What's new

Marriage can cause depression, study finds......

nope still dont like it
a9d634bbc7c6f78b747b3595c1f3d412c30310403e5d46b7484b6ed3f078dca0.jpg

It all depends on your better half, and what is it that you expect of her.
If your expectations are realistic and if both can give each other space with out feeling needy, the marriage is all together a happy affair.
been married close to 9 yrs now , still dont regret it. :)

It all depends on your better half. and what is it that you expect of her.
If your expectations are realistic and if both can give each other space with out feeling needy, the marriage is all together a happy affair.
i like that attitude

i found someone sensible

i like that attitude

i found someone sensible
By the way acceptance of another comes over a period of time, it took us years after we were married before we realized what is the best way to handle any situation.
as long as you have trust and respect for each other , you can make this work.

By the way acceptance of another comes over a period of time, it took us years after we were married before we realized what is the best way to handle any situation.
as long as you have trust and respect for each other , you can make this work.
im not married yet.................

I got married 10 years back. Those were the initial days of my struggle in my career. At that time nothing was happening in right direction. I was working in day in a big Indian Industry house and at night pursuing masters degree . I was depressed to a lethal point. During that time I got married with a cute girl studying MA in English. I still surprised to think why she married me that time. I could not give her time in our initial marriage days. Still she supported me to the extreme.

My luck turned around after my marriage. Today by God's grace I am in a position which I never imagined at all. I worked really hard but still things appears like dream to me. Not only in career front, in personal front too. The satisfaction of living with parents, wife , kids with full of happiness-what else one can ask for.
My suggestion to all unmarried people of PDF- get married soon. Its a life changing event :cheers:

Last edited:
I got married 10 years back. Those were the initial days of my struggle in my career. At that time nothing was happening in right direction. I was working in day in a big Indian Industry house and at night pursuing masters degree . I was depressed to a lethal point. During that time I got married with a cute girl studying MA in English. I still surprised to think why she married me that time. I could not give her time in our initial marriage days. Still she supported me to the extreme.

My luck turned around after my marriage. Today by God's grace I am in a position which I never imagined at all. I worked really heard but still things appears like dream to me. Not only in career front, in personal front too. The satisfaction of living with parents, wife , kids with full of happiness-what else one can ask for.
My suggestion to all unmarried people - get married soon. Its a life changing event :cheers:
life changing,,,,offcourse,,,makes man responsible,gharelu,,,,,par kya kare hum abhi khute se bandhna nahi chahte,,

Hahah thanks for the warning but research also shows that being with a more compatible mate increases your health and happiness, along with life expectancy! :D
@jaibi : Heed the warning!

Back out, or stock up on prozac.

Hahah thanks for the warning but research also shows that being with a more compatible mate increases your health and happiness, along with life expectancy! :D
dont believe all that "research",,,,sounds more like propaganda of the female kind,to lure in the naive..

Couple_arguing_2894310b.jpg

Being nagged or criticised or feeling let down by your other half are just some of the triggers for dissatisfaction with marriage found by psychologists in the US Photo: Alamy

After years of advice from experts telling us that marriage helps keep us happy, healthy and longer-lived, a study has found that it can also lead to depression.

Being nagged or criticised or feeling let down by your other half are just some of the triggers for dissatisfaction with marriage found by psychologists in the US.

Those who suffer long-term stress within the relationship are more unlikely to enjoy the positive aspects of being married – a hallmark of depression.

It is not necessarily good news for time-pressed parents and workers, but meditation may be one option to help beat such negative effects, the report concluded.

The long-term study looked at couples after 11 years of marriage and measured how often they frowned. Richard Davidson, professor of psychology and psychiatry at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, said its findings shed light on what made some people more vulnerable.

Related Articles
“This is not an obvious consequence of marital stress, but it’s one I think is extraordinarily important,” he said.

“This is the signature of an emotional style that reveals vulnerability to depression.”

Previous research has shown that married people are, in general, happier and healthier than single people. But marriage can also be one of the most significant sources of long-lasting social stress.

The researchers examined chronic marital stress to test how common daily triggers may lead to depression and similar conditions. Married volunteers were tested at the beginning of the research and again after nine and 11 years.

hehehe...:D:D
to all shadi sudha jodi........@levina @DRAY @Roybot @Alpha1@scorpionx @thesolar65 @JanjaWeed .....:D
to all bachelors ....... @Indischer @chak de INDIA @Sidak ....

Marriage can cause depression, study finds - Telegraph
only for men who work hard to get screw up by their holy wife..... Punchnama kar deti hai...

Some people can't handle the trauma!! :D
tsunami can't be handled..... Can you....?

It all depends on your better half, and what is it that you expect of her.
a happy married man has to say say appease his partner verna roti paani band ni ho jayega bro...?

Last edited:
BS!!!

Marriage, the key to a better life: Study finds tying the knot means improved health and longer life expectancy | Mail Online

And if you believe in this theory that you've posted Damaged-god then phaaleeez DONT GET MARRIED. :devil:
And you too @chak de INDIA :P
Farzi study might have tried with intent to trap Cow Man like me...

I already can see what vl happen after I get married later this year.Trailers dikhne shuru ho gaye hain abhi se he atyacharo k...:(
bhai par parents toh haathpaav dhoke peeche pade hai .... Unko bhi ye trailer dhikhayo koi....

kaise ensure hoga ye.....
do u have any plan for it......:p::p:

hehehe....india me bahut frustration hai......kya kare log........shadi nai karo to frustration shadi karo to frustration.....
men are so simple and so kind..:)...par women so cruel and so clever......
:angry:

koi nai bhai.....
humari dua aap ke sath hai.....
bhagwan aap kko lambhi zindgi de.....:D:D
Bhai you deserve a presidential post of Bachelor party of Men only.... Aabki baar kuwaro ki sarkaar hahaha...

Last edited:
I dunno how does waking up at 2 in the morning to prepare coffee for you or to clean up the entire house before going to the office as you are dozing off, is 'doing well for himself' ? :(

Bichareiii par rahim karein aaap ! :(
we are simply helpless to help our brothers..... God will be with him...

only for men who work hard to get screw up by their holy wife..... Punchnama kar deti hai...
I think men need to get their voice heard ..... when a women cry ,,the whole world come to console her..par jab mard rota hai...koi puchne bhi nai aata.......
yaar aadmiyo ke saath bahut na insafi hai is duniya me.......men need to learn....itt ka jawab pathar se dena....:lol:

Bhai you deserve a presidential post of Bachelor party of Men only.... Aabki baar kuwaro ki sarkaar hahaha...
theek hai mai ready hu......
par hume vote kaun kaun dega.....:unsure::unsure:

Back
Top Bottom