What's new

Mass shooting in Norway leaves multiple casualties

Zaniar Matapour (42) is charged with terrorist act, murder and attempted murder​

7CD5236A-E465-4B75-B4CE-1FB69E8DD8D6.jpeg

Came to Norway from Iran as a 12-year-old and has previously been convicted.

06/25/22 12:26 PM06/25/22 14:24
Farid Ighoubah

A 42-year-old man is charged with terrorist act, two murders and several attempted murders. It was the night before Saturday that he struck in the middle of central Oslo, among other things against a nightclub for gays, the London Pub.
The man charged is Zaniar Matapour.
It is currently unknown how he will respond to the accusation, but he has had the star lawyer John Christian Eldenappointed .
BACKGROUND: Two people killed in a shooting in central Oslo - one man arrested

Here, accused Zaniar Matapour is arrested at the London pub
_nett_logo.png
00:24

Did not complete high school​

According to publicly available information, the man is a Norwegian citizen, but born in Iran. The man is said to live in the center of Oslo and is known to the Police Security Service (PST) from before.
The man is from Iran of Kurdish parents and came to Bergen as a refugee in 1991 when he was 12 years old. Two years later, in 1993, he and his family moved to Ammerud in Oslo, where he completed upper secondary school and then started at Stovner upper secondary school.
He is not said to have completed high school, but explained in court that he took some subjects at another high school at a later date.
Read also: The king of mass shooting in Oslo
"The accused has explained that he used some medication in his youth and that he played some basketball and played martial arts. He has explained that for some years he worked as an unskilled plumber " , it is stated in the judgment.
The police believe that the aim of the action has been to spread fear in the population and that the actions are about hate crime. The killings and terrorist attack took place in the middle of Pride and Saturday was the big day for the celebration.
Read also: This is what the police say about the man accused of terrorism

SKYTEDRAMA: Store politistyrker er på stedet i Oslo sentrum natt til lørdag.

SKYTEDRAMA: Store politistyrker er på stedet i Oslo sentrum natt til lørdag. Foto: Farid Ighoubah / Nettavisen

The court: Was impossible to find​

The 42-year-old, who turns 43 on Sunday, has previously been convicted, among other things for drug crimes. In February 2016, he was sentenced to 120 days in prison, of which 90 were to be made conditional. He was sentenced for possession of 100 grams of cocaine.
The circumstances in the judgment from 2016 took place in 2007. The judgment states that Matapour has had mental problems, which other court decisions also point out.
Read also: Two killed outside gay nightclub in Oslo: - This shows that we must have an even bigger pride celebration
It is clear from the verdict that he received a large penalty discount due to the time that had elapsed because he could not be found.
"(...) most of the time is due to the fact that the accused has been impossible to find."
Court documents show that Matapour has previously been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. A later judgment, from 2021, states:
"Disability benefit was applied for in 2009. Documentation from the GP showed that the father had little contact with the doctor from December 2009, until August 2013. According to doctor's statements from August and October 2013, he struggles to account for his own circumstances and is easily agitated when the doctor requests information. "
The man was granted disability benefits through Nav.
Read also: Two killed in central Oslo: Police tell about the operation

Convicted of aggravated assault​

The verdict also shows that he Matapour has had mental problems for several years. An application for a disability pension in 2005 revealed that he had had PTSD, delusions and difficulty concentrating for a long time.
The man has also been convicted in a minor case in September 2020, for carrying a knife in a public place. The sentence was a fine of 12,000 kroner.
Back in 1999, Matapour received his first verdict in Oslo District Court. Here he was sentenced to ten months in prison after being involved in a stabbing at a nightclub in connection with a school ball. He was himself a student at Stovner High School at this time.
According to VG , he was acquitted of the main charges when the appeal went to the Court of Appeal in 2000. The court did not find it proven that he was the one who carried the knife, but he was sentenced to 30 days in prison for beatings and kicks, which the court described as gross street violence.
As recently as 2019, Matapour was charged with attempted murder and aggravated illegal possession of a firearm. The arrest took place on July 31 this year.
But the district court found that there was no basis for imprisoning him and he was released. The decision was appealed to the Borgarting Court of Appeal, which also decided to release him.
The prosecution thought his history was enough to establish good reason for suspicion, but was not heard.
The ruling from the Court of Appeal states, among other things:
"The prosecuting authority claims that there are concrete indications that the accused has had a motive and history with the offended which means that there is good reason to suspect the case. Previous cases show that the accused has access to weapons, and that he has exposed the offended to threatening and frightening episodes in the past. "

It's not truth?

Do you know a country with a better welfare spending in this planet than Norway? Tell me.

Not much information on the suspect. That's not making me draw any conclusions at all.

Lone gunman goes on a shooting rampage. Pride starts in Norway today. How coincidental...

Jog on troll

It's not a coincidence, it's likely a hate crime against LGTB community, likely by a repressed homosexual due to religious/cultural beliefs.

The most homophobic men are often repressed homosexuals due to religious/cultural reasons.

And moreover, a mental illness is likely too.

Sad to say this. but western Muslim people with psyquiatric history must be carefully watched by the police. They are easy to trigger in these kind of attacks, just reading propaganda in internet and incitement.

Last edited:
OSLO, June 25 (Reuters)-A suspect, a 42-year-old Norwegian citizen of Iranian origin, was detained minutes after, according to police who said they believed he acted alone. Two weapons, including a fully automatic gun, were retrieved from the crime scene, they added.
ab67616d00001e02950359444321d635b59838b3.jpeg

The guy was a refugee in Pakistan for 2 years before he migrated to Norway with his family.

It's not a coincidence, it's likely a hate crime against LGTB community, likely by a repressed homosexual due to religious/cultural beliefs.

At the moment there is really no proof of that.

The most homophobic men are often repressed homosexuals due to religious/cultural reasons.

Dont know about that but research proves that most people feel a mix of disgust, anger and aversion when they are shown pictures of men kissing.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/325864016_We're_Disgusted_With_Queers_not_Fearful_of_Them_The_Interrelationships_Among_Disgust_Gay_Men's_Sexual_Behavior_and_Homonegativity

At the moment there is really no proof of that.

Dont know about that but research proves that most people feel a mix of disgust, anger and aversion when they are shown pictures of men kissing.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/325864016_We're_Disgusted_With_Queers_not_Fearful_of_Them_The_Interrelationships_Among_Disgust_Gay_Men's_Sexual_Behavior_and_Homonegativity

Only voyeur people enjoy watch other people kissing, no matter if they are straight or gay.

You are talking that is a coincidence that the terrorist is Kurdish from Iran, a traditional society, where homosexuality is repressed.

I think you are wrong :enjoy:.

The most of atheist westerners dont give a fck about sexual orientation and dont hate gays. Jokes is the more "homophobic" that I've seen.

Religious nutjobs, specially repressed homosexuals, are the only one people who hate homosexuality, some of them.

The most of atheist westerners dont give a fck about sexual orientation and dont hate gays. Jokes is the more "homophobic" that I've seen.

Religious nutjobs, specially repressed homosexuals, are the only one people who hate homosexuality, some of them.

lol

its not me you have to debate with. debate with the authors of those article. I dont care if you or anybody is gay. I usually just move my gaze gently away and try to forget what i observe and move on with my life.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom