan; Multan; Fortress Stadium, Lahore; Gujranwala Cantt.; Chaklala, Rawalpindi; Abbottabad; Basham; Tarbela; Nowshera, and Peshawar.

Donations in cash can be deposited to the Army Relief Fund, Askari Bank Limited, General Headquarters Branch, Rawalpindi. Account number: 0028010121825-8. SAMAA

.:: SAMAA - Pak Army forms bases for flood victims

6 already here, 4 Chinooks & 2 Black Hawks.

These 6 will get replaced with the approx 19 helicopters on an amphibious ship at sea near Karachi.

Even those 6 provided have done an excellent job, and they would be missed in Afghanistan, thus they will go back to Afghanistan, and these new 19 would take their place.

well our president rich enough to buy and devote 10 helicopters from USA chnkooks or black hawks easily on his own but still he is counting on aid relief we overseas pakistani from all over the world if send 10 dollars each we dont need anu help from outside well im ready to do what im saying and i will send more than 10 dollars to PM relief fund

Back
Top Bottom