What's new

Martin Jacques: Understanding the rise of China

I can see in a not too distant future, the biggest ethnic minorities like Miao, Zhang etc will preserve their identities but not their culture. Their culture will become part of Chinese mainstream culture, not separate from it.

But I can't see the same thing about Tibetan and Uighurs. Their cultures are just too different. They are Chinese citizens but I can understand many of them will have problem fully embracing Chinese identities and mainstream Chinese culture.

Koreans are indeed statistically taller than Chinese and Japanese. We must wonder then why despite their physical tallness, they are so militarily weak, from 1000 years ago to now.
Is there a consistent correlation elsewhere in the world where a group that is taller than other groups has a better military record? Or is this just another spuriously made up and abuse of statistic by you?

Is there a consistent correlation elsewhere in the world where a group that is taller than other groups has a better military record? Or is this just another spuriously made up and abuse of statistic by you?

not at all but physical height is often correlated with muscular strength, an important factor in pre-industrial warfare, but even in preindustrial warfare Korea has consistently been enslaved in succession by China and Japan.

not at all but physical height is often correlated with muscular strength, an important factor in pre-industrial warfare, but even in preindustrial warfare Korea has consistently been enslaved in succession by China and Japan.
Give us all a break from your dishonesty...:rolleyes:...I can make up 'statistics' about anything on China and how to 'correlate' them against any slanders I want to attach to China. But it is admirable that you can say with a straight face that you are not a racist. Must be a Chinese trait.

Give us all a break from your dishonesty...:rolleyes:...I can make up 'statistics' about anything on China and how to 'correlate' them against any slanders I want to attach to China. But it is admirable that you can say with a straight face that you are not a racist. Must be a Chinese trait.

Sigh. I don't think you understand the difference between a racist, and someone that accepts the laws of biology and genetics. I do not hate any race.

Sigh. I don't think you understand the difference between a racist, and someone that accepts the laws of biology and genetics. I do not hate any race.
You mean someone who manipulate data. At least the Klansman is more courageous than you about who and what he is while you and your fellow Chinese members here hide your racism behind these manipulated data.

LOL what a hypocrite. :lol:

You're accusing others of "veiled racism"... yet you OPENLY ascribe negative traits, and negative stereotypes to Chinese people.

Must be a Chinese trait.

At least you're open about your racial stereotyping, right? :azn:

Koreans are indeed statistically taller than Chinese and Japanese. We must wonder then why despite their physical tallness, they are so militarily weak, from 1000 years ago to now.

Height is also correlated with industrialization and nutrition so it's hard to say what is genetics and what is environment. I kinda doubt I'd be as tall if I stayed in China. The food here is not really that healthy but it's higher in protein than what I ate in China.

LOL what a hypocrite. :lol:

You're accusing others of "veiled racism"... yet you OPENLY ascribe negative traits, and negative stereotypes to Chinese people.

At least you're open about your racial stereotyping, right? :azn:
Eh? Dare I suspect that you do not like the taste of your own medicine? If anything, since your pal had provided you ample...errr...'evidences'...of Chinese racial superiority over other and lesser Asiatic stocks, you should amply enjoy the taste of said medicine.

Height is also correlated with industrialization and nutrition so it's hard to say what is genetics and what is environment. I kinda doubt I'd be as tall if I stayed in China. The food here is not really that healthy but it's higher in protein than what I ate in China.

I don't agree, China is industrialized but not developed, Japan is both industrialized and developed, both have similar heights, but the difference between Chinese/Japanese and Koreans is a statistically significant 25% of a standard deviation. This can be ascribed to genetic factors. I should learn more about statistics, then I can more quantitatively describe this phenomena.

Average Height by Country (Males >20 years) |

I don't agree, China is industrialized but not developed, Japan is both industrialized and developed, both have similar heights, but the difference between Chinese/Japanese and Koreans is a statistically significant 25% of a standard deviation. This can be ascribed to genetic factors. I should learn more about statistics, then I can more quantitatively describe this phenomena.

Average Height by Country (Males >20 years) |

I didn't say genetics has nothing to do with it. I just said other stuff can be a factor. Japanese people are just short because they are on an island. Mammals on islands tend to be smaller because of a variety of factors, including adaptations to food scarcity and Insular dwarfism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Another thing I noticed about Japanese people is how many of them are bow legged. I wonder if that is genetic too.

gambit:
Give us all a break from your dishonesty......I can make up 'statistics' about anything on China and how to 'correlate' them against any slanders I want to attach to China. But it is admirable that you can say with a straight face that you are not a racist. Must be a Chinese trait.

You mean someone who manipulate data. At least the Klansman is more courageous than you about who and what he is while you and your fellow Chinese members here hide your racism behind these manipulated data.

Eh? Dare I suspect that you do not like the taste of your own medicine? If anything, since your pal had provided you ample...errr...'evidences'...of Chinese racial superiority over other and lesser Asiatic stocks, you should amply enjoy the taste of said medicine.

is this guy crazy??????????????????????????

gambit:
Give us all a break from your dishonesty......I can make up 'statistics' about anything on China and how to 'correlate' them against any slanders I want to attach to China. But it is admirable that you can say with a straight face that you are not a racist. Must be a Chinese trait.

is this guy crazy??????????????????????????

a little bit lol, it's best to learn how to humour him.

Back
Top Bottom