What's new

Massive floods across Pakistan | Thousands Killed

I didn't even exaggerate but since that is a product of your assumption of I am always over-critical of the military, then let's just cut to the chase.

Trip was something like b/w July 29 and Aug 2 and the floods had hit by then and relief efforts had already started. It was an Mi-17 being used for sightseeing. Sorry for the pics.

Trying hard to hide the weakness of corrupt and non organized government.
When PM went to see sightseeing at Air Blue site the rescue work had to be stopped or where was PM helicopter at that time of need?

They can have atleast few dozen baots sitting around ? no big cost ?

There is something known as (a document) "FLOOD RELIEF SCHEME" in the Army which forms the basis of all the relief work when the time comes. The Scheme includes the detailed working of the military machinery, the do's and dont's, the SOPs, the priorities, the details regarding the assistance that can be available from the civilian establishment, the contacts etc etc.

The Schemes are well prepared and often rehearsed. But then not all of the Army has such Schemes at their disposal, as over the past 6 decades we have identified the areas that are prone to flooding and only those formation in whose AOR these area fall would prepare such Schemes.

Boats, helis, ropes, excavators etc etc are held with these formations at all times and are kept in working condition. These are not left to chance, but then this time it was not one particular area that was struck by floods but almost all of Pakistan, though this didnt imply that we were late in responding or didnt do much.

So as point out by Bezerki, the actual problem is not the non availability of helis, but the less quantities of these force-multipliers.

I didn't even exaggerate but since that is a product of your assumption of I am always over-critical of the military, then let's just cut to the chase.

^^ There is no need to assume when certain realities shout out.

Trip was something like b/w July 29 and Aug 2 and the floods had hit by then and relief efforts had already started. It was an Mi-17 being used for sightseeing. Sorry for the pics.

If that was the case then i feel pity (especially on myself). This is just so wrong. i would condemn this not because that this particular MI-17 could have been used for the relief operations (as this one may be the one 'exempted' for other routine tasks), but i would do so that it was a clear volition of military (aviation) regulations which strictly forbids traveling of civilians (families of military personnel) on helis, though the same can be done on C-130s.

On the contrary, i know of a senior officer (i can quote a few more) being taken to task who traveled to a certain place 'A' (on duty) by road with his son and when he was due back, a heli that was transporting another senior officer (coming back from recce), made a refueling stop at place 'A' and it picked up this officer and his son. And the next day the things were not so pleasant for both the officers.

raining in karachi
ya ALLAH REHM

The low level of air travels from south to north during this time of year so all this rain will end up in river Indus and too bad no big dams to divert that water too, a big dam could have saved Nowshera ( the most important Pak Army base )

The low level of air travels from south to north during this time of year so all this rain will end up in river Indus and too bad no big dams to divert that water too, a big dam could have saved Nowshera ( the most important Pak Army base )

I agree to your thoughts that one big dam either upstream or downstream could have saved Nowshera but I heard an ANP guy saying that their point is proved that if there was a dam at Kalabagh flood would have been more severe. But in my opinion there would have been a great space for accommodating flood water which could be discharged in a controlled manner.

Logo aqal karo aur apnay faiday aur nuksaan ko pehchano.
:pakistan::pakistan:

Issue an RFP for 150 MRCA's or six submarines and watch them wallow in Pakistan's 'nalli's'...

All this because you think they gave less aid than deserved (?????)!

If you had the money for that kind of MRCA order, would you still want aid from them?

I think as a factor of GDP its not much less than what the "higher and deeper" friend has offered. Any comments on that?

PM taking aerial view is different from citizens going around traveling on state money. All state officials have traveled to the relief efforts in their helicopters. They are kept for their travel because they need to get to places fast. I have no problem with any state official given helicopters for their official and/or personal travel using the services. Giving them for relief efforts would be a positive move though.

Don't try to scratch the surface of the argument.

Ask the flood victims. These soldiers are the saints, when they sing, “The saints are coming.”

1-3.jpg

1 - Because each soldier of the Pakistan Army has a million proud mothers across the country to pray for his safety.

A single pic tells you 100,000s emotional stories. Look at the elderly face - how happy and releifed she is. Very emotional stuff.

May Allah swt bless Pak Army more with courage and passion, they are truly angels sent by Allah swt from the skies to help these griefed and miseralbe people. Thank you Pak Army Thank you Allah swt.

Pakistan Zindabad
Pak Army Zindabad

:pakistan:

In order to show solidarity with Pakistani people and strengthen relationship between Armed Forces of Pakistan & China, Peoples Liberation Army has released the military material aid worth 10 million Yuan to Joint Staff Headquarters to be used by Armed Forces of Pakistan for flood relief operations.
ISPR

Thank You Turky
Thanks PAF doing your deuty to saving lifes of brothers and sisters great work proude of you

where the hell talbian gone now they want law and blah blah blah and now hiding in the time of need. it is only PAK forces can do this no one else

Back
Top Bottom