What's new

Mass protest convention in Kolkata against Bangladesh Government

A dangerous connivance - The Hindu

Even though Mamta has problem with left front,it is unwise for a state government to indulge in anti-national activity which would have international ramifications.

Mamta seem to have declared war over sheikh hasina government to nurture her vote bank and to fulfill her personal grudge.

@fateh71 @Loki @ShadowFaux @Vinod2070 @kalu_miah @idune @Porbot @BDforever

But Mamta won't budge on Teesta too, reconcile that.

Abt the rally description, well its a pro-jamaati rally, its not a pro-jamaati rally if its not rabid.
@doublemaster, help me understand this support of war criminals and those who fought Indian army.

Last edited by a moderator:
as far as I know mamata and hasina were in very good terms at least a year back. hasina was among the first to congratulate mamata after her win. it's left front who had been cold to bangladesh, if it is not for jyoti basu who was born in East Bengal, farakka deal would never have signed.

hasina in fact accepted an honorary doctorate from calcutta university a while ago, so what's this bull about hasina not allowed in Kolkata.

and as I have said earlier, majority of Kolkata Muslims are urdu speakers and many of them are north Indian Muslims who migrated back from bd after mukti defeated pa, it's natural for them to sympathise with urdu speakers of bd. but it's unwise to generalise them and call them traitor. consider miraz bogra, he off course support the urdu speaking fraternity of bd, but he still is one of my favourite poster in pdf.

But Mamta won't budge on Teesta too, reconcile that.

Abt the rally description, well its a pro-jamaati rally, its not a pro-jamaati rally if its not rabid.
@doublemaster, help me understand this support of war criminals and those who fought Indian army.

Apply same logic to kashmir issue. Pakistan is supporting those separatists who want to break kashmir from India. Tell me honestly what Jamat did that time is not correct? They fought for their country not to break. Decision to send army to break pakistan was surely against justice. Since those separatists succeeded in their agenda (one of the reason is India support) people who did not want their country to break become war criminals.

How R they traitors?:cheesy: What right do U have to uproot muslims from their ancestral home land? Muslims in India will soon grow on to a vast minority and then a majority. They should stay in India and contribute to safeguarding the rights of muslims in India and win over the hearts and minds of non-muslims through wisdom and beautiful preaching. :azn:

As for BD hindus, well Hindus have been migrating to India since 47. I am neither against or for it as being a Muslim I can't tell a Hindu to leave BD. Its up to them , what they want to do ,as BD is always safe for them to lead a prosperous life. We muslims respect the rights of our minorities and safeguard them. :)

I'm afraid, but ur ancestors dint think like that.......in fact their idealism was quite the opposite.

It's one thing, if muslims staying in India said those words, but coming from the people, who out of fear, wanted a seperate country, is just hilarious....... :lol:

Apply same logic to kashmir issue. Pakistan is supporting those separatists who want to break kashmir from India. Tell me honestly what Jamat did that time is not correct? They fought for their country not to break. Decision to send army to break pakistan was surely against justice. Since those separatists succeeded in their agenda (one of the reason is India support) people who did not want their country to break become war criminals.

1 Differentiate between vanquished and war criminals. Are you in denial about the 1971 war crimes? War crimes need to be tried, in any case thats NOT an indian concern either way, right?

2 Jamat fought for pakistan, against India. Why are these people supporting those who fought for pakistan? What has that to do with India or indian muslims? What do you want other indians to think of those indians who support those who fought against indian army AND are rabid anti-indian to this date?

Mind you I support their right to hold that rally. But these maududi supporters are clearly willing to let their religious supremacism override their basic duties as an indian - support India. These people should not expect anything from India in return.

No, they became war criminals due to their support for and complicity in the genocide of 3 million and rapes of 200,000 women.

As vinod has said, jamat is notorious for their overt support to Pakistani army which carried out atrocities of unprecedented measure.

according to some independent analysts jamat and it's offsprings – al badr, rajakars etc did more damage than PA managed to do themselves.

So the jamat-e-islami-hind shares it's ideology with it's pakistani and BD counterparts

1 Differentiate between vanquished and war criminals. Are you in denial about the 1971 war crimes? War crimes need to be tried, in any case thats NOT an indian concern either way, right?

Jamat fought for pakistan, against India. Why are these people supporting those who fought for pakistan? What has that to do with India or indian muslims? What do you want other indians to think of those indians who support those who fought against indian army AND are rabid anti-indian to this date?

Mind you I support their right to hold that rally. But these maududi supporters are clearly willing to let their religious supremacism override their basic duties as an indian - support India. These people should not expect anything from India in return.

