What's new

Manmohan Singh -- Sonia's Poodle

metro

BANNED
Reaction score
London: "Manmohan Singh - India's saviour or Sonia's poodle?" read the headline of a report in The Independent which observed that the Indian Prime Minister's reforming zeal had evaporated and slowed the country's growth.

The British daily cited observers to say he had "no genuine political power" and owed his position to Congress president Sonia Gandhi.

One of Manmohan Singh's problems is that "he has no genuine political power. Rather, he owes his position to Sonia Gandhi, widow of former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi, mother of Rahul and Congress Party chairwoman, who to the delight of India's middleclass selected him for that role when her party won a surprise victory in 2004", the report said.

"This has meant he has sometimes been unable to even control his cabinet and his failure to more quickly address the actions of a coalition minister, accused of defrauding the country up to $40bn in a telecom licence scam, led to him being accused of further weakness," it added.

The story said the quietly-spoken Manmohan Singh finds himself accused of abject failure.

Critics from business say his "reforming zeal has evaporated and slowed the country's growth, while political opponents say he has overseen an administration that has revealed itself to be mired in corruption. From within his ruling Congress Party there are repeated, if oblique, demands for him to step aside ahead in favour of his presumed successor, Rahul Gandhi", said the daily.

The story comes close on the heels of Manmohan Singh being dubbed an "underachiever" by Time magazine, which asked whether the architect of 1991 economic reforms could rouse himself and put India back on the high growth path.

"Narrowing the gap between heightened expectations and the nation capacity to deliver, should be a job for the man who launched those expectations 21 years ago with such oratorical flourish," Time said in the cover story of its Asia edition.
Is Manmohan Singh Sonia`s poodle, asks British daily

140gtg0.jpg

2lkfew3.jpg

:rofl::rofl: :disagree::disagree:

Hit the nail on the head , he is the most shameless prime minister in the world in my opinion ..with zero self esteem, He might be have been a great finance minister that too back in early 90s but todays MMS is nothing more than fake Ghandi's Poodle

India needs Modi to save us from these puppets and puppeteers !

Stop making fun of your PM.. Indians calling him something is one thing but its no fun seeing others making fun of the PM of a big country like India.. I think it's time to show the foreign reporters based in India their limits and told to watch their mouth..

The fking brits are pissed off ever since their jet got rejected and right after that there has been systematic increase of such articles/reports/videos in British media..

Stop making fun of your PM.. Indians calling him something is one thing but its no fun seeing others making fun of the PM of a big country like India.. I think it's time to show the foreign reporters based in India their limits and told to watch their mouth..

The fking brits are pissed off ever since their jet got rejected and right after that there has been systematic increase of such articles/reports/videos in British media..

Stop trolling Chinaman!!

changing the semantics won't change the reality.... in my opinion he is a traitor to the nation.

changing the semantics won't change the reality.... in my opinion he is a traitor to the nation.

Indians elected him and they have the only rights to question him/ accuse him.. Do you want ever other sadakchaap reporter to come and abuse India's PM? Respect the dignity of the position if not the person..

Hit the nail on the head , he is the most shameless prime minister in the world in my opinion ..with zero self esteem, He might be have been a great finance minister that too back in early 90s but todays MMS is nothing more than fake Ghandi's Poodle
Why blame the poor sod? This Italian woman needs to be sent back from wherever she came otherwise the poodle faking Congress Party will continue to lick her feet till the cows come home.

That's the goddamn tragedy of this benighted country. We let a bl00dy foreigner rule us. Old habits die hard, what? :sick:

Indians elected him and they have the only rights to question him/ accuse him.. Do you want ever other sadakchaap reporter to come and abuse India's PM? Respect the dignity of the position if not the person..

truth always prevails....whether it is said by Me or any foreigner....

acceptance of the reality is the first step to any problem....

The gentle MMS does not realise he could assert himself by just threatening to resign as Congress will be afraid to lose face with the voters. Sonia is overruling the authority of the PM of India using the National Advisory Council. And the NAC's policies threaten India to take back to the pre 1991 days. Case to point is the National Food Security Bill which will cover 70% of the population and will place a heavy burden on the exchequer and is nothing but votebank politics.

Stop trolling Chinaman!!

Its not the designation , its the Man that has brought disrespect to our nation... he sure is a Sonias Poodle , truth does not change based on its origin .... Even if he needs to sneeze he would require Sonias or political novice Rahuls permission .... Why do you blame the media instead of blaming his actions ..... he has got what he deserved , He has ashamed us all !

Hasnt Indian media written about Bill clintons affairs with Lewinsky or Zardaris ineffectiveness as leader.... you only get what you deserve and Mr MMS has got what he deserved

Why blame the poor sod? This Italian woman needs to be sent back from wherever she came otherwise the poodle faking Congress Party will continue to lick her feet till the cows come home.

She holds Indian nationality as far as I know so where do you think you can send her.. The most Indians can do is not to vote congress again to power.. But I am not sure that's gonna happen..

That's the goddamn tragedy of this benighted country. We let a bl00dy foreigner rule us. Old habits die hard, what? :sick:
It's a democracy and people themselves voted congress to power.. This time around I think it is going to be Rahul baba on the field and Sonia/MMS will be sidelined..

Stop trolling Chinaman!!

Hide your own problem? Blinded with your stupid nationalism just make you an idiot Indian. Your PM is exactly what he is, a lapdog for special interests. Everyone can see it from a mile away. Stop blaming the British for calling you out.

Your PM has already sold the position down the creek. Only dimwit Indians like you still hanging on to the illusion.

Hasnt Indian media written about Bill clintons affairs with Lewinsky or Zardaris ineffectiveness as leader.... you only get what you deserve and Mr MMS has got what he deserved

Writing about an affair is one thing but calling head of state poodle is actually an insult of state.. Dude, this is going to be a very bad precedent to set if not replied in the best possible manner.. Tomorrow any other @sshole will stand up and start calling names to who so ever in the Indian history.. Mind it these people insult M K Gandhi to date by publishing idiotic non-sense articles about him..

Hide your own problem? Blinded with your stupid nationalism just make you are an idiot Indian. Your PM is exactly what he is, a lapdog for special interests. Everyone can see it from a mile away. Stop blaming the British for calling you out.

Your PM has already sold the position down the creek. Only dimwit Indians like you still hanging on to the illusion.

Listen idiot, I am in no mood to reply you so stop quoting me..

In most cases a person is tied to their party and has to listen to their party.

In Pakistan there's rule that the party can withdraw the ticket in mid term too. Nullifying their seat.

Back
Top Bottom