What's new

mass production type99A2

113650_52416322_img_6_23211_1.jpg

That's the Russian T-90 Vladimir

Well, there is tungsten, but it's more expensive. The Leo 2 uses it.
Tungsten tipped penetrators do not outperform DU rounds. Depending on the opponent. I would fully support the use of DU rounds against Vietnamese and Japanese.

Several insiders had already explained why there would be no futher development in 150mm gun already. It would take up much more space inside the tight quarters of the tank, reducing the ammunitions that can be carried. At the moment, 125mm gun is adequate against existing targets. Unless there is significant breakthrough in armor technology in the near future, modern MBTs have achieved their maximum protection potential. The focus now is improving network capability as well as active defence system.

Did these insiders mention anything along the lines of a CSU-152 tank?

Nope, just this one. Also they had a good laugh about South Korea and Japan's new tanks.

Interesting ... have you read J'ane's article on the CSU-152?

It gave a pretty long description, and if you ask me, I'd say is a very reliable source; people have to pay in order to get the full subscription.

It summed that the CSU-152 is supposed to be the world's most powerful vehicle in its category, supposedly uses depleted uranium armor, etc.

http://articles. j a n e s .com/articles/-Armour-and-Artillery/Chinese-CSU-152-MBT-China.html

Interesting ... have you read J'ane's article on the CSU-152?

It gave a pretty long description, and if you ask me, I'd say is a very reliable source; people have to pay in order to get the full subscription.

It summed that the CSU-152 is supposed to be the world's most powerful vehicle in its category, supposedly uses depleted uranium armor, etc.

http://articles. j a n e s .com/articles/-Armour-and-Artillery/Chinese-CSU-152-MBT-China.html
JA-Nes has been full of sh*t since early 2000's with anything regarding China. Internet rumor is more reliable. There is no DU plate in the composition of Type 99A2. Just because it is a subscription based service, does not mean "reliable".

My advice to you, stop depending on these questionable sources and actually go check the posts in CD. Plenty of information from insiders.

JA-Nes has been full of sh*t since early 2000's with anything regarding China. Internet rumor is more reliable. There is no DU plate in the composition of Type 99A2. Just because it is a subscription based service, does not mean "reliable".

My advice to you, stop depending on these questionable sources and actually go check the posts in CD. Plenty of information from insiders.

Thing is, since I do not read or write Chinese, these sources are all I've got. seems to be more reliable than some other sources. Deagel is a pretty good source as well; it's known for predicting the J-10B and J-2X.

That's a self propelled anti-tank gun.

Though I thought part of the mission profile of a tank is to kill other tanks anyway.

what the hell..who put two alien eyes on it?

It's the T-90's APS. Export variants to India and Saudi do not have that feature.

Anyways, we are talking about the Type-99 :D

This Type-99A2 appears to have some Western influences.

Back
Top Bottom