2. LTTE which fot against Indian army and even killed our PM. Still enjoys lot of support from our people. And that too they were separatists (Where as Jamatis there played different role), When i asked some Indian supporters of LTTE that why are they supporting a org which killed our PM some one here said, its Rajiv gandhi fault that he sent peace keeping army there. I consider what Rajiv gandhi did is 'NOT WRONG' because he tried to help a country not to break.
Now,
Jamatis fot for pakistan which was their country at that time, It was Indira unjust intervention which tried to break a country. Naturally Jamatis for for their country which happens to be Pakistan. I mean they did not fight for any third country against India. They just fot for their own country.
Brother national interest and justice are very important things some times national interest can go against justice but i don't support it. When you support National interest against justice you will never be able to question "enemy nations interest".

Compare LTTE supporters and Jamati supporters. People dont think LTTE supporters as traitors even though they were clearly in wrong side. Even if some one thinkgs LTTE is right to fight against SL still they fought our army plus they killed our PM still enjoys popular support.

Those maudid supporters are just supporting those Jamati counter part because they think them as innocent and political victims. Every Jamati of India know what jamat-e-islami teaches, preaches. Surely they can not rape. Whatever rape happened that time could be by some one else who supported pakistan or it could be a propaganda. But surely it can not be from Jamatis. There are plenty of books available by Jamatis which says rape is a crime punishable to death. You may accept it or deny it but this is the only reason they are rallying.

You should also note that their rally is not a support for every view jamat-e-islami bangladesh has. It is just against their death penalty. You should not mix this with some other things. For example there are few pakistanis who raised voice for Hindus of pakistanis many Indians (including me) suport their views but in the same time he could be supporting pakistani view of kashmir.

2. LTTE which fot against Indian army and even killed our PM. Still enjoys lot of support from our people. And that too they were separatists (Where as Jamatis there played different role), When i asked some Indian supporters of LTTE that why are they supporting a org which killed our PM some one here said, its Rajiv gandhi fault that he sent peace keeping army there. I consider what Rajiv gandhi did is 'NOT WRONG' because he tried to help a country not to break.
Now,
Jamatis fot for pakistan which was their country at that time, It was Indira unjust intervention which tried to break a country. Naturally Jamatis for for their country which happens to be Pakistan. I mean they did not fight for any third country against India. They just fot for their own country.
Brother national interest and justice are very important things some times national interest can go against justice but i don't support it. When you support National interest against justice you will never be able to question "enemy nations interest".

Compare LTTE supporters and Jamati supporters. People dont think LTTE supporters as traitors even though they were clearly in wrong side. Even if some one thinkgs LTTE is right to fight against SL still they fought our army plus they killed our PM still enjoys popular support.

Those maudid supporters are just supporting those Jamati counter part because they think them as innocent and political victims. Every Jamati of India know what jamat-e-islami teaches, preaches. Surely they can not rape. Whatever rape happened that time could be by some one else who supported pakistan or it could be a propaganda. But surely it can not be from Jamatis. There are plenty of books available by Jamatis which says rape is a crime punishable to death. You may accept it or deny it but this is the only reason they are rallying.

You should also note that their rally is not a support for every view jamat-e-islami bangladesh has. It is just against their death penalty. You should not mix this with some other things. For example there are few pakistanis who raised voice for Hindus of pakistanis many Indians (including me) suport their views but in the same time he could be supporting pakistani view of kashmir.

Fair enough. I however disagree on Maududi's views, I think its poison. Also evidence of rapes and other attrocities at an unparallel rate is very strong and recorded by even western sources who were 100% behind pakistan that time. Theory is one thing, what happens in war is another.

Also, Í haven't seen anyone supporting LTTE, surely many support Tamilian issue in SL. However, its my view that the issue is a foreign issue to India and any stand that goes against India in favor of a foreign issue should be questioned. However pls note after LTTE went anti-India and fully after Rajeev's assassination, Tamils in India abandoned LTTE. They have largely refrained from crossing the red line.

I think religious bodies in WB should also refrain from it, being one of the most backward communities in India, they have other more important issues to focus on.

A dangerous connivance - The Hindu

Even though Mamta has problem with left front,it is unwise for a state government to indulge in anti-national activity which would have international ramifications.

Mamta seem to have declared war over sheikh hasina government to nurture her vote bank and to fulfill her personal grudge.

Appears to be vote bank politics :lol:

And why would Mamta declare war against Hasina government? Anyhow, if she really is, then she should be happy that Hasina is facing the most difficult time in her entire political career at present. An army of angry mullahs marching toward the prime minister's office doesn't exactly send happy signals.

What Jamaat-e-Hind does hardly matters to whatever is happening in Bangladesh. However, disallowing those people to express support for the war crimes trial in front of the Bangladesh high commission was a bit too much.

Mamata and GOI are all the same. There is no grey line between them when it comes to Indian hegemonic interests. I suggest Indians not make epic clowns out of themselves trying to portray that kind/selfless GOI is fighting an evil mamata to aid BD. Stop the chanakyan farts please @anonymus @fateh71. Awami dalal scums are poodles to both GOI and mamata.

Back
Top Bottom