What's new

Manufacture of the first Saudi-Brazilian turbo jet engine

Chinese most likely, but idk.

It can also be used on light aircraft, but doesn't mean there isn't cruise missile projects in the works, or coming up in the future.

Also, Brazil has 12 million people of Arab roots like the last, or last last president.

1024px-Eclipse-N503EA-060825-14-16.jpg
A Cruise missile engine normaly doesn't have enough Life Span for this planes... Just an example, Turkey has KTJ-3200 for cruise missiles while in the same time We are working on TS1400 for Helicopters and Akıncı UCAV...

A Cruise missile engine normaly doesn't have enough Life Span for this planes... Just an example, Turkey has KTJ-3200 for cruise missiles while in the same time We are working on TS1400 for Helicopters and Akıncı UCAV...
It is geared towards UAVs too apparently. It has to have good flight hours to be used on a UAV. Although, you may be right, and I may be wrong.

I saw that there is SOM naval being developed, does this mean it will be directly launched from ship?
Oh you mean SOM-C1 and SOM-C2? No. We are working on Gezgin Cruise missiles for this purpose...
SOM C1 and C2 has sea-skimming and high maneuver capacity similiar to Turkish ATMACA anti ship missiles... But still we are gonna use it with our jets and Akıncı UCAV...
You can use SOM-A and SOM-B1 for anti-ship too... But this variants primary designed for land attack and doesnt have ''enough'' sea-skimming capacity. Destroying SOM C1 is much more harder for enemy ships.

Last edited:
@Turan09
What size cruise missile do you think is possible make with a 51.7 lbs thrust engine?

Something like a small version of Delilah
1280px-Delilah_missile_side.jpg

Last edited:
Yep. I just tagged him to point to an insider 'joke' ... literally everything I say on Quwa, it seems the likes of UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt etc, are doing it (e.g., working with Brazil, Ukraine, etc), while Pakistan is either silent (for a good reason, or because it's not taking advantage of these opportunities. or can't for reasons outside of its control).

Where do Pakistan get the engines for their missiles?

51.7 lbs? You mean ''lbf?''
1 KN trust power is 170-200 lbf. (And it is not that much power for a cruise missie) Or you mean something else?
I mean the engine generates 51.7 pounds of thrust. Delilah uses 197 pounds of thrust engine on a 412 pound missile so wouldn't it be possible to use a CM with a Hellfire size weight(100kg) with a 51.7 pounds thrust engine?

Just simple logic. If you and I didn't heard anything about it's development it is probably a chinese engine. Of course I might be wrong.

In that case why spend money to developing that has already been developed and available to you in quantities and price you want.

@Turan09
What size cruise missile do you think is possible make with a 51.7 lbs thrust engine?

Something like a small version of Delilah
1280px-Delilah_missile_side.jpg
I mean the engine generates 51.7 pounds of thrust. Delilah uses 197 pounds of thrust engine on a 412 pound missile so wouldn't it be possible to use a CM with a Hellfire size weight(100kg) with a 51.7 pounds thrust engine?
Delilah is already one of the lightist Cruise missile ever produced. Now you want to produce even more lighter cruise missile... technically possible. But most probably won't be efficient. You can't call it a ''cruise missile'' I mean.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom